Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
It's probably responsible for keeping me alive this long. When the word is replaced with "eternal sleep," the fear vanishes. Jumping off a bridge becomes jumping into bed.

Reactions: Circles
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Just because people created the word "death" does not mean it is scary. People tend to explain something that is beyond their understanding the way they can understand. Death does not exist in any forms, it is merely a definition. Just like when you see a beautiful rose, you see a flower, its color, shape and greenness around, but its properties do not change if you call it a rose.

Reactions: tryingtoescape, Bct, ERASED and 2 others
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
It's funny, I recently discussed my death wish with someone who is close to me and to whom I could disclose it. He was extremely shocked that people could even contemplate death at their own hand, even though he respected my wishes.

Ever since I have been on this forum and had a first attempt (unsuccessful as you can see) I have become very intimate to the concept of death. Everyone here more or less wanting to die has kind of shifted my norms and people talking and thinking about death has become next to normal for me. Must say I have no fear of death whatsoever as in I truly believe it's just lights out.

PS: love your profile picture, Plankton FTW

Reactions: Bct, ERASED, TakeYourHappyPills and 1 other person
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Just because people created the word "death" does not mean it is scary. People tend to explain something that is beyond their understanding the way they can understand. Death does not exist in any forms, it is merely a definition. Just like when you see a beautiful rose, you see a flower, its color, shape and greenness around, but its properties do not change if you call it a rose.
It is not just a word. It's a word with a lot attached to it such as fear, darkness, Hell, pain, images of decaying bodies, etc.
It's funny, I recently discussed my death wish with someone who is close to me and to whom I could disclose it. He was extremely shocked that people could even contemplate death at their own hand, even though he respected my wishes.

Ever since I have been on this forum and had a first attempt (unsuccessful as you can see) I have become very intimate to the concept of death. Everyone here more or less wanting to die has kind of shifted my norms and people talking and thinking about death has become next to normal for me. Must say I have no fear of death whatsoever as in I truly believe it's just lights out.

Yeah, this site normalizes death, which is why pro-lifers hate it. But death should be viewed as normal since it's as natural as everything else we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, Bct, ERASED and 2 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
The word death has no meaning to me, literally none, and therefore no impact.

For me, eternal sleep wouldn't help to ease my concerns about passing, as I don't think death is like sleep. From our perspectives, we only know of sleep when it preludes waking, and I don't ever expect to wake.

I enjoy the term exit. It sums up the reality of leaving something behind.

Also, before coming to this site, I'd never heard the term 'catch the bus' in my life. It feels wholly alien to me. I'd be much more at home with 'kick the bucket', though I think that's also just as daft a term. Regardless, I will choose to exit soon enough.

Reactions: faust and crybaby
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
The word death has no meaning to me, literally none, and therefore no impact.

For me, eternal sleep wouldn't help to ease my concerns about passing, as I don't think death is like sleep. From our perspectives, we only know of sleep when it preludes waking, and I don't ever expect to wake.

I enjoy the term exit. It sums up the reality of leaving something behind.

Also, before coming to this site, I'd never heard the term 'catch the bus' in my life. It feels wholly alien to me. I'd be much more at home with 'kick the bucket', though I think that's also just as daft a term. Regardless, I will choose to exit soon enough.
It's like sleep to anyone who sees your body.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It's like sleep to anyone who sees your body.

Wow - that's a very different perspective than mine. None of the dead bodies I've seen looked like they were asleep; they looked dead.

The words husband and wife sound heavy and constraining to me. Death just sounds a little windblown.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Wow - that's a very different perspective than mine. None of the dead bodies I've seen looked like they were asleep; they looked dead.

The words husband and wife sound heavy and constraining to me. Death just sounds a little windblown.
The bodies I've seen were in caskets. Asleep and at peace.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
The bodies I've seen were in caskets. Asleep and at peace.

Most of the dead bodies I've seen were in caskets too, and as I say they looked dead. But if it comforts you to think of them as peacefully asleep, far be it from me stop you.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
At first I did. Now I find life intimidating.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola and pthnrdnojvsc
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
@Close_to_freedom Everybody has their own attitude towards death. For pathologoanatomist this is just a normal picture they see every day. Death does not carry fear, darkness, hell, pain itself, that is a human-being who adds these properties to cessation of existence.. These are ages of brain-washing in different cultures and religions, that's why many people recognize death as something evil and scary. But life starts from pain too. Some women experience agonizing pain when giving birth. Many women die giving birth. However, manipulators did not want us to perceive birth as something barely bearable, they created an illusion that depending on our behavior we may or may not experience eternal suffering. They wanted to control us making us believe that if we don't do this, this and this, we will be punished by the almighty. And as long as we are all sinful, the meaning of death will carry a negative meaning. E.g. some cultures have positive attitude towards death and we cannot say they are wrong, because they believe in totally different things.

