Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I realized that that's why I'm still alive even though my life gets steadily worse. I didn't get the love and connection I was supposed to get as a child so I crave it like a junkie as an adult.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, motel rooms, Tonight634 and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I realized that that's why I'm still alive even though my life gets steadily worse. I didn't get the love and connection I was supposed to get as a child so I crave it like a junkie as an adult.
People do need this all of their lives, and not getting this as a child- it was the same situation for me as a child- means you typically don't learn the social skills needed to get this as an adult- at least to the extent that a person really needs this, which is a lot. You can learn to improve your social skills and make things better, but it's not easy- help from others who care is so essential.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Neon
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
People do need this all of their lives, and not getting this as a child- it was the same situation for me as a child- means you typically don't learn the social skills needed to get this as an adult- at least to the extent that a person really needs this, which is a lot. You can learn to improve your social skills and make things better, but it's not easy- help from others who care is so essential.
My social skills are not bad unless my ptsd is hitting me hard that day then my anxiety interferes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
A romantic connection, yes but I'm so depressed, I can't even take care of myself. I do think that if I was in a good relationship, I'd be less inclined to CTB.

It's a catch 22. A relationship would help ease my depression (maybe) but i'm too depressed to make an effort.

Reactions: Hollowman and Weebster
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Unfortunately it's so true. I realized a lot this year. It sucks because it's not our fault but now we have to deal with it. It makes me angry sometimes through my parents.

Reactions: Weebster
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think it used to, but now the desire to die is winning out. I'll still give the need for connection a few more months though even though it's likely never going to get met.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I think it used to, but now the desire to die is winning out. I'll still give the need for connection a few more months though even though it's likely never going to get met.
Do you feel a steady sense of longing?