Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Learning disabilities make my life even less enjoyable than the average somewhat miserable person. I've heard all these stories about how people have taken on new things to do during Quarantine. Learning new languages, instruments and hobbies like it's easy as breathing all by themselves while someone like me needs someone in the flesh to teach me in person. If I didn't have Special Education help in Highschool I wouldn't have graduated, I would have been held back a year or two or probably just dropped out altogether. My brain simply can't hold information for more than maybe a few minutes at the most before it evaporates like smoke. And in a world like today a life like that simply is not feasible to survive in. Hell I don't even know how to pay bills or remember street names in the city I've lived in for my entire life. I'm that much of an empty vessel.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Fragile, clownangel and 2 others
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
I seriously can't wrap my head around how people can just casually learn a language or an instrument. Even when I was required to in school I couldn't do it and felt dumb as hell. I'm in a constant state of having to google or pull out my calculator for what should be simple math & having to reread pages in books a couple times. I dropped out as soon as I could & spent all of my time in highschool in the special ed room with no "normal" classes.

No idea when my short term memory decided to go down the tubes but I think that's the most irritating part of it. My auditory processing is screwy so I can't watch video tutorials & retain any of it but I'm okay learning hands on type things in person with help.

Reactions: demuic
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
Yeah, I'm lazy and don't want to learn.

Reactions: Skathon
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Mine is rather (extremely?) severe, yet no one has ever noticed (or heard of...) it while I was still in education. Bastards, all of them...

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
mathhhh
and anything related to math. I have an IEP because of my "specific learning disability in math"
anything math related just goes in and out, don't know don't care!

Reactions: Skathon
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I have bad dyslexia. I can't spell. I can't learn another language.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kat!
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
If I don't die soon, I need to learn disabilities because of aging. It's nightmare. The world is still not friendly to disable people. As long as there have human beings exist, always have discrimination.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kat! and KuriGohan&Kamehameha