JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
It's really odd,
So when my life collapsed in on itself back in October of last year, I bought all the ingredients for a helium suicide (but with cpap mask rather than bag)
I was given a kitten, a few people did the whole 'no look at your degree and your beauty etc' thing and I decided not to immediately use it.
I'd say it's hesitation but it's not...it's just not... my method anymore.
My friend theorises I just want 'an option' but I don't believe in it anymore. I don't believe if I hooked myself up to it right this second, I would die. Brain damage, definitely. But not death. So it has become a weird fixture in my room. I put a blanket over it, put it in the corner and it's now a morbid little fact for hook-ups or friends. 'You'll never guess what that's for?'
I spent around £150 on the set-up yet can't bring myself to use it.

A few months ago my friend put on the mask when I was in the bathroom as a kinda sick joke (he was very high) and I then leapt on my excuse for not using it - he'd broken it.
Never mind he's not got a huge head, and I checked the mask over and it's fine- he's broken it.

I then decided to actively seek out a suicide community, as I have been trying for 8 months and I'm not getting any younger and I see...nothing about helium. Nothing at all. Nada. When for a time it was 'the method'
What's changed? Is there new info out there? Is there a reason why my little death machine is giving me negative vibes?

Reactions: blickcity
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
There's plenty of info here about helium.

I long since abandoned it as a method for me, after buying multiple tanks. I don't feel I could ever go back to it.

JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
There's plenty of info here about helium.

I long since abandoned it as a method for me, after buying multiple tanks. I don't feel I could ever go back to it.

Thanks for your reply.
If you don't mind my asking, what is it that's 'put you off'?

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
If you don't mind my asking, what is it that's 'put you off'?

I put together a half assed setup, fully intending to go through with it.

But I got a feeling of shock in my solar plexus when I went to put my head in.

I need something where it feels like I'm practising, but that can lead to death in the process.

W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
It's really odd,
So when my life collapsed in on itself back in October of last year, I bought all the ingredients for a helium suicide (but with cpap mask rather than bag)
I was given a kitten, a few people did the whole 'no look at your degree and your beauty etc' thing and I decided not to immediately use it.
I'd say it's hesitation but it's not...it's just not... my method anymore.
My friend theorises I just want 'an option' but I don't believe in it anymore. I don't believe if I hooked myself up to it right this second, I would die. Brain damage, definitely. But not death. So it has become a weird fixture in my room. I put a blanket over it, put it in the corner and it's now a morbid little fact for hook-ups or friends. 'You'll never guess what that's for?'
I spent around £150 on the set-up yet can't bring myself to use it.

A few months ago my friend put on the mask when I was in the bathroom as a kinda sick joke (he was very high) and I then leapt on my excuse for not using it - he'd broken it.
Never mind he's not got a huge head, and I checked the mask over and it's fine- he's broken it.

I then decided to actively seek out a suicide community, as I have been trying for 8 months and I'm not getting any younger and I see...nothing about helium. Nothing at all. Nada. When for a time it was 'the method'
What's changed? Is there new info out there? Is there a reason why my little death machine is giving me negative vibes?
No, of the methods available to me that I have learned about in the last few weeks, inert gas is by far the most reliable, gentle and painless way. Most other methods I don't think I could do the technique correctly, or obtain the necessary drugs.

Why did you plan to use a CPAP mask? I feel much more confident with the exit bag that has been used successfully so much in the past.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis and SpottedPanda
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
No, of the methods available to me that I have learned about in the last few weeks, inert gas is by far the most reliable, gentle and painless way. Most other methods I don't think I could do the technique correctly, or obtain the necessary drugs.

Why did you plan to use a CPAP mask? I feel much more confident with the exit bag that has been used successfully so much in the past.

I don't trust myself to make the bag airtight.
I'm a bit of an idiot, quite honestly