Reactions: Soul and Close_to_freedom
Mr.Mediocre

Mr.Mediocre

Jun 25, 2020
I find the word "death" to be rather comforting. After all, we are just a bunch of cells. When I think of myself as a purposeless organism, the product of science, subject to the laws of nature, I arrive at the very rational conclusion that the only reason I am currently alive is due to artificial reasons. Had I been born "me", thousands of years in the past I would've likely died of natural causes very swiftly. In-fact I would've died at birth had I not undergone emergency surgery.

The comfort comes from the reality that I do not have to dwell in this hell forever. Eventually the biological processes that I am will cease to function and I will no longer feel the pain this world weighs on me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Isittimetogonola, Bct and 3 others
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
We're taught to fear death from a young age, its a function that our primitive brains just can't fathom. The only way we've ever seen it is through loss, we lose something when someone dies. But at the same time it's a release, but since we look for meaning behind in chaos we attribute death to bad, or evil.
"After all, what kind of good would take a child from their mother?"
Except death is a universal force, far beyond "meaning." It is beautiful just as it is horrifying, just as clesr as it is mysterious. And frankly, i can't wait to see it.

Reactions: Bct and Close_to_freedom
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
What intimidates me is not the death itself, but the prolonging pain that may happen if somehow I got into an accident that doesn't outrightly kill myself. It's also scary to think someone will make an effort to "save" my life when I'm in a vegetative state due to that accident. I'm still alive yet in a worse condition to CTB.

• Aww..
Reactions: virginiawoolf86
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Probably the people not fearing it won't comment for obvious reasons... Everybody fears it but at some point your will may become stronger. I feel more than fear, sadness, it's so sad.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
They are dead already

Not necessarily. Some people simply have things to do and/or are in no rush. That doesn't mean we're afraid of death. Fear of an unsuccessful attempt is at least as common around here as fear of death.

Reactions: virginiawoolf86, ebt88 and Close_to_freedom
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

Apr 14, 2020
Probably the people not fearing it won't comment for obvious reasons... Everybody fears it but at some point your will may become stronger. I feel more than fear, sadness, it's so sad.

I must be truly fucked up because I don't fear it at all, doesn't even make me sad.

Reactions: ebt88
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
I meant if hoy are suicidal and not affraid ir death then you'll likely gone.

K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
At first I did. Now I find life intimidating.

Agreed. Too much suffering and uncertainty.

Like the quote says, I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens. That being said, it shouldn't be such a taboo to talk about. It's as much a part of life as life itself and we spend more time being dead than we ever would alive anyway.

Last edited:
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Sorry i didn't understand. If u want o die and not affraid, why still alive?

I'm not sure if being dead counts as spending time lol

FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

Apr 14, 2020
Well, I've got an exit, a clean way to CTB, standing by. Used it before, failed, improved my method, should be good now. My situation now is that the fact I can CTB at any time gives me peace of mind.

Now doing some stuff that I've been wanting to do for some time, if or when I feel the need to CTB that is always an option.

Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Yes, but "agony" frightens me way more.

Reactions: virginiawoolf86
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
Well, I've got an exit, a clean way to CTB, standing by. Used it before, failed, improved my method, should be good now. My situation now is that the fact I can CTB at any time gives me peace of mind.

Now doing some stuff that I've been wanting to do for some time, if or when I feel the need to CTB that is always an option.

What method is it if you don't mind my asking? Personally, if I had a reliable method on me right now, I either wouldn't be here or would be able to relax enough to carry on a bit longer.

Reactions: FreddieQuell
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

Apr 14, 2020
What method is it if you don't mind my asking? Personally, if I had a reliable method on me right now, I either wouldn't be here or would be able to relax enough to carry on a bit longer.

I posted earlier about it here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-reliability.32355/post-751058

TheRaul95

TheRaul95

Student
Apr 25, 2020
Yes, also sometimes thinking, why didnt do it already. Since feels like nothing changed...

E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Right so you want to keep living, that's perfectly fine

FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

Apr 14, 2020
Right so you want to keep living, that's perfectly fine

Don't think it's that binary, don't want to hijack this thread. If you've got any questions I'm happy to answer them by PM