no 4mat

no 4mat

Oct 17, 2020
i do indeed fall in love too easily, I feel ashamed being this much estrogenic and weak as a male.. if a some person online whom I talk to for weeks ghost me i feel very depressed, and if this happen in real life i feel ×10 worse.

i hate how everyone is moving on while I'm still in the same barrel bottom loser spot..

do you get attached to people so easily too?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AtMostOkay, OpheliasFlowers, Silvermorning and 6 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
unfortunately yes. I crave connection more than anything else, which explains why I desperately seek it even when there is barely any affection involved between me and the other person.

Personally, the only way I could find to deal with it, since I am not changing anytime soon, was getting away from most people and detaching my feelings/self from those that remains in my daily life. You can't get too attached if you isolate, while it's also true that you won't be able to enjoying your relationships tho.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, OpheliasFlowers, Silvermorning and 4 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
i do indeed fall in love too easily, I feel ashamed being this much estrogenic and weak as a male.. if a some person online whom I talk to for weeks ghost me i feel very depressed, and if this happen in real life i feel ×10 worse.

i hate how everyone is moving on while I'm still in the same barrel bottom loser spot..

do you get attached to people so easily too?
Sorry to hear your feeling this way. It seems to be part of or a side effect of general loneliness. If you are naturally sensitive or really unhappy it can feel more acute.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, Silvermorning, Marchioness and 2 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Me.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Silvermorning, Marchioness and 2 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I get too attached as well. I don't necessarily fall in love, but I get overly attached to friends, to a ridiculous degree. My best friend didn't talk to me in about 3 years and I am still hurting over it. I've been used for favours, for money, even for sex by people that I was desperate to keep happy and close to me.
I'm sorry you're dealing with it, it's a tough spot to be in.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, AtMostOkay, OpheliasFlowers and 5 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I know I get attached way too easily so I had to set my standards very high. It's much lonelier but I'm just protecting myself from getting attached to someone I wouldn't fully be interested in in the long run.

Unfortunately I'm still attached to someone who basically met all my standards...

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, OpheliasFlowers, Celerity and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
As someone with BPD I get attached very easily and have an intense fear of that person also abandoning me. It's better now I'm on meds and I try and keep people at arms length as I know what usually happens. It's hard, forming relationships should be normal and healthy but it's tiring and hurtful for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, OpheliasFlowers, Silvermorning and 2 others
franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
Yes, i completely get you, i get attached way too easily to ppl in general, and it has happened to me having a nice convo with someone here n then seeing that person around n if they don't say hi for a few days i feel extremely down about it. I know it's silly, but i do have attachment issues in general, it shifts tho. Right now i feel way more supported by ppl in this site so i'm getting this issue with ppl from here instead of real ppl, cause i don't talk to them as much, specially after my ex broke up with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, Marchioness and no 4mat
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
fuck yes, if someone shows kindness to me or is treating me like an actual person and not a disgusting monster I can't help myself but get attached to them. Unfortunately this causes a lot of suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, AtMostOkay, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Used to. But nowadays I feel pretty damn damaged and therefore it's extremely difficult to let people in too far. However, I still can comfort and help others that need it. Pretty sure I was born that way.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello, AtMostOkay, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
No, my problem is that I can't attach to people at all. I just can't trust them enough to let them it.

D

deeeeejay

Nov 1, 2021
I'm someone that really struggles to connect at first, but once I've made the connection, I really really struggle with being overly attached. My judgement becomes clouded and I'd do anything to keep that person's favour. Any sign of rejection or of them not returning my effort upsets me intensely. For me, it could be an Autism trait.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No. I cannot stand people personally. Being overly trusting is not a good thing. I also do not see it as a good thing easily getting attached to people. People can be cruel, and can let us down and are capable of causing us pain.

Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl and Scribble Fan
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes. At one point in time. Then after being abandoned I learned not to become so easily attached to others, because it is pointless to stay for those who will not stay for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: avoid_slow_death and stygal
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Yes. At one point in time. Then after being abandoned I learned not to become so easily attached to others, because it is pointless to stay for those who will not stay for you.
Plus, they will inevitably leave you when someone better comes along. Happens every. Single. Time.

Simply put, Don't trust ANYONE. They will always throw you away sooner or later.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist and TheHatedOne
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
When this happens to me, I figure it is because of lacking a basic structure of a family, community and friends who I can see regularly. It's an awful thing to go through, as rejections in this state feel insanely painful. Giving up and accepting an eternity of isolation isn't too crash hot either. :D