sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Anyone else feel like they're just entering their rebellious phase now? Personally, I was a "good" kid, I never rebelled when I was younger. I never drank, did drugs, or had s*x (even though I've still never done any of those). I think that I'm only experiencing the desire to rebel now, as well as rebelling in a different form. My rebellion is against work and capitalism by being a hiki, I refuse to participate in society and be just another slave to the system. My ultimate rebellion against the world will be to ctb when I'm still young.

Last edited:
Reactions: cold_severance, Homo erectus, barkbark and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, though I do always wish I could rebel against life in the ways that you describe. I wish I could be a hiki but the treatment I'd get from family due to how strict they are would honestly be worse than just participating in life. Though, neither my family nor capitalism can do anything to me if I'm dead. I do wish I could rebel by killing myself but I'm currently too weak for that. Maybe one day I'll be able to do it because I can't see myself ever being able to enjoy life

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wasn't a rebellious child or teen either but yes, when I began to live on my own, there were definitely things in my upbringing I rebelled against.

Mainly, the mess in which I live. My job is creative, so it's kind of difficult not to make a mess but it's pretty extreme. My family would be horrified if they saw how I lived and looked!

I think my attitude towards life is more rebellious than it used to be. Not to the extent that I could cope with being financially dependent on my parents. I'd get hell if that happened and, that seems worse. I guess I'm less worried though in a way. Partly because CTB is on the cards. It's nice to not have to worry about my lack of retirement fund. 😆

I'm better at being honest now too. I always used to get so much anxiety when people asked to meet up. Sometimes, I would make excuses but, I'd feel awful. Now, I'm just more honest. I just say- I'm not in the most optimistic state of mind. I'm too worried about work to be able to really enjoy stuff and since covid especially, I've gotten out of the habit of seeing people.

That's one nicer thing about being middle aged, you start to feel more confident in being selfish I suppose. Not a great trait of course but, an easier state of mind.

B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
Personally, I was a "good" kid, I never rebelled when I was younger. I never drank, did drugs, or had s*x (even though I've still never done any of those).
i'm very similar in that i have rarely drank, never did non-prescribed drugs, etc but i think i entered my rebellious phase when i started to realize and understand with hindsight just how fucked up my upbringing was. my parents pulled me out of school and homeschooled me yet didn't teach me shit, my dad used recording devices — no joke — and that ended up almost outing me as queer, i live in a hoarder home, more personal stuff, etc. So, yeah, when i went online and realized "wait that's neglect" and "that's a crime?" it starts to sink in and i understood why i felt so traumatized and began to feel like rebelling against my dad because that is not something you're supposed to accept!

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I had several rebellion stages lol. First as a teen and then when I was 21. Those days are behind me now... it's just not appealing to me anymore. But I enjoyed my early twenties.

C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
yes, pretty much. its cause i was kicked out of my familys house and now live alone without those shits. its ironic that i feel safer without anybody around, rather than with other people and so i can take more risks and do shit i was too paranoid about.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Not really, I live with a roommate in college so there's no parental figure to rebel at but I wish I could afford to rebel to society in such a way. I thought about it but I didn't have food/housing nor the means to CTB so I have to continue to be a tiny cog of society.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Nope I've been in that stage for decades. I was a holy terror as a kid and I still don't disappoint.

V

VampQueen

Student
Feb 6, 2024
Anyone else feel like they're just entering their rebellious phase now? Personally, I was a "good" kid, I never rebelled when I was younger. I never drank, did drugs, or had s*x (even though I've still never done any of those). I think that I'm only experiencing the desire to rebel now, as well as rebelling in a different form. My rebellion is against work and capitalism by being a hiki, I refuse to participate in society and be just another slave to the system. My ultimate rebellion against the world will be to ctb when I'm still young.
all my life I've been rebellious, I do think I'm getting more rebellious as life goes on. I'm not afraid to be myself and tell people to fuck off. Life is too precious to follow the silly rules of society and be a cog in the capitalistic machine.