Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
Piled on top of my regular depression, the overwhelming feeling it gives me to CTB each month is almost enough to do it just so I don't have to deal with it again and again.

• Hugs
Reactions: cornytomato, purplesmoothie, Smokey8484 and 2 others
P

pennylanefinaltake

Aug 7, 2020
I'm going through the same thing, I believe (not diagnosed officially but the symptoms seem to fit). Does that feeling go away for you once your period is over?

• Hugs
Reactions: purplesmoothie
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Yeah. I'm basically useless for the entire week before my period. Getting on birth control helped calm it down a lot. Like I'm still miserable for that week, just not immobilized with despair.

Getting people to take this seriously is always a struggle for a lot of reasons. I get the sentiment of "well you'll feel better in a few days :3" a lot and I feel like that completely misses the point that I'm tired of experiencing this complete breakdown every 30 days.

I've considered having a hysterectomy and just being done with the whole thing lol

• Hugs
P

pennylanefinaltake

Aug 7, 2020
But hysterectomies come with another whole set of complications too. :-(

S

Smokey8484

Aug 9, 2020
I'm not diagnosed but I believe my symptoms match the description. There have been so many months where in the day or two before my period, I have come so close to driving my car into a wall, taking an overdose of whats available, the urges to self harm become so overwhelming. It feels like an entity takes over my body, and I feel totally powerless. I spend the days in floods of tears in my car and then the minute I get my period, it begins to lift and I go back to my usual low level/ high functioning depressive state. Its been a factor in sabotaging potential relationships tbh which is depressing in itself!

• Hugs
C

curiouskitty

Jul 13, 2020
Yup!!! The beauty of the feminine body, besides the 3-5 days in which I spend vomiting all my meals out and curl in pain, 1-1.5 weeks before that I go from a 5 to an 8 on a scale of closeness to CTBing.

The beauty of it is that when I rose that concern up with an OBGYN, I've been told it would go away once I have kids. Thanks, lady. Cause I have totes not just had a conversation with you about sterilization.