• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

doingitrighthistime

doingitrighthistime

May 15, 2024
Wouldn't it be better to make a new life than to end all possibilities completely?
I know if I keep going the way that I have been that I'll end up ending it. I'm thinking of just busting my ass working, saving up money, and then going somewhere new and fresh. Quite literally starting over completely and making a new life.
My concerns with that being making friends and connections. What if I get stranded somewhere? What if I need help? Making friends has never been my strong suit.

Anyone ever just packed up and left everything behind?

Reactions: glitteryaliens and fleetingnight
T

Traveller12724

Student
May 14, 2024
I did, right after college but you know that saying "wherever you go, there you are" it doesn't matter where you go if you don't fix whatever is broken inside of you or at least find a way to deal with it, it will come with you. That said if your current environment is not fostering growth and improvement in your life or is contributing to your misery, then maybe getting the hell out of there is not a bad idea. Once you get into the new town though, make sure to find social activities you can engage in to meet other people and maybe volunteer so you can make friends quickly and not feel all alone.

• Informative
Reactions: Hvergelmir and fleetingnight
AmberianDawn

AmberianDawn

Jun 9, 2024
Yes, I have thought about going backpacking or something like that, but if I go with a crisis, I will take the crisis with me. In any case, I prefer to try to see life in a different way. With a broken heart it is more difficult but I have already overcome so many things, one more stain on the tiger...

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Yes, I have thought about going backpacking or something like that, but if I go with a crisis, I will take the crisis with me. In any case, I prefer to try to see life in a different way. With a broken heart it is more difficult but I have already overcome so many things, one more stain on the tiger...
But during that time you would learn a lot about yourself. Some problems aren't that much of a problem anymore after being with yourself and learning after a while.

And yes, I did it.

• Love
Reactions: AmberianDawn
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Not just considering it. If I ever get enough money, I'll do my best to. Leave the country, change my name, go somewhere where nobody knows me, and try to keep it that way.

I don't want to be associated with past me. They're like a different person.

Reactions: glitteryaliens and Traveller12724