D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
It's a terrible sinking feeling. It's more acute since entering my 30s. I feel that i'll always feel this way. I felt it often throughout my 20s. I don't see how it can change since I can't even work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, suffering, Dead Horse and 10 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Sure but I hope it stays that way. Last thing I want to do is to bump into anyone I know. It's a sad way to live I know and even sadder that there's less and less of those around. My fears are unwarranted, no one cares

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WOODESITY, purplesmoothie and 4 others
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I like to isolate myself from fools. I am ok with being and feeling alone. So it works for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: RedFoxSwims, suffering, WOODESITY and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I like to isolate myself from fools. I am ok with being and feeling alone. So it works for me.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Actually running errands or going to the store kind of distracts me from my loneliness.

Reactions: Shades of Grey, MartyByrde, Ghost2211 and 4 others
Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
Im 24 and the feeling for me is usually crowded loneliness (when you're surrounded by people but still feel like an outcast).

It's not always that bad, and it doesn't bother me that much. I just focus on what I need to get and the people kind of fade into the background.

Reactions: Belaya Noch, Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
I mostly feel anxiety, cant relax when im out , l feel observed , judged, on my limping leg and unkempt look, ragged clothes (I almost always look like a bum,), unless i'm "disguised" as a "normalI human being", whatever that is, but then i stress out feeling so fake just to fit in ,

Im like a walking house in ruins, you can paint on top of it, make it look presentable, but the pillars are rotten at the core and collapsing

I feel lonely when i see happy looking families , groups if friends, couples, they all feel like a different species to me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, woxihuanni, Ghost2211 and 3 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I actually kind of dread running into people I know when I'm shopping or whatever. I prefer to go alone, and I'm really not bothered by not having people around in general. That kind of loneliness isn't really something I struggle with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Deleted member 4993
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Im 24 and the feeling for me is usually crowded loneliness (when you're surrounded by people but still feel like an outcast).

It's not always that bad, and it doesn't bother me that much. I just focus on what I need to get and the people kind of fade into the background.
I also suffer with that too, I am not lonely being in my room on my own as I usually have the company of my dog and PlayStation 4 but when I am in the company of strangers or even people I know it can feel lonely but I spent all of my natural life alone with cat or dog it wouldn't bother me, I would feel relieved and glad, one less situation to "cope" with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Jellyfish42, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Yes. I used to have this really bad.

From the ages of twenty until about forty eight I always had either a GF or my wife (now ex) for this entire span of years for all but six months. I would go straight from one relationship to another.

At the age of 48, I started realizing that I was using my significant other as a security blanket to help me overcome social anxiety issues. My sister encouraged me to start learning about concepts associated with codependency.

Some of these principles aren't completely applicable but the general concept I could easily identify with. I attended meetings and read as much as I could.

Now, for the first time in my life I am happy with myself and I am comfortable being out in public without my security blanket most times.

Techniques I have used in the past and I would suggest you consider is putting in earbuds with music that get you in the mood to be happy and content to be out on your own going to the shops and whatnot.

Music is an extremely effective tool for enhancing moods. I recommend it to everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Ghost2211, Metalhead and 1 other person
okdoomer

okdoomer

Oct 2, 2020
Most of the time. That's why I hate going out, because I compare myself to other people too often. I also work at a supermarket and there's always an aching feeling of loneliness when I see cute, young couples doing their weekly grocery shopping or buying snacks for each other. It's like I'm an outsider looking in and it's melancholic. Though I can also relate to the feeling of blending in a big city, and reveling in the anonymity.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, purplesmoothie, Xocoyotziin and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
When I lived completely alone I would go to the store every day or two to feel less alone. It's annoying af to go to the store with kids.

lighthousekeeper

lighthousekeeper

Jun 29, 2020
I like running errands for the most part, sometimes noise & lights can overwhelm me but other than that I like having my headphones in & choosing between brown & red lentils for 30 minutes.

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I used to be sort of agoraphobic and going outside would be like slamming into a wall of depersonalization and derealization. It wasn't a lonely feeling but the feeling of being separated from reality was one of aloneness.
I feel alone at conventions and social gatherings though, like looking at all those people having fun and mingling, I think to myself that this is what I've denied myself by choosing to live the way I do, and there's little hope of turning back.

Haha my phone autocorrected sort into dirt and aloneness into lameness. You know me too well google.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hazelnut and woxihuanni
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
i work at a grocery store so its sort of always there.

Reactions: Meditation guide
TerminallyAlive

TerminallyAlive

Oct 7, 2020
Any time I'm around people, it only seems to emphasize how alone I am the rest of the time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hazelnut, Xocoyotziin and Meditation guide
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Sometimes because I'm only ever shopping for alone and for one while so many others are there shopping together in a 'couple' . Reminds me of loneliness. Especially my own.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I don't feel lonely, but more like an outcast, afraid that I'm annoying other shoppers, getting in their way, etc.

happyhappyfunny

happyhappyfunny

Sep 16, 2020
Yeah absolutely! I dont have troubles doing anything alone normally, since i rather enjoy being alone, but running errands dreads me for some reason. Especially at grocery stores. They just freak me out.

Reactions: Xocoyotziin
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah absolutely! I dont have troubles doing anything alone normally, since i rather enjoy being alone, but running errands dreads me for some reason. Especially at grocery stores. They just freak me out.
Grocery stores and places like target and especially walmart make me feel trapped and instill a sense of dread in me too. Like a primal fear of the machine that created these monstrous buildings and its intent to eat me alive, but super visceral and not at all abstract or conscious until I reflect on it later. Makes me want to run out into the woods lol but I can't buy my stuff there. Plus all the products lined up, repeating, just sitting there dead on the shelves gives me sensory overload that tilts me into dissociation.

I don't know if that's at all how they make you feel but they freak me out too, especially when I'm alone.

R

RedFoxSwims

Oct 8, 2020
I tried having friends and they all fucked me over so now I'm a recluse by choice. It's a better way to live no need to put up with someone else's life and bullshit. Sorry that you feel lonely. At least you have this place.