P

pauly1963

Existence is evil, meaningless and pointless.
Nov 12, 2022
4 months ago, I lost my home because rents here in the UK are fast becoming unaffordable. It was a frightening time when my date to leave the property drew closer. Finding a cheaper flat was virtually impossible. So in desperation, I decided to live in my car because the stress of trying to find somewhere affordable was driving my anxiety through the roof. I removed the back seats and front passenger seat from my little car ( Peugeot 207 ) and fixed a length of thick plywood to the floor to make a base for some foam camping mats. I then put limo tint on the windows for privacy, filled my car with only essential items and then hit the road. It has been a rough time as you can imagine, but at least I am no longer a rent slave, and can live almost anywhere I want to within reason. I am currently parked up in a national park in the North of England, it is bitter cold outside, but I am snug inside my little car with my 2 sleeping bags around me, staring at the moonlit forest scenery outside and the only sound to be heard is the wind in the trees.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: TraumaEscapee:), onlyanimalsaregood, Meaninglessness and 6 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Jesus Christ, that sounds hellish, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! What are you doing when you need the bathroom or kitchen??

• Hugs
Reactions: pauly1963 and makethepainstop
P

pauly1963

Nov 12, 2022
Jesus Christ, that sounds hellish, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! What are you doing when you need the bathroom or kitchen??
Lol. I live mainly around rural areas, so the woods are my toilet, ( I carry a trowel to bury waste ). I have a very good camp stove, gas kettle, etc and boil water for washing, shaving myself in a large stainless steel bowl. I fill up 2 X 10 litre water carriers once a week when I go into civilization for groceries etc. It really isn't as bad as it sounds once you adapt to it, and go through the learning curve of how to do it successfully. The only worry I have about car dwelling is people: Thieves, vandals, cops etc. I awoke one night at 3.45 am to the noise of some hoodlums surrounding my car and banging on the windows. When you sleep in a vehicle, the windows usually always steam up. They must have seen the heavy condensation and figured someone could be in there and so decided to have some fun. I jumped into the driver's seat half asleep and sped off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shivali
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Lol. I live mainly around rural areas, so the woods are my toilet, ( I carry a trowel to bury waste ). I have a very good camp stove, gas kettle, etc and boil water for washing, shaving myself in a large stainless steel bowl. I fill up 2 X 10 litre water carriers once a week when I go into civilization for groceries etc. It really isn't as bad as it sounds once you adapt to it, and go through the learning curve of how to do it successfully. The only worry I have about car dwelling is people: Thieves, vandals, cops etc. I awoke one night at 3.45 am to the noise of some hoodlums surrounding my car and banging on the windows. When you sleep in a vehicle, the windows usually always steam up. They must have seen the heavy condensation and figured someone could be in there and so decided to have some fun. I jumped into the driver's seat half asleep and sped off.
Wtf! What a nightmare! Well you're coping a damned side better than I would! I'm so sorry! Well done though! You should be proud of yourself!!!

Reactions: pauly1963
P

pauly1963

Nov 12, 2022
Wtf! What a nightmare! Well you're coping a damned side better than I would! I'm so sorry! Well done though! You should be proud of yourself!!!
Thanks, that means a lot. I used to spend a lot of time outdoors beforehand anyway, camping and hiking etc, so most of it was second nature to me. I'm going to do some work for my brother in law soon who has a big contract to renovate a building. I can hopefully save enough to trade in my car and buy a van. I will also get a dog from a rescue shelter for company and security. I love animals, my last dog passed away 7 months ago. It broke my heart.

• Love
Reactions: actual_fox, Shivali and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Thanks, that means a lot. I used to spend a lot of time outdoors beforehand anyway, camping and hiking etc, so most of it was second nature to me. I'm going to do some work for my brother in law soon who has a big contract to renovate a building. I can hopefully save enough to trade in my car and buy a van. I will also get a dog from a rescue shelter for company and security. I love animals, my last dog passed away 7 months ago. It broke my heart.
Aww sorry for your loss. They really are man's best friend. I'm really glad you have that opportunity on the horizon

• Love
Reactions: pauly1963
P

pauly1963

Nov 12, 2022
Aww sorry for your loss. They really are man's best friend. I'm really glad you have that opportunity on the horizon
Thank you 🤗