SuicideM4n

SuicideM4n

Aug 9, 2021
I spent hours playing it when I was younger, but due to anhedonia I lost all desire to play. I started Final Fantasy 10 in late 2019 and haven't finished it until today.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, TheSoulless, death137 and 7 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I used to game a lot when I was younger. It was my main hobby and I could spend a whole day gaming. I've gone through almost every genre and gotten completely burned out and sick of everything. I went the last few years without playing anything, until recently when I acquired a VR headset. I thought I wouldn't be that interested, but it is actually very engaging and stimulating and a much difference experience from regular gaming. My favorite game currently is Beat Saber. My play sessions are still only like 10-30 minutes at a time though.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and Deleted member 8975
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Yes, I sort of have. I still play them sometimes because it beats anything else, but I do not enjoy it like I used to. Several years ago, I would sometimes play 12-16 hours a day and love it. No longer.
From what I have read from others online, oftentimes enjoying video games only lasts so long. Some people can enjoy them for longer, but eventually the spark goes out.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Deleted member 8975 and DunnoWhyButYeah
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not have the interest or the motivation. At this point, I do not enjoy anything, I am just passing time until I fall asleep. I am sick of pretty much everything.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: No Entertainment, demuic, TheSoulless and 3 others
Sanva

Sanva

:/
Dec 10, 2021
i get super excited to play some games but often times i'll open them and then realize i have no actual motivation to play them

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Frog, justsayin and 1 other person
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i have periods where i can get really into playing a game or just doing whatever and then all of a sudden the interest just disappears. sometimes it'll come back, but not always.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, TheSoulless and Deleted member 8975
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I often finish a game quickly because I can't wait to buy another one, I can no longer enjoy them as I did a few years ago.
the fault is also of the times that have changed: when I had the old Playstation 1, my father bought me only one game every 6 months, now with the XBOX Series S I have a huge digital catalog available, games lose value when you can have them all immediately.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
I

inanimate

Feb 9, 2022
yea, I pick a game up a few times a year now and rarely get any enjoyment from it, like everything else. don't have much energy either. it sucks, just a reminder of how broken i am.
but it's also not lost on me that people get older and just lose interest in video games sometimes ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, whatevs and justsayin
Frog

Frog

Jan 4, 2022
No, but I feel intense guilt when playing them. It's also hard to find any pleasure in anything. I really want to finish Disco Elysium and Control, but when I start I get all guilty and paranoid or just end up staring at the screen.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
D

Deleted member 8975

Literally the only thing my body wants now is to find a mate. That's it. I can't enjoy games. Movies. Books. Going outside. My body goes into full blown anxiety mod if do anything productive at all. It just wants sexual relief and doesn't accept masturbation as an outlet. If I tried to read word or do literally anything my vision goes blurry. I can eat and do exercise. Physical exertion. I am fucked. Except without the fucking so I'm super fucked.

I MISS POKEMON ;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut, TheSoulless and NumbItAll
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Yeah, the last game that I finished was Slay the Spire en 2021. Trying to get into anything else is a very, very depressing experience, whereby you are reminded of why you stopped trying in the first place.

Right now I sort of became a game programmer if you will, I will release a choose-your-own story mobile game in less than a year. So at least I enjoy coding games a little bit, playing them is another story.

I just feel like acquiring the skills and knowledge many games require is impractical when you have low energy, and derive little pleasure from them. For me, going to an exam or solving a problem in a program is exactly the same than playing a game, but with that I actually can think of getting paid for it or crafting stuff that affects the real world (or my own game).

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Anxieyote, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, TheSoulless and 1 other person
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
No, at this point it's the only thing I can say I enjoy doing (except jerking off). I know it's not going to last forever though.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I feel full-body sick with terrible headaches and brainfog if I stare at a screen for more than a few hours. With videogames it's more like one hour for whatever reason. And over the years they do start to feel less escapist and more formulaic.

Reactions: Passersby
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yes I haven't played any games in 3 weeks now. I finished the last really good one I had, then tried a handful of others but none of them came close to the one I liked. So I abandoned them for now. It's also physically and mentally hard for me to even play sometimes. Too much shit going on. Hard to even get on this website sometimes too. Fuck Everything! Time is running out.

Reactions: demuic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I have a gaming laptop, so I do like to play games every so often. It's not as fun as it used to be when I was a kid but I still enjoy gaming to distract me from reality. Escapism helps me, sometimes.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
A little. I'm gonna play Mario 64 for the first time but my emu setup is so fucking cheap it feels pointless.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I spent hours playing it when I was younger, but due to anhedonia I lost all desire to play. I started Final Fantasy 10 in late 2019 and haven't finished it until today.

Sure, playing video games was fun for me too when I was young, but not any longer. I have even been following the various showcase streams that have been held in place of E3, during the last few years, but I always wait for them to end - it's strange, but it's like I'm not myself any longer.

However, someone said something smart once regarding getting tired of video games, that video game developers don't make games for me - meaning my generation of gamers - but, rather, for the upcoming generation, so we can't really blame the game developers for not being inventive enough, since we were probably never meant to keep playing video games all of our lives. We could take the "Call of Duty" franchise as an example - the first couple of those games were fun, but then they got stale, boring and repetitive, but that's really just me talking after having played too many games.

Reactions: Passersby and Anxieyote