M

MirrorBreaker

Feb 24, 2022
Due to a previous ill-advised unsuccessful attempt I find myself living with my parents. As a result many methods that other people find convenient are not easy for me. They barely ever leave me alone at home long enough for me to try anything. Any suggestions as to how I can get them out of the house long enough to use SN or something similar? (It's early days yet, I haven't decided on a method so far. Was considering jumping earlier but find it almost impossible to do)

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
My advice would me to slowly work towards it. Start taking walks or going running or biking or something, or maybe start going to the Library, or any activity on a regular basis. This normalizes you leaving. When I lived with my parents I would go for a lot of night walks. Night walks or walks in remote/wilderness areas are great. It gets you space from your parents, also you could probably find some isolated place where you could be undisturbed for long enough to CTB.

Another thing you could look into was relatives. When I first moved away from my parents, I spend a bit of time living with my grandmother, and then a while (half a year) living with my sister. If your parents aren't okay with you living alone, maybe they are okay with you living with someone they know and trust (family or someone similar).

Also on the topic of not really having access to many methods, I assume the issue is receiving packages? Could you do something like a PO Box? Or ship something to a friend maybe?

This outcome really scares me and it's one of the main reasons I don't want to kill myself, I really don't want to be around my dad again. :/

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Wait until you can move out.

Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Many people I know yes, even bring their wives and children cause suddenly their lost their jobs or life just became to expensive for them. Hosing in Europe is becoming insane. Crazy landlords, no laws, its sad. But at least they have a home.

M

MirrorBreaker

Feb 24, 2022
Also on the topic of not really having access to many methods, I assume the issue is receiving packages? Could you do something like a PO Box? Or ship something to a friend maybe?

I'm not really sure I have any friend I would trust to receive packages of this nature. Also I don't think that PO boxes are a viable option in my country due to their unreliability over here. But thank you anyway.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
I'm not really sure I have any friend I would trust to receive packages of this nature. Also I don't think that PO boxes are a viable option in my country due to their unreliability over here. But thank you anyway.
Yeah, there may be a way to do it, but if you like to keep your country private, there is not much one can do to help.
I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: MirrorBreaker
F

Forever Dead

Student
Mar 5, 2022
Many people I know yes, even bring their wives and children cause suddenly their lost their jobs or life just became to expensive for them. Hosing in Europe is becoming insane. Crazy landlords, no laws, its sad. But at least they have a home.
I am living with my Dad who is dying from stage 4 lung cancer. When He dies, which wont be long now, I will be homeless because my local council does not allow the tenancy to be passed down to a family member more than once. My dad succeeded the tenancy from my Mum when she died so therefore I cannot carry on living in the house when he dies. Also the waiting list for social housing in the UK is insane. I have been told by my council that I am looking at a 2 year wait because the waiting list is huge. Also I cannot possibly afford a flat from a private landlord because the rents are plainly extortionate. Also factor in that there are soon to be mass evictions in the UK because the protection against eviction because of the covid thing ran out late last year. Also there is now the Ukraine thing and lots of the Ukranian refugees are coming over here - not that I have anything against these people - and will need to be housed. Please stop this crazy world I want to get off.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I am living with my Dad who is dying from stage 4 lung cancer. When He dies, which wont be long now, I will be homeless because my local council does not allow the tenancy to be passed down to a family member more than once. My dad succeeded the tenancy from my Mum when she died so therefore I cannot carry on living in the house when he dies. Also the waiting list for social housing in the UK is insane. I have been told by my council that I am looking at a 2 year wait because the waiting list is huge. Also I cannot possibly afford a flat from a private landlord because the rents are plainly extortionate. Also factor in that there are soon to be mass evictions in the UK because the protection against eviction because of the covid thing ran out late last year. Also there is now the Ukraine thing and lots of the Ukranian refugees are coming over here - not that I have anything against these people - and will need to be housed. Please stop this crazy world I want to get off.
Oh I'm so sorry about your dad, let's hope he lives a long pain free life for the most he can carry on, because I carry about him. But also now there is you. I've lived in the uk, never in council housing, payed crazy amount of rent as you can imagine. The council housing there is a long list like you said, and correct ne if I am wrong , because i know someone who now leaves alone on a tiny flat that could barely move, but before after the list you must share a house with a few tenants, and then get to that term that she mentioned, self contained. , sounds like she is arrested. Pays 400 and something a month. I know my heart goes to all refugees my country also opened its doors to refugees and there's thousands of my people living in the streets who can't afford a house, no drug addicts, no alcoholics, people like us. Personally I think the ones who are in the streets dirst should be taken care of, country is always denying the homeless living. But when these situations arise, suddenly housing for hundreds. I just wish there was equality. That's what I'm trying to say. Do you get enough money to rent a room? Could be a cheap option?

Last edited:
BurnBurnBurn

BurnBurnBurn

She/her
Dec 24, 2021
I still live with my parents at 29 years of age (moved out briefly for university a couple years back but had to move back home afterwards). I'm thankful and fortunate enough to have a roof over my head but living with my parents means it's next to impossible for me to CTB. I've had 14 failed overdose attempts so far. Normally I'd try the SN method but unfortunately my parents check all my packages after I've ordered medication over the internet before so they understandably no longer trust me. So the SN method is pretty much out the window for me. I have other methods in mind but they ain't pretty.

F

Forever Dead

Student
Mar 5, 2022
Oh I'm so sorry about your dad, let's hope he lives a long pain free life for the most he can carry on, because I carry about him. But also now there is you. I've lived in the uk, never in council housing, payed crazy amount of rent as you can imagine. The council housing there is a long list like you said, and correct ne if I am wrong , because i know someone who now leaves alone on a tiny flat that could barely move, but before after the list you must share a house with a few tenants, and then get to that term that she mentioned, self contained. , sounds like she is arrested. Pays 400 and something a month. I know my heart goes to all refugees my country also opened its doors to refugees and there's thousands of my people living in the streets who can't afford a house, no drug addicts, no alcoholics, people like us. Personally I think the ones who are in the streets dirst should be taken care of, country is always denying the homeless living. But when these situations arise, suddenly housing for hundreds. I just wish there was equality. That's what I'm trying to say. Do you get enough money to rent a room? Could be a cheap option?
Thank you so much. I have nothing against the refugees, and yes I also find it strange that we are in the middle of a housing crisis and many are on the streets and homeless because there is a lack of affordable housing etc, yet preference is always given to people from other countries who are immediately re-housed and taken care of when they arrive here. MeanwhiIe, hundreds are dying on the streets because of the toll that rough sleeping takes on the mind and body. I have also come to the conclusion that renting a room is my only real option if I can find one cheap enough. But if the worst happens and I cant find anywhere suitable then I have a battered old van I can live in. Better than the streets I guess.

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Thank you so much. I have nothing against the refugees, and yes I also find it strange that we are in the middle of a housing crisis and many are on the streets and homeless because there is a lack of affordable housing etc, yet preference is always given to people from other countries who are immediately re-housed and taken care of when they arrive here. MeanwhiIe, hundreds are dying on the streets because of the toll that rough sleeping takes on the mind and body. I have also come to the conclusion that renting a room is my only real option if I can find one cheap enough. But if the worst happens and I cant find anywhere suitable then I have a battered old van I can live in. Better than the streets I guess.
Dunno which city in the uk you are but even if you are around London you can get a decent room for 350-400 max. That's how I started in Southampton when i spent a year in the uk long time ago. In the south housing is cheap. I had a one bedroom flat for 650 plus expenses. Stopped paid tv license immediately as I dont watch live tv. Got the odd call fro, them once in a while, and I was like, listen i only watch YouTube and Netflix. So you can come over anytime you want. You won't find any freebies box. Hope you get your space sweetie. Hope your dad get better somehow, I know how hard lung cancer is. I lost an auntie who won't even smoked to it.

A

ameliacecelia

Mar 11, 2022
Due to a previous ill-advised unsuccessful attempt I find myself living with my parents. As a result many methods that other people find convenient are not easy for me. They barely ever leave me alone at home long enough for me to try anything. Any suggestions as to how I can get them out of the house long enough to use SN or something similar? (It's early days yet, I haven't decided on a method so far. Was considering jumping earlier but find it almost impossible to do)
I had to move in with my mother because I'm too ill to take care of myself anymore. I plan on taking SN after she goes to sleep

• Hugs
Reactions: Hurt