Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I hate these pieces of shit. Costly maintenance. Costly to afford. Car insurance costs. Their existence leads to things and people being further apart than necessary. Before the car, people lived in closer proximity to things. No one should have to go beyond 20 miles in their life. Car accidents can be brutal. Fuck cars

• Love
Reactions: CloudyNightSky, MindFrog, LoiteringClouds and 7 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
for different reasons.
the roads take up animals homes
they contribute to the destruction of the earth (global warming)
animals get hit causing injury or death that could have been prevented.

i wouldnt mind going back to horse and buggy

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, green eyes, sserafim and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't even have a car or driver's license, but yes. I hate cars. My main concern about them is that they result in so much unnecessary pollution and harm for the planet. I wish that people had more climate conscious methods of getting around.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Dliena and Ambivalent1
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
fuck cars and fuck centric infrastructure especially, my city removed trams for more lanes, sadge. walkability ftw (not that i could experience it anyway, going outside once a week lmao)

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Ambivalent1 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
for different reasons.
the roads take up animals homes
they contribute to the destruction of the earth (global warming)
animals get hit causing injury or death that could have been prevented.

i wouldnt mind going back to horse and buggy
I hate how humans have encroached upon the homes of animals. Humans seem to have no regard for animals, in the minds of humans, only humans matter, no one else. I feel like humanity is an especially selfish and egoistic species. Seeing roadkill makes me so sad. The saddest thing is that nobody even cares to clean it up and just drives past it. Instead, there's just a dead body on the road, on full display.

• Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Rogue Proxy, Pluto and 2 others
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Yes I really don't like how car dependant and not so ped friendly this country is.

vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
I hate how much space we gave up for them

• Wow
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Rogue Proxy, MindFrog and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
The saddest thing is that nobody even cares to clean it up and just drives past it. Instead, there's just a dead body on the road, on full display.
i dont think just anyone is suppose to clean it up, im not 100% sure but it would be a health hazard. you dont exactly know how long its been there.
but yeah, youre suppose to call the "forest ranger" people to take care of it.

our roadkill use to go to the zoo, so at least the poor animals death wasnt completely in vain. im not sure whats happening to them now that the zoo is gone though.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
i dont think just anyone is suppose to clean it up, im not 100% sure but it would be a health hazard. you dont exactly know how long its been there.
but yeah, youre suppose to call the "forest ranger" people to take care of it.

our roadkill use to go to the zoo, so at least the poor animals death wasnt completely in vain. im not sure whats happening to them now that the zoo is gone though.
The other thing I hate is that you've just murdered an animal but I guess that animal lives are seen as worthless and disposable in the minds of humans

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
The other thing I hate is that you've just murdered an animal but I guess that animal lives are seen as worthless and dispensable/disposable in the minds of humans
not always, i bawled whenever it happened. actually ended up with cptsd i got into so many in a short period of time ("thankfully"(?) only 1 passed away... it just had to be my first accident too). couldnt go over 40km/h without white knuckling (and im not even the driver).

also not to be nitpicky but unless you chased the animal down with your car/purposefully sped up, its involuntary manslaughter

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and sserafim
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
I wish everywhere was walkable i would totally walk if i coulddd. I hate that everything is reliant on cars, also like u said theyre so spendy. I want big badass wings so i can fly anywhere auuu

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I love cars. I love just driving as fast as I can on an empty mountain road just sitting on the edge of death. It's been one of the few ways I can escape reality.

However I do agree with others that it sucks being so car dependent. I wish it was only a hobby of mine and not forced to be part of my everyday life. I've lived in many places in the US and everywhere was strictly car dependent.

• Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom and LoiteringClouds
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Trains for the win.

Cars shouldn't be a necessity for every household, not to mention those deathtrap suvs being pushed in the market.

In the end its all about making you spend spend spend. Another bad effect of capitalism.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, sserafim and 4am
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I hate other people's cars due to causing traffic and making parking difficult but when there's no traffic or having to find a good parking spot, driving honestly feels great. I get to blast my shitty music playlists and just focus on the road. It's truly one of the few things I enjoy about being an adult. It does suck when something is too far to walk but too close to drive but sometimes even a small drive is enough to feel good because I get to go wherever I want whenever I want unlike with a bus or train where I'd have to sit next to other people or bicycling where I'm basically forced to sweat and suffer in the heat.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
What does it take away really? You don't have to go or have relationships with people who are far away. Isn't it awesome that you have the possibility for that tho? The world opened up for everyone. You don't have to have a car. Why hate it so passionately?

Reactions: Downdraft
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
I live in a european city with very good public transport, so I can get by without ever owning a drivers license. I think beyond car usage, the entire scape of urban planning is vile in the modern U.S., UK, Australia, etc. . I've seen pictures of Dresden after the second world war and even that doesn't look as wartorn and empty as downtown Houston. People here get upset about the strict regulations surrounding historical buildings, but in the U.S. tearing down some ancient monument is entirely okay, if you build a highway over it. Fuck, they tore down an ancient tree in Australia, that was important to indigenous people, for a road. Zoning laws also negatively affect all this. In the U.S. you need a car to go grocery shooping, whereas in Japan they have an elegant system, that is much more laissez-faire and allows people to not require a car.
It's comical, that people made up theories about how public transport and better zoning are some NWO-conspiracy to lock us in. If I was a dictator in the U.S., I would simply close highways out of major cities and would be done. I mean, fuck, to properly move around you need a government-issued license, whereas here you can just hop on the metro. In order to increase the freedom of humans, it's necessary to allow them more and better and more accessible ways to move around. Cars will always be necessary and I don't have a problem with their mere existence or people keeping them, but there ought to be ways for people to avoid their usage, if they don't want to use them. I don't know, I have a lot of strong opinions on things like these, far too many for me to summarize them somehow.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and MindFrog