• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

pfuxx1

pfuxx1

Sep 19, 2023
Jumping seems like the worst way to go me. I already have crazy anxiety so CTB by jumping just seems hella scary to me. But its a quick way to go sometimes, i just cant bring myself to jump off a bridge. could shoot myself or OD on impulsive but i dont think i could jump, so much anxiety.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Aim, bpdbunnygirl and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Miss Anthropy

Miss Anthropy

....and the sky turned black
Dec 28, 2022
Jumping facinates me. The freedom and terror those brave people must face is too much for me as well. Ive heard that most die from cardic arrest on the way down but im not sure how they could possibly know that. I wish i was brave enough to experience that freedom though.

Reactions: j1nxxb0yjj4ke, cscott and A.W.O.L.
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Same here. Jumping was always the go-to method in my head, because of how simple and technically quick it is. But I've stood on the roof of a ten story building before, and the fear is crippling. The chances of surviving are also part of it, especially depending on how you land, and if you're going into a city to find a building tall enough you're almost definitely going to be traumatizing a large number of people. It's not a pretty way to go.

Reactions: j1nxxb0yjj4ke, Miss Anthropy, deepblack and 1 other person
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
could choose a method that triggers SI less or jump with someone else

DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
Ay, I'm gonna be jumping so not sure if I have place to speak here lol. For me personally, jumping is very symbolic and meaningful to me. Like something out of a book or movie, I felt everything was turning around and I was finally beating life, on top of the world, master of my own destiny. It didn't take long to crash back down to reality and sink back to the depths I was so used to living. To me, jumping off that bridge from the height of my life into the deep blue symbolizes how I truly died those years ago, dying the way I always lived. I love the feeling of the wind blowing past me at high speeds. I love rollercoasters and driving down the highway with my windows down, it feels so absolving. Maybe my scrambling for meaning in it is just my way of coping with doing it, not sure.

I'm not the worst with heights, but I know being there will be a different story. Honestly, I'm more afraid of getting interrupted or somehow surviving. It'll probably be tough to push past the fear, but I'm intending on hyping up, jumping backwards and chilling while I listen to my swan song to try and enjoy it.

I think everyone picks their method like a child in a toy store. Some like planning it all out and building like a puzzle. Some like the action and adventure from something like their favorite superhero, while others want the peace and beauty of a doll or play set. Some just want something short and sweet like a piece of candy.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: j1nxxb0yjj4ke, bridgegirl, Lookoutbelow and 4 others
SSamGarrison

SSamGarrison

Chickens.
Sep 9, 2023
Yeah, once I wanted to because I was feeling bad and in a hotel with a balcony. Couldn't do it. Probably good as I really wasn't high up enough

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Take me to the rooftop
I wanna see the world when i stop breathing
Turning blue

Reactions: j1nxxb0yjj4ke, bridgegirl, A.W.O.L. and 1 other person
deepblack

deepblack

follow the white rabbit
Apr 9, 2023
Seriously tried to jump in 2005, totally determined.
It was a chimney stack, similar to the one I'm attaching as example. Had to plan and arrange things for days only to get up there. Couldn't do it. Spent around 20 hours on top of this thing but wasn't able to jump.
Ironically I was terrified as hell when I had to climb down from there.

Attachments

• chimney.jpg
    chimney.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: SanJudas, Miss Anthropy, Twntysix and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That method sounds terrifying to me personally and sounds difficult to go through with because of the survival instinct, those who ctb that way really must had been so determined, I admire their courage and bravery.

Reactions: AncientSorrow, bridgegirl and Miss Anthropy
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I believe there's a video of a women who jumped of the roof of her apartment and managed to survive the fall and was in pain shortly after and even survived the trip to the hospital. It's too risky

