• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Quantum Theory suggests that after we die we simply wake up into the present of another universe. It's pretty fascinating and makes sense. I believe. Any time we make a life altering decision, the universe splits into to. I'd like to believe that I'll wake up before my life was destroyed.

Reactions: Ruined my life, bag.of.cats and (deleted member)
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
I think multiverses are plausible, but not something like that. It'd just be another universe where things developed differently, not a different timeline every millisecond of every day of your life like Rick and Morty. Would your alternate selves just stay in limbo until you jumped to their timeline?

It hardly matters if it's real or not, though, since we could never prove it, and you'd never know (maybe you've already died several times and "jumped" to this one). I think that trying to explain the secrets of the universe as humans is like teaching algebra to an ant.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, Tomasnil, bag.of.cats and 3 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Yeah, it is very confusing. I don't think absolutely everything would split into separate timelines. Only major things like, say, which college you decided on, places you decided to move, gambling all your money away, relationships you got into...stuff like that. It is interesting to think about and comforting though, at least for me. I spend lots of time thinking about it. Maybe I have died many times before and then woke up here... You never know if it could eventually be proven one day though. We've come really far with our understanding of it over the years that points to it likely being true. Even recently with quantum entanglement: https://www.livescience.com/63067-quantum-entanglement-record-china.html Very exciting.

Reactions: Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

I prefer don't believing in it. I mean, dying and waking up again infinitely? What a nightmare!

Reactions: skitliv, Tomasnil, Nzbeelover and 3 others
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
My thing is, all of those events seem arbitrary. Who decides what constitutes a major event? Do you believe in a deity? I admittedly don't know too much about this, but I like to think I'm open-minded. I just think that whatever comes next is either nothing or beyond human comprehension.

Last edited:
Reactions: skitliv, thickwing, Dani Paradox and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I don't believe in it although its very interesting for fictional stories and stuff.

But it doesn't change anything. Life sucks anyway

Reactions: mattwitt, skitliv and Tiburcio
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
This is true. One of the many things that makes quantum theory so confusing, yet intriguing. Who decides? Hah. It's definitely plenty to get lost in thought about. I do believe in God, but not in the way most people do. I believe we're living in some sort of biological simulation designed by a higher intelligence. Aliens, if you will. Definitely beyond anything we can imagine. I never believed in astral projection until it began happening to me spontaneously. Apparently as a result of trauma. Really freaked me out the first time. Always happens when I'm either trying to fall asleep, or if I'm just lying down and very comfortable with my eyes closed. All of a sudden it's as if I can feel my body moving...swerving...whirling around...yet I'm not at all. And after continuously opening my eyes to make sure my body isn't about to go flying into the wall...it keeps happening when I close my eyes. Then finally after just relaxing and going with it...it's as if I get sucked into a long black tunnel, and I can literally hear the sound of wind blowing in my ears. Kind of like when you're driving fast in a car with the windows down. And then once I reach the end of the tunnel the imagery appears before me of the astral world. Soaring through the sky...there's buildings, highways, communities of people...it's literally another world...and you can move about and talk to people. It completely opened my eyes to something I never imagined and changed my entire outlook on life and death. Incredible. The last time I also soared through space and saw bubble universes and these two giant god-like creatures overlooking everything as if they were monitoring it. Blew my mind.

Reactions: mainframe1 and CRM
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I prefer don't believing in it. I mean, dying and waking up again infinitely? What a nightmare!
Yes, haha, I've thought this as well. Thing is though...you could be incredibly happy in another timeline! xD

C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
I agree that if there is a god, it's probably not any of the ones we worship on Earth. It'd probably be some transcendental being, free of emotion. I've heard the simulation theory before, as well as the hilarious concept that we're gods ourselves just playing a video game to challenge ourselves. I'll be pissed at myself if that's the case.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, Brokenanddeadinside, Justanotherconsumer and 2 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I agree that if there is a god, it's probably not any of the ones we worship on Earth. It'd probably be some transcendental being, free of emotion. I've heard the simulation theory before, as well as the hilarious concept that we're gods ourselves just playing a video game to challenge ourselves. I'll be pissed at myself if that's the case.
Lmao. I actually do believe in that. We are all one, so you and I are both God, because everything is connected. The leaf is the branch is the tree is the earth is the universe.

Reactions: CRM
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
This is true. One of the many things that makes quantum theory so confusing, yet intriguing. Who decides? Hah. It's definitely plenty to get lost in thought about. I do believe in God, but not in the way most people do. I believe we're living in some sort of biological simulation designed by a higher intelligence. Aliens, if you will. Definitely beyond anything we can imagine. I never believed in astral projection until it began happening to me spontaneously. Apparently as a result of trauma. Really freaked me out the first time. Always happens when I'm either trying to fall asleep, or if I'm just lying down and very comfortable with my eyes closed. All of a sudden it's as if I can feel my body moving...swerving...whirling around...yet I'm not at all. And after continuously opening my eyes to make sure my body isn't about to go flying into the wall...it keeps happening when I close my eyes. Then finally after just relaxing and going with it...it's as if I get sucked into a long black tunnel, and I can literally hear the sound of wind blowing in my ears. Kind of like when you're driving fast in a car with the windows down. And then once I reach the end of the tunnel the imagery appears before me of the astral world. Soaring through the sky...there's buildings, highways, communities of people...it's literally another world...and you can move about and talk to people. It completely opened my eyes to something I never imagined and changed my entire outlook on life and death. Incredible. The last time I also soared through space and saw bubble universes and these two giant god-like creatures overlooking everything as if they were monitoring it. Blew my mind.

