Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
It seems eventually people learn I'll snap pretty quickly and take advantage of that. Want me fired? Keep fucking with me. I find it everywhere with any group of people eventually. Then play dumb...

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Captive of Mind, disabledandhopeless and 6 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I used to when I was with the ex wife. She once went to a work party and was supposed to be home at midnight, midnight came and went, it was snowing like crazy outside, I was worried she was dead in a ditch somewhere. I tried rining her on her personal and work phone, both off, both had supposedly run out of battery.

She finally turned up at almost 5am. I hadn't slept a wink.

Where have you been?

Ooooh how dare you! You don't trust me, you have trust issues, you have low self esteem, you don't care about me, you don't love me, etc.

Amazingly I'm sat there thinking how awful I'm being to her - then I suddenly thought - hang on, what the flip am I thinking, I've been laying here worried sick for nearly 5 hours, don't know where she's been, I'm only asking because she disappeared - and I'm the unreasonable one.

Yeah, it sucks. She used to mess with my head loads, say something then deny she'd ever said it, etc. She even tried it when she'd written stuff in texts.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: blue_muse, Captive of Mind, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 4 others
L

lago

Oct 26, 2020
I do; my wife is similar to Endeavour's ex.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, Ghost2211 and Endeavour
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I do; my wife is similar to Endeavour's ex.
Some of the stuff mine did - and also one of the gaslighter or cheats favourite tactics is to accuse you of what they're doing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Captive of Mind and Ghost2211
BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
Yep. Especially from my parents. That's one of the reasons why I generally try to isolate myself even in public and just try to not exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Escape Artist, 262653, Captive of Mind and 1 other person
L

lago

Oct 26, 2020
Some of the stuff mine did - and also one of the gaslighter or cheats favourite tactics is to accuse you of what they're doing.
I won't claim my wife cheats (she hates sex) - but the accusations thing (projection) is spot-on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Endeavour, Captive of Mind and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I used to when I was with the ex wife. She once went to a work party and was supposed to be home at midnight, midnight came and went, it was snowing like crazy outside, I was worried she was dead in a ditch somewhere. I tried rining her on her personal and work phone, both off, both had supposedly run out of battery.

She finally turned up at almost 5am. I hadn't slept a wink.

Where have you been?

Ooooh how dare you! You don't trust me, you have trust issues, you have low self esteem, you don't care about me, you don't love me, etc.

Amazingly I'm sat there thinking how awful I'm being to her - then I suddenly thought - hang on, what the flip am I thinking, I've been laying here worried sick for nearly 5 hours, don't know where she's been, I'm only asking because she disappeared - and I'm the unreasonable one.

Yeah, it sucks. She used to mess with my head loads, say something then deny she'd ever said it, etc. She even tried it when she'd written stuff in texts.
Damn know the feeling all too well. Wife did the same shit and if I cared for her or wondered why, she says I'm too controlling, and that I dont love her and that she needs space. Then continues that for 3 days straight until I'm broken and ready to cave my head in with a hammer.

• Hugs
Reactions: L951788, Endeavour, Captive of Mind and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
My ex did constantly, and still will if we argue. I've learned to tell him "My feelings and perception of reality are valid, and you don't get to manipulate me anymore."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Blue LIPS, Endeavour, Captive of Mind and 2 others
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
It seems eventually people learn I'll snap pretty quickly and take advantage of that. Want me fired? Keep fucking with me. I find it everywhere with any group of people eventually. Then play dumb...
Ohh yeah, you aren't imagining things. I find that most people are this way. Once they know how to push your buttons, they will do it more and more until you react. Then they could act all innocent and make you feel crazy. It could be for their entertainment or maybe they are in a bad mood and want to take it out on someone.

Just look at the ways other primates treat each other. There is an evolutionary biologist who studied baboons for over 30 years and he put it this way:

"If you're a baboon, you spend about 3 hours a day getting your calories, so this means you have about 9 hours a day to devote to making somebody else just miserable. They're not being stressed by lions chasing them all the time, they're being stressed by each other. They're being stressed by social and psychological tumult invented by their own species. They're a perfect model for westernized stress related diseases."

Here's the clip from the National Geographic special I got this from:
Stress, Portrait of a Killer - Robert Sapolsky (National Geographic Special) - YouTube

Reactions: kitch, L951788, 262653 and 2 others
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
If he faces the possible truth, maybe he can kick her out of his life and get a woman who would make him happier.
Of course, if you think she is only capable of gaslighting him and not capable of lying. Good for you.

Reactions: 262653 and Symbiote
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
If he faces the possible truth, maybe he can kick her out of his life and get a woman who would make him happier.
Why not say that instead of bluntly pointing out something that probably hurts him?

Reactions: L951788
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
Maybe I got not social skills from my parents and I have suffered years of abuse and is the reason I am here.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Captive of Mind
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Maybe she hates sex with you.
Mine hated sex apart from occasionally, but I'm sure she had at least 2 or 3 sexual affairs - so it was just with me, I don't think it's rude to point out that possibility, it's probably closer to reality.

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
Maybe she was broken and could not enjoy sex, but had to try to make sure. just an option.
Figuring out peoples reasons is sometimes very difficult.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yeah, definitely.. Everytime I point out that they're wrong about something, it always turn into a full blown fight.

Didn't close the coffee lid? = Calls me out on a bad thing I did.

Throw their mask anywhere but the trash? = It doesnt matter, cause I'm jobless and I shouldnt complain

Didn't turn off the gas stove?= I'm ruining this family.

It's tiring to argue, I'm always wrong about everything. And they wonder why I dont feel confident about myself.

Reactions: lago
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
My ex might of done that, but I'm extremely unsure of that.
I have BPD, so very sensitive anyway, but I'm pretty sure he did gaslight me a lot.
My Mum doesn't do it, my step Dad does, but quite mildly compared to most examples I've seen.
He also always interrupts people too, which pisses me off.

Last edited:
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
My god this thread. All these problems. Why do people even do this? I'm planning to end myself pretty soon. This shit is just crazy. Or maybe it's just me because I've tried to live with an ethical foundation my whole life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 262653
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
My god this thread. All these problems. Why do people even do this? I'm planning to end myself pretty soon. I encourage any of you to do the same. This shit is just crazy. Or maybe it's just me because I've tried to live with an ethical foundation my whole life.
While I understand your sentiment, I would remove that fifth sentence if I were you, as it goes against the rules.

L

lago

Oct 26, 2020
That's rude and uncalled for. I'm sure the guy feels bad enough about the sex life of his marriage.
No, it's OK. She does hate me, and hates sex with me, but also clearly finds it disgusting in general. She's got numerous medical and mental problems and is very abusive. If she wasn't physically dependent on me, we'd both want to break up. As it stands, the only way I can break up is suicide, so I don't have to see the consequences.

blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Happens almost daily, usually when defending myself as the scapegoated one in the family by bringing up various family members' wrongdoings. Found that the best way to beat them at their own game is to disengage and repeat some of their behaviour back at them.