boxtobs

boxtobs

unfortunate geometry (Toby)
Jan 23, 2023
I dunno. I've been told I have PTSD, major depressive disorder with recurrent episodes, an unspecified dissociative disorder, generalized anxiety, and borderline.
Quite the grab bag to be honest. I disagree with most of them, though some of the ptsd meds do help.

I've also been diagnosed with bipolar 2 before it was repealed, autism before my insurance fought it, some kind of mood disorder that I had for a year before someone else took my case and it all feels a touch arbitrarily assigned. Every new person has decided something else is my problem and lots of times they've decided it in spite what I've said my experiences are/based off of "impressions"/even if I don't meet the diagnostic criteria.

I don't really feel anything. Not happiness, not sadness. Not the consequences of my actions or guilt. No loneliness or emptiness. Nothing feels tangible.
I don't experience any "symptoms" or if I do my body does them without me. It'll cry, it'll be "lethargic", it'll hyperventilate. I don't feel any of it though, it's just kind of in my way and sudden. Sometimes it does it randomly too, though sometimes I assume I've stumbled into a trigger I can't remember.

Most of the time I would rather die simply because I don't see a point in doing things. I could get a millionth job. I could interact. I could get another hobby. I don't get why I would though. I'm not going to feel anything when I do. They're just busy work. They're abstract things we've assigned meaning to because people like them. I'm not sure I'm people anymore. I'd have the same experience sitting in a ripe dumpster as I would taking a cooking class or playing a video game. Everything feels equivalent. Can't remember a time when it wasn't. Though I can't remember much of anything though, to be fair.
I don't know. I've tried doing all the things I'm supposed to. Been on every SSRI, a handful of mood stabilizers, alpha blockers, some anti- psychotics, the works. I've talked to people, have friends, have partners, tried school, have jobs. I've been in therapy since I was 7. I exercise daily. I have a pet.
I'm still nothing. I don't get it. When I do all of those things they tell me I'm all better and I'm doing better, they make me go to less appointments, have fewer social workers bother me but. It's the same for me, it just looks better externally. What is this supposed to be like?
Why do people want to do this? Or like if you're fighting suicidality, why do you feel the need to fight? What're feelings supposed to be like? What's anything supposed to mean? I don't get it. How do you want things?

Nothing's wrong with me, y'know? I can do what they want me to. I just don't get why and it's a lot of rules and behaviors to practice, so I don't. It'd be far less hassle if I could stop entirely. I don't want to juggle all of these things for other people's comfort indefinitely because I should want to, even when I don't. But when I say that I get put in another hospital and told I'm "in crisis" and not thinking clearly.
Apologies for the long-windedness. Thank you for listening.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture, Forever Sleep, empty sighs and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It sounds like BPD emptiness to me. Are you sure you don't feel empty?? What you describe really fits it. It sucks

ClownW0rld

ClownW0rld

It’s all so tiresome
May 13, 2020
I know rationally there is nothing wrong and all my problems are largely self inflicted, but despite that, I can't imagine overcome my own brain. It's a weird situation to be in. Knowing the solution to your own problem and having the means to change, yet not being being able to do so. We really do not have free will as much as we like to think we do.

Reactions: d3c96524be95
Ra4v

Ra4v

Trying to live
Feb 10, 2023
Anhedonia is a bitch huh...

Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture and boxtobs
boxtobs

boxtobs

unfortunate geometry (Toby)
Jan 23, 2023
Are you sure you don't feel empty?? What you describe really fits it. It sucks
I mean I don't think I do, though it may be semantics. It's less of a feeling of absence and more of a bland indifference, I suppose. Emptiness to me seems like it would come with a desire or a drive or a hunger? Maybe pain, a sense of loss? I could certainly be wrong.
I'm sorry you can relate though (as much as I can be). What a terrible club we've found ourselves in lol

• Love
Reactions: jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I mean I don't think I do, though it may be semantics. It's less of a feeling of absence and more of a bland indifference, I suppose. Emptiness to me seems like it would come with a desire or a drive or a hunger? Maybe pain, a sense of loss? I could certainly be wrong.
I'm sorry you can relate though (as much as I can be). What a terrible club we've found ourselves in lol
Yeah sorry you're going through this!

• Love
Reactions: boxtobs
empty sighs

empty sighs

deserves to die “しがみつくな”
Feb 14, 2022
I understand. It all feels like a pointless BS rigamarole honestly. It's all just to comfort other other people, people who care about you living rather than your actual wellbeing. It's the faulty basis for psychology: whatever looks okay must be okay. Fuck them, fuck anyone who tells me I'm making over generalizations and that I have to shut up to because apparently their view of my mental state and the state of psychology is the majority. It doesn't matter if you feel like shit so matter as you just shut up and don't say anything about it to them. I'm sorry you've had those experiences with people who're supposed to help you, but who haven't helped much. I hope life can become moderately less sufferable for you in the future somehow.

WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
We have to be careful with psychiatrist.. they always want to put in boxes but each person is unique and has his own way of perceiving things.
I can relate to your feeling of dissocation, It is living like a ghost. Hope you will find some meaning in doing certain things one day!

T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
I can feel every word you've written in my mind. I'm going through this hollowness and bland emptiness too. Don't know if it'll get better. It's like living on autopilot. Survival mode, forever. What's the point if it's living for the sake of living? I've never been able to understand it.

Reactions: boxtobs and Hollowman