A

anonymoose

May 14, 2020
I come from a very religious, small town where I was raised to suppress my identity, my feelings, and my aspirations. A place where i was molested, lgbtqi people are told they go to hell, and where women are taught to be silent. A place where I was never made aware of opportunities to learn and grow outside this prison until it was too late.

I was strong growing up. I pushed through and promised myself I'd get out. And I almost got there. Six years ago I got into a dream school, far away from the hell i had grown up with. I was so excited for the life i thought i was about to have. And the last day of admitted student visits it turned out to be a joke, i couldnt afford it, i wouldnt be able to go, so id attend a school right next to my town. That in itself wasnt bad. The college i went to was a good school, but i wasnt able to escape the role religion played in telling me to dial down my goals. it was still a small town full of patriarchy, and without much opportunity to grow and leave. i spent my summers sleeping time away, hoping it would pass, instead of living and learning from a welcoming, diverse, open community in a city where i could be anonymous if i went to a bar or went on a date, where i could struggle and crash and burn knowing i was living the life, with its ups and downs, that i loved. but that didnt happen. i didnt find love. instead i found myself crashing and burning to even get a chance at the life i hoped to have, having to be silent if i wanted the chance to succeed, instead of being bold and outspoken. my family tried to break me into something passive and obedient rather than brave and direct.

I came a long way, i finally got to leave two years ago. but by that time, it was already too late. my peers were light years ahead of me in my workplace. i was constantly overlooked. but at least i was free. at least i got a taste of what youth is supposed to be like, instead of watching it slip away. not anymore. im now back home due to the pandemic. i cant even make a salad here without being told to be careful with a knife or being "reinstructed" on how to do the most basic things. I've found myself fighting, struggling again these past 3 months, to try and be positive and push forward again. But its the same story. i was born stuck. Ive been fighting my entire life for freedom. I've done everything I can do fight against the system and leave. unfortunately its a black hole i cant escape from. but at least i am in control of when and where to end my life. and so far im getting comfortable with my method.

im glad a site like this exists so that i can hear others stories while getting emotional support to CTB.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: aliaslena, all_pointless, Notwinnernotawin and 4 others
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
Yeah by my mom. Dumb bitch let all kinds of fucked up shit happen to me and my siblings. And she has not even try to remedy it.

• Love
Reactions: Conker and all_pointless
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Yes. I was abused as a child which leads to timidity. Then my new family introduced me to Christianity and I viewed God as my new abuser. The fear of Hell was the only reason I stayed in it for so long. I never wanted a relationship with Jesus or God. I was told to in order to avoid Hell.

That led to never having a gf because premarital sex was viewed as a sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERASED