MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I myself have been diagnosed with and apparently suffer/ed psychotic symptoms with my depression and OCD. I still can't shake the feeling that my "delusions and hallucinations" about myself are actually legit, and still might be true...because they weren't anything far fetched or unbelievable. In fact the only people to directly dispute them were my family and paid professionals, both likely to lie to prevent my mental health deteriorating further. Everything else is pretty major evidence in support of them, especially the way people distance themselves from me/don't want anything to do with me, but then that could be my mental state itself when I haven't been able to hide it.

• Hugs
Reactions: UpsidedownStar
UpsidedownStar

UpsidedownStar

Mar 29, 2020
I do. But nobody will give me a direct diagnosis. Could be schizophrenia, could be depression with psychotic features, could be anything. But I've had some far-out-there beliefs that I won't delve into, other than the concept that I will get a second chance at life after I CTB, ironically. Therapy doesn't help much, my new antipsychotic (3mg Invega) work better than my old antipsychotic (15mg Abilify) are doing alright at keeping the major psychotic thoughts down, but it's actually probably made my ideation and desire to CTB even stronger.

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBlue
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
Yes.
I have to be on antipsychotics to function otherwise I just can't.
The hallucinations take over if I don't take them.

• Love
Reactions: Bzrluvtriangle
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Yes, I have had delusions and paranoia. I take 3mg of Rexulti. Right now I don't believe the delusions anymore and am not paranoid. So that's good. It's nice to be able to trust people again.

F

FadingAway

Jun 22, 2020
Yes it wrecked my life and took everything from me

Reactions: overandout
S

Slow85

Feb 29, 2020
Yes , I have schizoaffective disorder. Delusional thinking is hard because it really can seem to
Real so you have my sympathies there x

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I still can't shake the feeling that my "delusions and hallucinations" about myself are actually legit
Would you mind sharing what those are?
Or maybe you'd rather not share them on here, which is fine too

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
I have bipolar disorder and am prone to paranoid psychotic episodes. It can be debilitating when it happens and it can last from a few weeks to a month or more because I usually can't get myself to my psychiatrist for meds. The worst part is rationally knowing that what I'm feeling, seeing, hearing isn't real but not being able to stop it and react to it because it feels so real that it must be real. I can't explain it.