Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I feel satisfaction after completing a tv series, book series, video game even though these things mean nothing. Other hobbies/goals are too expensive or uninteresting. What a pointless existence stressing over such trivial things.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: endless_pain, CTB Dream, epic and 3 others
unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
I used to watch TV, play games, I find it all mundane now, lost the cope. I do understand you though, I barely get any happy chemicals when I eat a happy meal.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I used to, watch TV, play games, I find it all mundane now, lost the cope. I do understand you though, I barely get any happy chemicals when I eat a happy meal.
What do you do now? Sleep?

unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
What do you do with your time?
Honestly... I refresh and wait for you to ask another philosophical question I can try and answer.

In actuality I do nothing but doomscroll, eat and take a walk when the weather is decent to try and think less.

• Yay!
Reactions: Zegers
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Yeah. I think a lot of non-suicidal people also do that.

• Yay!
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I've been doing that for years, yt videos to watch later, podcasts to listen later, books to read later... now i only listen to music and not much else.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Deo volente and Doc
Doc

Doc

Apr 3, 2023
I've been doing that for years, yt videos to watch later, podcasts to listen later, books to read later... now i only listen to music and not much else.
I want to kms

Reactions: Ambivalent1
D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
Literally me!!! My bookmarks and saved videos can prolly last a lifetime by now lmaoooo....

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
Maybe this is what EVERYONE does. How are people not tired of it?
I think they are lol. I don't think suicidal ideation is as uncommon as it seems just 'cause it's a taboo topic to discuss publicly. Society is disintegrating as we speak lmaoooo.

I think a not insignificant subset of people are also insane too though. I used to work overnight at a hotel and the manager would sometimes come in during my shift from like 12am to 2am and 'catch up on youtube' and literally just watch his yt playlist in his office when he wasn't even on the clock. He was so crazy. I was shook. He caught me sleeping once cause I wasn't expecting him to just show up in middle of the night. Point is, I guess some people are actually insane enough to go through all the shit that catches their attention on these noxious sites. idk

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I think they are lol. I don't think suicidal ideation is as uncommon as it seems just 'cause it's a taboo topic to discuss publicly. Society is disintegrating as we speak lmaoooo.

I think a not insignificant subset of people are also insane too though. I used to work overnight at a hotel and the manager would sometimes come in during my shift from like 12am to 2am and 'catch up on youtube' and literally just watch his yt playlist in his office when he wasn't even on the clock. He was so crazy. I was shook. He caught me sleeping once cause I wasn't expecting him to just show up in middle of the night. Point is, I guess some people are actually insane enough to go through all the shit that catches their attention on these noxious sites. idk
Wow. I was wondering how can you tell if a person is malicious or just oblivious to others?

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Boredom is the first stepping stone to insanity, it feels like. Since my body is exhausted all the time and my mind is gone, I can't really do any of the things I used to enjoy like music, reading, etc, so I am always playing stupid games like genshin, mindlessly scrolling websites, or role-playing with AI to ease some of the loneliness. Whenever I am saving to roll for a character on genshin, it gives me a goal, albeit an utterly pathetic one, to strive for.

• Hugs
Reactions: mypersonalhell, Zegers, CTB Dream and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Since my body is exhausted all the time and my mind is gone, I can't really do any of the things I used to enjoy
Sometimes i find it difficult to concentrate even to post here or to send a simple mail, although better than a few years ago when could hardly go out because of anxiety, its all sucks

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I actually get sad when I complete a game or series- because it means I have to find something else to try and distract me.

Reactions: BrainShower, MemeticNeoplasm, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
Man, I sometimes have to remind myself how ridiculous it is that "organizing the files on my pc" or something similar is an important goal in my mind. For me it's less the fact that life is meaningless, because those stupid goals seem even more meaningless to me, and more that these tiny things are the only goals I have any hope to accomplish.

Reactions: BrainShower, Ambivalent1 and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Man, I sometimes have to remind myself how ridiculous it is that "organizing the files on my pc" or something similar is an important goal in my mind. For me it's less the fact that life is meaningless, because those stupid goals seem even more meaningless to me, and more that these tiny things are the only goals I have any hope to accomplish.
It's hard to motivate beyond earning money to live because nothing really matters.

Reactions: BrainShower
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
It's hard to motivate beyond earning money to live because nothing really matters.
Yes cause money gives you the freedom to distract yourself from this painful reality

Reactions: BrainShower
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yes cause money gives you the freedom to distract yourself from this painful reality
But that's what our meaningless goals are lol money allows for more expensive distractions

E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
But that's what our meaningless goals are lol money allows for more expensive distractions
I know, at least sounds something more than futile goals like the ones you listed and that I agree with. But I understand your point btw. It's a distraction anyway