StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Another Mother's Day is here. I hate this day. My little girl would always make this day so special. If I didn't have Sweet Pea I would be gone. Don't get me wrong I love Sweet Pea but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last. There is nothing here for me but pain and sadness. Why stay? I wish all the mothers a very Happy Mother's Day.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pikku.tiikeri, Angi, ColorlessTrees and 11 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Yeah I'm having a hard time with it. I'd like to be able to make it a special day for her but I'm so miserable I don't have it in me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and Dead Meat
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Yeah I'm having a hard time with it. I'd like to be able to make it a special day for her but I'm so miserable I don't have it in me.
I understand. Can you get her some flowers? Maybe a card - or just write on a piece of paper how much you love her ... just a thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Dead Meat
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I bought her some flowers, I'm so numb I can't even feel love but I'll tell her.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Cathy Ames and Dead Meat
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I bought her some flowers, I'm so numb I can't even feel love but I'll tell her.
I'm rather envious that you feel numb. I'm on the other spectrum, I feel everything. Anyway - great job you got her flowers. Now just find a post it note or a piece of paper. Just write how you feel I love you or You're a great Mom. Trust me she will appreciate it. I know you can do this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, S like suicide, Cathy Ames and 2 others
E

eremito

Student
Sep 18, 2019
For many of us, the Mother is the only person who loves us unconditionally. She will forgive us all. We are unable to love her back, we will never pay back this moral debt, neither in this life, nor ever after. Let's haste to be close, as long as she lives

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've been mostly numb for years it's horrible it's like I'm already dead
I'm rather envious that you feel numb. I'm on the other spectrum, I feel everything. Anyway - great job you got her flowers. Now just find a post it note or a piece of paper. Just write how you feel I love you or You're a great Mom. Trust me she will appreciate it. I know you can do this.
Being numb for years is nothing to be envied it's horrible. I don't feel that's the problem but thanks for the advice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and 710
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's been hard to even care about my mom lately when she mostly just keeps nagging at me to get a job or to start actually caring about my health but I do understand why. It's also been difficult to be around her lately because I wind up thinking about how I'm probably going to ruin her life by taking my own later this year and yet that fact alone isn't enough to get me to want to stop which makes me pretty evil all things considered which subsequently makes my suicide feel even more warranted.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and Dead Meat
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
My exhusband groomed my son and took him from me in my most depressed moments. My son is 15 and I am powerless to stop it. I am broken and it's like my literal heart is ripped out of my chest AND my SN arrived today... So you know...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, freedompass, Dead Meat and 1 other person
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
Another Mother's Day is here. I hate this day. My little girl would always make this day so special. If I didn't have Sweet Pea I would be gone. Don't get me wrong I love Sweet Pea but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last. There is nothing here for me but pain and sadness. Why stay? I wish all the mothers a very Happy Mother's Day.
I totally understand when you say that if you didn't have Sweet Pea you wouldn't be here anymore. Btw, I love her name. I'm sorry that this day is difficult for you. I don't have a relationship with my mother, so this day for me is the same as all the others. Whatever happens I wish you the best. Take care.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I don't have a relationship with my mother, so this day for me is the same as all the others. Whatever happens I wish you the best. Take care.

Yes. Some people have great mothers and some people don't.

It's not Mother's Day today in my country though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and rationaltake
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Yes, we already had Mother's Day back in March, my mum was so thrilled with the special 'letterbox flowers' I sent. They were a bargain too with a discount haha so that was a win.

My mum has been a staunch friend to me throughout my life in *almost* everything. So it seems only natural now that I should do all I can to ensure she feels cared for and loved in whatever time remains. It's a worry, not gonna lie. She talks of falling as if it's an inevitability and when an older person falls it can sadly signal the beginning of the end.

I'm gearing myself up to possibly having to go down there if things take a turn for the worse. At least I could make sure she has the necessary care and help in place for once and for all (since it's hard to achieve at this distance). Staying with her and my son (who shuns and ignores me), having no privacy, dealing with a moth infestation(ugh) is not an experience I look forward to but of course my love for her will overcome that.

Motherhood in general is sentimentalised to an unbearable degree by the Mother's Day industry. Marginalising even more those who either don't have a mother in their lives or have a poor relationship with theirs. It's like Valentine's Day for the unhappily single.

I'd go further and say that the degree to which motherhood is sanctified by our society/culture/religion also marginalises many women who like me, don't or can't identify with the stereotype or for whatever reason have a troubled relationship with their offspring. Trust me maternal guilt is a real literal motherfucker. You don't know sorrow till you see your child suffer the same agonies you didā€¦or worse. And feel responsible because the buck stops with you however little choice you ever had in the matter. A man can walk away and often does. A woman, not so much.

Just my reflections, for US Mother's Day.

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Yea I'm a non mother because I lost my children thru abortions. It's a reminder that I threw away my kids like they were nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
You are un amazing woman and a sweet motherā¤ and your angel knows itā£

• Love
Reactions: Spiritual survivor and Dead Meat
Trezzohno

Trezzohno

Suffering from a bad case of being alive :/
May 9, 2022
Spent the say feeling like complete crap, avoiding my mum cause i dont want her to have good memories with me to lament over when am no longer living

Reactions: Spiritual survivor