mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I've smoked pot on a few occasions with friends, like today, and I found that whenever the high kicks in, I feel this impending sense of doom, and feel way more suicidal than when I'm sober. I don't feel calm or relaxed, I feel depressed and heavy and the only thing I can do is try to calm myself down and let it pass.

I really had to pull myself together today; but I feel god damn awful right now, been trying to sleep for the past five hours, tossing and turning in bed.

Anyone else relate?

SquirtleKyun

SquirtleKyun

Constantly escaping to a better reality.
Apr 30, 2023
It depends on my environment for me. It tend to make any feelings I'm having in the moment much louder. So if I'm feeling down I avoid getting high, as it makes me really fall into a downward spiral. I've found listing to asmr (not for everybody Ii know) helps me lull into a nice headspace.

Reactions: mob and edu0z
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
One of my friends quit weed because she got extreme paranoia when she smoked. It's possible that it just affects people differently or the type (indica, sativa, hybrid) may have differing effects. I find I don't do well with sativa so I stick with indica or hybrid.

Reactions: mob
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
When I eat it. The gummies are ok, but brownies make me want to CTB big time.

pitchodile

pitchodile

Dec 7, 2023
I used to smoke everyday when I was in high school and would get relaxed and euphoric. I would get my weed from my uncle who grew it himself. Once I started getting weed from cheap dealers it started making me depressed and hopeless. I would look in a mirror and feel disgusted. I think it depends heavily on the quality and the mindset you have when going in. If your high are always shitty then it's going to be hard to shift to better ones

mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
It depends on my environment for me. It tend to make any feelings I'm having in the moment much louder. So if I'm feeling down I avoid getting high, as it makes me really fall into a downward spiral. I've found listing to asmr (not for everybody Ii know) helps me lull into a nice headspace.
I'll definitely have to try listening to asmr then. I've noticed that it also makes me feel my emotions way more intensely, and I assume that's not good when you're passively suicidal 24/7.

One of my friends quit weed because she got extreme paranoia when she smoked. It's possible that it just affects people differently or the type (indica, sativa, hybrid) may have differing effects. I find I don't do well with sativa so I stick with indica or hybrid.
Absolutely. My partner used to smoke a lot and it caused her a panic disorder. I also found myself feeling really paranoid.

I used to smoke everyday when I was in high school and would get relaxed and euphoric. I would get my weed from my uncle who grew it himself. Once I started getting weed from cheap dealers it started making me depressed and hopeless. I would look in a mirror and feel disgusted. I think it depends heavily on the quality and the mindset you have when going in. If your high are always shitty then it's going to be hard to shift to better ones

It 100% depends on the mindset for me as I was already feeling shitty before I smoked. I don't know whether the weed was cheap or not as I just smoked with a friend of mine, but I remember feeling as though I was melting into the floor and I just felt straight up shitty. I've only really felt high two times, and both times were bad for me. So I can't really relate to the "euphoria and relaxation" part.

A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
My high was quite the opposite of what you got, i tend to feel relaxed all over and in turn more productive. I think if it was legalized in my country, i would not mind being in the situation i am currently in.

WeedandCigars

WeedandCigars

Smoking Kills
Dec 6, 2023
Weed is the only thing that makes my suicidal thoughts subside. Weed is the only reason I'm still alive, I'd smoke it 24/7 if I could afford it. It's the only escape I get.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Green or brown weed ? What strain ?

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
yes and no. I tend to feel happier and think less about... anything really when high, but I also fall super prone to thought loops, where all I can do is hyperfocus on max 2 things at once.

it also helps uh, "open up" my brain a bit more for lack of a better word. so yeah, I'm more sociable and happier, but I also am more likely to remember repressed trauma. I was enjoying a rather nice glow one session recently until I decided to shower. I had about 4 or 5 different PTSD triggers build on another to make one big panic attack that made me want to go take the big nap, so there's that

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
when i'm high, i'm just sort of too zoned out to even think about suicide.

RandomMacBeth

RandomMacBeth

Nada mais importa!
Nov 8, 2023
I've smoked pot on a few occasions with friends, like today, and I found that whenever the high kicks in, I feel this impending sense of doom, and feel way more suicidal than when I'm sober. I don't feel calm or relaxed, I feel depressed and heavy and the only thing I can do is try to calm myself down and let it pass.

I really had to pull myself together today; but I feel god damn awful right now, been trying to sleep for the past five hours, tossing and turning in bed.

Anyone else relate?
smoking with someone always distracts me from bad thoughts, but if I smoke alone it's still the same shit

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
Green or brown weed ? What strain ?
Sorry for the late reply - it was my friend's weed and she didn't really know what exactly it was - just that it was most probably sativa and from slovenia, but I don't think that helps much lol

R

rileywatson

Oct 19, 2023
Set and setting are important, but to answer your question, no.