girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
This might sound a bit childish and selfish, but since i am a child of the new millenia i really hoped there would be no more wars, no more inequality, no more sorrow and no more violent and unjustified deaths. A few days ago I saw that P.ales.tines education department announced that the academic schoolyear is over since there are no more students left. that broke me because those are kids of my generation, future doctors, psychologists, engineers and other white and blue collar workers. i cant live in a world where innocent people (especially kids) die because some crazy rich power hungry people have a need war and destruction. and the fact that i live cozyly in a first world country and can go wherever i want and whenever i want makes me feel terrible. i cant buy myself nice clothes and a new phone without feeling guilt because i know those things are made by sweatshop workers and kids in africa that mine ores all day long just so i can have a stupid phone, they [kids] can have 5$ and the big corporations can have billions. i know im not on the right side of history and it makes me feel bad (yes, selfish i know).

I just think we as human are not that far away from animals, actually, we are worser than animals. we fight our own species over some land borders that exist only in our heads. we have enough food to feed everyone on this planet, yet we still throw away tonnes of food every year, meanwhile kids in africa (and elsewhere) starve because this way it brings a profit to select few people. it makes me sick and i dont want to live on a planet like this.
sorry for the rant im just really upset.

• Love
Reactions: tiger b and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Without childhood slavery in certain parts of the world there would be a shortage of electronics and cheap clothing.
I'm sometimes conscious of this if I need to buy something new, and it's sad to realise the suffering that makes the manufacture of these things possible.
If the greedy corporations would pay decent wages to these kids I wouldn't feel as bad about it, but I doubt they ever will.

Reactions: girlsboysthems and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
People in first world countries really have no clue about conditions in 'developing' countries. You won't until you go and experience it. You can read about it but it's not the same.

A child earning 5$ in a day is fanciful. And that child will have to give most to family anyway as a 'bread winner'.

Reactions: girlsboysthems and WAITING TO DIE