P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
It's my first Christmas alone. Wondering if anyone else is or has been in a similar situation?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: iloveloving, ASBA999, Regen and 4 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
It's my first Christmas alone. Wondering if anyone else is or has been in a similar situation?
Alone and as miserable and heartbroken as one can be, miss her so much

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Justnotme, Peaceful Departure and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I'm alone every Christmas but I can spend it with people online.

Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, Justnotme and Peaceful Departure
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I have a teddy bear with me if that counts. Every year has always been alone with no family or friends and people online just don't have the presence someone irl does for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, Peaceful Departure and Suicidebydeath
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
I have spent the last 23 Christmases by myself. Sometimes my mother is in the house but she rather not talk to me. So pretty much alone I have chronic illness so I am mostly bedbound

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Justnotme and Peaceful Departure
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes but I prefer it this way. Reckon by now, I must have spent maybe 22-23 Christmas period and New Year period and birthday's alone as in- I live alone and see no one. Eventually, they start to feel like any other day despite people reminding you that they aren't.

It's weird though- the first time. Do you still have people you can text or call? Do you have anything nice to eat?

piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
It's my first Christmas in 10 years without my wife and soul mate, I am with my family who all really love me and my it's my nephews first Christmas, despite being surrounded with all this love and support I have never felt more alone.

It's a reminder of what I have lost and how I am just broken beyond repair - everyone has their lives and I am left in my desolate hole of loneliness.

I wish you all love and peace, the holidays are a hard time for those alone.

• Love
Reactions: ChiseHatori
O

onmyway1513

Mar 29, 2023
Not alone, but lonely. Have been a rough few last years for me, but this has been the worst. I live alone but is with family during Christmas Eve and a few dinner's.. I feel like they don't recognize I'm there. They talk to me, but that's only because they are wondering about something I know or they're bored and no one else is there at that time.
I imagine they wouldn't have noticed a difference If I was there or not.
I hate Christmas and all other holidays.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I've been alone all my life (well aside from being with family who I don't even talk to much to begin with). Christmas is no exception for me. I've been alone all my damn life

U

until death

maybe it's time to say goodbye
Dec 12, 2023
I hate Christmas

NoOneLovesMiMi

NoOneLovesMiMi

Just Me
May 27, 2023
I am alone.
But better to be alone then around people who make you feel invisible and unloved.
I'm scared but I rather do it alone

P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
Yes but I prefer it this way. Reckon by now, I must have spent maybe 22-23 Christmas period and New Year period and birthday's alone as in- I live alone and see no one. Eventually, they start to feel like any other day despite people reminding you that they aren't.

It's weird though- the first time. Do you still have people you can text or call? Do you have anything nice to eat?
Pretty much everyone I know is busy with their family. Hoping to hear from someone soon.
Nah, I went to the grocery store last night and they closed early for xmas eve so i've got eggs, oj, canned beans, and old halloween candy lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I'm mentally alone. Around people but I might as well not even be here. I'd rather be dead.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I am alone.
But better to be alone then around people who make you feel invisible and unloved.
I'm scared but I rather do it alone
I agree with you 100%. It's much easier being alone by yourself than being alone with others around you.

Reactions: NoOneLovesMiMi
грустная сука

грустная сука

сладких снов~
Dec 24, 2023
No, but I wish I was. Or at least in different company.

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
This is also my first Christmas alone. It's more painful than I expected. But I can cope with sedatives.

greencondo

greencondo

Sep 25, 2019
Off and on (mostly alone) for the past 20 years. Alone consistently for about the past 5. In the past I was just happy to get the day over and behind me, but it bothers me a bit more this year for some reason. I don't even really love x-mas, it's just the gathering and wanting each other to be happy.do well for the season.

your first one might be tough depending. I still remember my first one without my grandmother, my closest relative, many years ago, and it felt pretty terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peaceful Departure
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I haven't had a phone call or text from family in over a year now. Being alone today feels the same as every other day. Wish you peace. Be well on your journey.

• Love
Reactions: Peaceful Departure