NefariousWish

Apr 30, 2020
That's my experience.

Reactions: Skathon and FusRohDracarys
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
I stopped setting them, realised life is too unpredictable and has a tendency to switch the goalposts on you, better to go with the flow until I drown.

When I did have them, like gaining a degree, I found the pay off wasn't anywhere as satisfying as I expected. In fact I'd be a bit depressed for a while, thinking so what the fuck do I now? I think Tyson Fury discusses this phenomena when he talks about his depression. You strive so hard to do something, you're kind of lost once you've achieved it.

Reactions: Justinian and moonchild
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I feel this too. I think, for me, a lot of is that I used to put up my own goals before and it never really turned out good. And when I look back at the past 3-4(?), I feel like I've only pursued goals I was "supposed" to, as if that would be safer, more successful and more rewarding. Instead, now it all just seems so pointless.

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
i have some goals but it's hard to find the energy to even work towards them anymore :/

Reactions: Skathon
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Wish to be able to draw but amount of energy required to learn everything from scratch is too much for me.

Reactions: Fragile
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
For lifetime goals like having a family, a place to live, and also stable financially, I mostly already giving up about them since it seems impossible in my situation.

For things more manageable like reading books, playing games, listening to podcasts, etc. basically I don't have enough energy and pleasure to do them. Feels like too much burden for me.

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Constantly, video games, movies etc ... every time I start something I'm wishing it would end, I force myself to do it, I just don't enjoy it.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
That was all of college for me. I did fairly well and made great connections with some of my dear professors. They have cheered me on the whole way, and asked me to keep in touch after college and let them know how I'm doing. Felt nothing but panic and dread the entire time. I didn't even feel any pleasure getting a job where I could leave everything behind, travel, and start over. I only felt dread, again, or nothing at all. It was simply something that was happening, another thing I was doing in my life.

But this isn't new; everything has always felt like this even as a kid. At least other people got joy seeing me "succeed" throughout life. Better than nothing I guess.

Last edited: