CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Workplace bullying has been the main problem for me and I already struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts to begin with. That's my reason. The job is what it is but it's the people that always ruin it at some point. I'm glad this website has existed because I've talked about this problem before and always get support. No one else in my life ever seems to care.

At least I can say I'm not a deadbeat dad or anything I just have my cats lol. I've been unemployed for a little over a month since leaving Amazon but now I got accepted for a Kroger overnight stocker job. Luckily that was just a commute issue. I'm hoping this is pretty chill pay is what it is but at least it's close and I suck with people so overnight probably makes sense.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Death_of_a_Phynixx, demuic, Arvinneedstodie and 6 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Keep trying and failing @ jobs and edumacationz. Yikes! No girlfriend 4 me, then! :haha:

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, Dr Iron Arc and CatLove56
X

xrosex

Dec 21, 2021
Quit past jobs, quit college 3 times too. I literally just couldn't stick with anything because of my social anxiety ( I may be autistic but no diagnosis) and I think the pressure to be in work till you drop basically sucks. This whole system sucks and is not how humans meant be living. If it was then I reckon we would know it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, LADY007, stilldreaming and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I have a hard time even finding the urge to find one but I'm sure even if I got one I'd definitely have the urge to quit it from the first sign of any struggle involved in the job which is why I find applying so difficult as well.

Reactions: demuic and CatLove56
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Yes i always failed at keeping jobs. The best i could was 18 months. I have some form of autism so dealing with people in addition to low energy, lethargy and mood swings make me very unreliable and undersirable by employers. Now i neet at my parents but this cant go forever

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Jude, WhiteRabbit and 2 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Very much so and it's a top reason for ctb. I'm working on switching to remote.

Reactions: demuic, CatLove56, Mixo and 1 other person
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
For me, it feels like I have a choice. Work full-time / OT and make well not "enough" money but enough to support myself. Be incredibly depressed and fail at self-care.

Orrrr work very little, but have wonderful self-care and healthy habits. But, not enough money. And persistent but low-grade stress knowing that eg I'll never money to retire or pay off my student loans. It's a dilly of a pickle, I tell you.

Exiting seems to be the best solution. No more worries about anything, yes please

Reactions: CatLove56 and josainsplorgat
milly

milly

uncertain of things
Nov 28, 2021
That'd be most of us here. I've been on & off last couple of years. Quit in October last year.. starting a new one in February. Sucks, scary and getting harder each time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sleepdrifter, demuic, justsayin and 5 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I have always had problems at jobs my whole life because of exactly what you just alluded to - people. I can withstand a lot but I never get used to the bullying, the exclusion/cliqueyness, favoritism, and the relentless gossip. Despite years of practice, I just have never fully fit in, despite my best efforts to be just as fake, malignant, and capricious. Recently an employer tried to threaten me with firing me for one more mistake and unfortunately for me, I have low bullshit tolerance, so I quit on the spot. You're not threatening me with jack shit. The only arrangement that seems to work for me is working at home, but I haven't escaped the horrible wages as a result of that trade off.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Anxieyote, Arvinneedstodie, Snake of Eden and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Sorry you were bullied at work, that's should not be acceptable . Like school wasn't enough for some of us. Hope the new job is better and wish you good luck. I have a steady job, my problem is that I call in sick a lot. But of they fire a permanent employee in my country they have to pay me a substancial amount of money. That has been my luck so far. Most days it's really hard to go. Good luck one again, keep us posted.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, CatLove56, Snake of Eden and 1 other person
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Sorry you were bullied at work, that's should not be acceptable . Like school wasn't enough for some of us. Hope the new job is better and wish you good luck. I have a steady job, my problem is that I call in sick a lot. But of they fire a permanent employee in my country they have to pay me a substancial amount of money. That has been my luck so far. Most days it's really hard to go. Good luck one again, keep us posted.
I wish I was one of those guys to fire it right back but I'm not and it's especially insulting when family gets on to me for not doing that. No one understands it's incredibly hard to stand up for myself when not much self esteem is there to begin with. thankfully this place exists

• Love
Reactions: demuic
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I had several jobs that I kept for a long time. Lately, I've only been at jobs for 6 months to a year. I have enough to not have to work, and with basically no future to worry about, I'm only staying someplace if I like the people and find the job interesting.

@Greg sorry you were bullied. Forgive my ignorance, but what does bullying at the workplace entail? I couldn't imagine ever not helping my coworkers, and doing what I could to improve their mood and morale.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
amazon is notorious for mistreating employees. it's for the best that you left. i always hear about people having two jobs and side hustles and i wonder "where do these people get the energy to do that?" i can barely keep one! if they could bottle whatever they have that makes them enjoy work i would gladly buy it (which would be another side hustle)

Reactions: CatLove56, demuic and justsayin
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I wish I was one of those guys to fire it right back but I'm not and it's especially insulting when family gets on to me for not doing that. No one understands it's incredibly hard to stand up for myself when not much self esteem is there to begin with. thankfully this place exists
Don't be so hard on yourself, when I started to work I was the same, before this job I was also jumping from job to job, of in two weeks I didn't like it I would quit. Also quit a few while on duty just walking away during my shift.

Reactions: demuic
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
There are people who can not have a job due to illness or disability and become therefore without money and homeless.

Reactions: xrosex
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
There are people who can not have a job due to illness or disability and become therefore without money and homeless.
And yet there are violent criminals with food, shelter, and healthcare. Why can't people see this system is just wrong.

Reactions: xrosex
SuicideM4n

SuicideM4n

Aug 9, 2021
Bullying is one of the main reasons that make me want to do CTB, I'd rather die than let them bully me again

completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I have a hard time keeping a job past 1 year. The job I'm at is my last. Going to ctb in the middle of the work week. It would be an accomplishment to not lose this job due to too much sick time

• Hugs
Reactions: milly
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
Yes, I cannot remain at a single job for even a year. I cannot imagine how a being can work somewhere for 20+ years and then retire, it makes no sense to me. I always resign due to my search of something better. Jobs suck, being paid pennies on a dollar when you know you're worth much more sucks. Trading sweat and being a modern-day slave, just to pay rent and bills also suck. Paying taxes for money that I have earned myself sucks. All of these things suck eggs to me because I know that these "jobs" are not why I am here in this realm/world in the first place. These jobs are not my life's purpose, therefore they will always suck. It is time for me to be an entrepreneur and take authority over my own life. Thanks for an interesting thread!

Reactions: CatLove56
LingeringUnreal

LingeringUnreal

dumb of ass
Dec 14, 2021
Yup, same issue here. I've never had a job for more than six months without some kind of physical or mental breakdown that gets me fired. But I don't qualify for disability so.....RIP.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I do. Just can't stand doing the same thing over and over again, day after day, for shit pay.

TheWood

TheWood

Experienced
Mar 1, 2022
In general, it's never easy to find a decent job. In some countries much more than others of course. In the past I had trouble with a job in an area that interested me. I had to leave because unfortunately there were too many disparities in pay, preferences etc. Moreover, being a family-run company, the problems they had at home also led them to work by disrespecting those who worked as employees. The work environment must be human but also professional