KenniferJames

KenniferJames

“life is like a stale sleeve of Ritz crackers”
Nov 12, 2023
I won't post my story and journey to being in this community (really a lurker until now) in a post like this, but for now I'll just say I'm a political scientist and diplomat-in-training. With the US election fifty days-or-so away, I really am just too piqued as a politics geek to CTB before I see how it plays out as well as the geopolitical stage throughout 2025… I mean, I feel like things will get BAD in a way that makes 2024 look like the good ol' 90s. I know (speaking only for myself) someone predisposed to being…here… might be a bit of a pessimist (lol), and I'm definitely oversaturated in international affairs and US politics, but come on! It's surreality made real.

Feel free to insert biblical comparisons or what have you; I'm not of a Judeo-Christian persuasion, but there are undeniably some such similarities to the world today to classical Abrahamic prophecies, IMO.

Reactions: MxTuesday
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
I have a friend at work who is extremely end-times Christian and is always bothering me to accept Jesus.... like daily bothering. No offense to anyone, but that is not my thing - I'm not religious and will never be. Meanwhile, my friend is preparing to meet Jesus because the world is supposedly ending.

People have been predicting the end of time since the beginning of time. Frankly, I don't worry about it.

Reactions: divinemistress36
M

MxTuesday

Is Tuesday an omen?
Sep 9, 2024
So much crazy shit in the world the perspective of just staying to watch and feeling unattached/able to exit feels like a whole kind of valid life choice