soniaimi

soniaimi

Jan 11, 2024
I think my life has some happy moments and it's definitely not bad enough to kill myself, (yeah, i have social phobia, bipolar disorder, low self esteem and a body that i don't like [i'm trans] but all those issues are being fixed)

yet i find myself thinking about killing myself as the "next thing" i need to do, i don't want to get better

it's strange, my life is somewhat good, yet i want to kill myself, it leaves me puzzled and I'm posting this here because anywhere else people would call me crazy and put me into a mental ward (the last three times there were not fun)

anyone else also experiences this?

i think i thought about dying so much at this point when i was in my lowest that it just became a main thing for me even if my life is getting somewhat better.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiMif
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
I can understand your feelings I think. For me, it stems from the fact that living is meaningless. You die and everything you ever did loses any meaning. Everything in life is just distraction after distraction.

SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
Do you take any antidepressants? I was on 1 of them for a few years, then quit a few weeks ago. I felt a bit more suicidal for a few days, but eventually everything came back together. Now I actually feel alot better than I have in years. Physically and mentally. I am still ready to sign out when the time comes someday

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I think my life has some happy moments and it's definitely not bad enough to kill myself, (yeah, i have social phobia, bipolar disorder, low self esteem and a body that i don't like [i'm trans] but all those issues are being fixed)

yet i find myself thinking about killing myself as the "next thing" i need to do, i don't want to get better

it's strange, my life is somewhat good, yet i want to kill myself, it leaves me puzzled and I'm posting this here because anywhere else people would call me crazy and put me into a mental ward (the last three times there were not fun)

i think i thought about dying so much at this point when i was in my lowest that it just became a main thing for me even if my life is getting somewhat better.
No, for me it is a last resort after going through everything systemically to see if I can get help. So far, pretty much everything is just how big of piece of shit I am and I shouldn't get it. You here all kinds of things say it takes strength to ask for help. I disagree, far as I am concerned I am not somebody who people want to help.... Rapists, murderers, etc... All are treated better then me...

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024

I totally understand your feelings. My life, in general, is pretty good and doesn't push me over the edge.

In fact, if you ask me why I want to hang myself; I can't really answer that - other than it resonates. If you ask me if I want to, the answer becomes a simple yes, But I can't explain it other than it seems to be part of the future.

Its true life is not a factor for me - and nothing seems to go bad at the moment.

Yet every time I go through this period, it's always two steps forward and one step back. It's been like that for a long time. But of course, that means you end up with a lot of preparation and thoughts about how to do it properly. And you eventually end up at a place in space and time that two steps forward is really a step off the stool. So that's where I am

ThroughTheLight

ThroughTheLight

May 8, 2023
I'm in a similar position to you I guess. My life is not bad; money isn't a problem and I have no traumatic experiences like being abused. However I have low self-esteem, ugly body, terrible social anxiety, and I haven't really wanted to get better. I also realize it's pretty strange when my life seems so good, but most of the time I just think and fantasize about how I want to die and don't really question it. No matter if my life on the outside is bad or good, I have always thought about death for the past year.