Any interesting conversation with them?

Reactions: Dani Paradox
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Lmao. I actually do believe in that. We are all one, so you and I are both God, because everything is connected. The leaf is the branch is the tree is the earth is the universe.
That's pretty neat to think about, regardless of if it's true or not. Everyone is made of the same stuff, after all. Maybe we'll meet each other - err, ourselves... in god form one day.

Reactions: Dani Paradox
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Any interesting conversation with them?
Nothing out of the ordinary, really. There's things going on, and it's just every day talk. The most interesting thing someone said to me was that they weren't real. I had thought that the other people there were other dead people, or other people astral projecting. Which I suppose can sometimes be the case, if you research it. But most of it is a projection of your own consciousness. The last time I astral projected I tried very hard to get specifics out of people...like what their name was and where they were from...if they were also astral projecting, and what their phone number was. It doesn't really happen. I had someone write down a phone number, but when I looked at the paper the numbers were all distorted...like in a dream sometimes when you look at a digital clock. And I was trying to get information out of one guy who was playing mind games with me, and then he said something and I was like, "wait...you're NOT real??" and he just started laughing and said, "No." I also spoke to someone about how I was in space and saw all bubble universes and saw gods...and he was like "try not to pay too much attention to all that stuff...a lot of it is in your head." It's an amazing phenomenon.

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Nothing out of the ordinary, really. There's things going on, and it's just every day talk. The most interesting thing someone said to me was that they weren't real. I had thought that the other people there were other dead people, or other people astral projecting. Which I suppose can sometimes be the case, if you research it. But most of it is a projection of your own consciousness. The last time I astral projected I tried very hard to get specifics out of people...like what their name was and where they were from...if they were also astral projecting, and what their phone number was. It doesn't really happen. I had someone write down a phone number, but when I looked at the paper the numbers were all distorted...like in a dream sometimes when you look at a digital clock. And I was trying to get information out of one guy who was playing mind games with me, and then he said something and I was like, "wait...you're NOT real??" and he just started laughing and said, "No." I also spoke to someone about how I was in space and saw all bubble universes and saw gods...and he was like "try not to pay too much attention to all that stuff...a lot of it is in your head." It's an amazing phenomenon.

Interesting, could be were living in a dream. As i get older the dreams are less real, and i realize in the dream that its just a dream. Our reality could be a dream of a much richer life, that is the real reality. Death could just be the end of the dream.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Dani Paradox
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Interesting, could be were living in a dream. As i get older the dreams are less real, and i realize in the dream that its just a dream. Our reality could be a dream of a much richer life, that is the real reality. Death could just be the end of the dream.
A dream within a dream within a dream.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018 and Tiburcio
K

KCN

El revisionismo en castillano
Jul 16, 2018
Quantum Theory suggests that after we die we simply wake up into the present of another universe.

Here we go again with another thread where people twist and bend Physics concepts to their own benefit and liking.

Quantum theory wasn't born to imply this in the slightest. It's meant to describe the behavior of subatomic components of the universe, saying that it's meant to make everybody resurrect in 400 different parts of the universe is quite far-fetched and it isn't backed up by any actual legit scientific analysis or even hypotheses

Reactions: Tiburcio, skitliv and Asthenia
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Here we go again with another thread where people twist and bend Physics concepts to their own benefit and liking.

Quantum theory wasn't born to imply this in the slightest. It's meant to describe the behavior of subatomic components of the universe, saying that it's meant to make everybody resurrect in 400 different parts of the universe is quite far-fetched and it isn't backed up by any actual legit scientific analysis or even hypotheses
It is called the many worlds theory and is backed by many expert physicists. All of the theories are even partly based on Einstein's work. Ever hear of Schrodinger's cat? The double slit experiment? Quantum entanglement? You have no idea what you are talking about.

K

KCN

El revisionismo en castillano
Jul 16, 2018
All of the theories are even partly based on Einstein's work. Ever hear of Schrodinger's cat? The double slit experiment? Quantum entanglement? You have no idea what you are talking about.

I actually know about all of these things and they're experiments that are conducted in the sub-micrometric world and do not represent macro-world phenomena, neither can be used as a solid proof to back up 'reincarnations in thousands of other worlds' as you seemed to imply in your first post.

Reactions: Tiburcio, skitliv and Asthenia