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
agreed.. saw horrible accidents in my time.. bodies getting split in fences.. guts everywhere.. the sound of "explosion".. (and it literally explodes"... there's no conving "its not painful"... painful to watch, painful to listen, painful to see the aftermath, painful to hear people complaining like "stupid poor bastard, in all the bridges around here this former sob decides to jump exactly here and ONLY because i'm late!" - yeah, its also painful that innocent people might suffer accidents.. i remember walking a dark highway during a storm .. every incoming light (car, if there had been a truck there would be still pieces of me in that highway... probably not.. but ... walking in the middle of dark highway, no lights, during a storm, the odds of being ran over walking by the sideway is already high... but on the middle of both lanes? incredibly the 4 or 5 cars that passed through, veered. didnt even use the horn nor yell insult.. the last was a cop patrol, slowly incoming, i stopped and didnt move my hands (thought they would finish the job by shooting. but no, took me to a road cop station gave me a lecture on traffic and safety and i convinced far more people needed an ambulance rather than me, that id be cool and not throw myself off a bridge or in front of any car.
Thats irresponsible not to mention it can also go very very very wrong... "not even have time to feel pain"? i can 100% assure the only way "i've been declared dead" was after coma induced drugs.. of course i didnt feel any pain... I WAS ABOUT TO.. had i not pulled all those tubes when they were turning off life support

"OHH ITS A MIRACLE ! COME SEE ! HE'S BACK!!!" - if this were a joke thats a very offensive one , i know so many thousands of people would have wanted to "be lucky as this" why me? been asking ever since

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
I've fantasized for the last few months about jumping. Taking what money I had and running away to the city, finding the tallest building I can. Maybe get drunk or high to kinda numb my senses a little.

Besides the probability of survival, a different thought that, maybe not scare but unsettles me, is what others would do as I jumped off the building. In the time we live in today, I know that if I jumped in the city, a place that's going to be populated pretty well, anyone that sees or notices will whip their phones out and others would follow suit.

My jump would be plastered everywhere online. It's hard finding more unpopulated places where I live, and I dont want something like that being spread and shared everywhere, especially for the people I care about to see. Would defeat the purpose of running away in the first place.

Reactions: bridgegirl and DeadlineDialer
lefi

lefi

waiting for rainy days
Aug 19, 2023
Jumping seems like the worst way to go me. I already have crazy anxiety so CTB by jumping just seems hella scary to me. But its a quick way to go sometimes, i just cant bring myself to jump off a bridge. could shoot myself or OD on impulsive but i dont think i could jump, so much anxiety.
Agreed. I live in an apartment with a balcony, and every time I stand there with the intent to jump, only the thought of it scares the shit out of me.

Last edited:
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I have such tall buildings near me and I do have the means of sedating myself and accessing the higher floors of the buildings but I have had a fear of heights since a long time, I don't think I can ever bring myself to jump even if I'm drunk as hell.

But… theres an exception.. maybe I could bring myself to jump if I lived on the 50th floor of a building. I currently live on the 15th floor and it seems very risky in my opinion, a lot of people advised me against jumping from here as well which makes me even more doubtful.

You're right about the anxiety part but if everything is done correctly such as the maneuvering of the body to ensure that you land headfirst then the anxiety won't last for long but its a gamble if you can overcome SI which prevents you from being able to make yourself land headfirst which is a problem.

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I'd been wanting to jump as my executive function has dipped to the point I can't really plan a proper/peaceful death anymore.
It's so damn terrifying to think about.

Survival instinct loves to both show what I could've had (been constantly getting a sort of, life review, these days) and make me think about just how gruesome this type of death will be.
Since it's your own brain/its subconscious or w/e, it knows how to hit hardest.

I'm guessing it presents some uniquely tailored thoughts to everyone who attempts or plans.
For example, one of the thoughts I get is that, as much as I want my suffering to cease, I am proud of how pretty I managed to become (I'm trans).
I have a really nice outfit too that I love.
But my brain tells me, when I jump, I won't fall asleep peacefully as something very close to who I wanted to be.
I'll violently shatter apart and likely drift off into the ocean. Everything gone. I just disappear.

Because our brains will fill us with thoughts of this type leading up to and right in front of it, staring downwards:
Even though only a short moment is necessary, an insane amount of willpower would be needed for anyone to pull off jumping.
Maybe medications or delusions could give the extra push.

• Hugs
Reactions: deepblack
I

iyusof

Sep 24, 2023
Jumping takes a lot of courage and determination. Not easy!

Reactions: DeadlineDialer, loterius and cscott
NoEpoh27

NoEpoh27

Oct 12, 2023
I've been going to the top of a hospital parking garage & parking. Sometimes I'll stand on the ledge and look down & I can't bring myself to jump. I keep going back. Earlier this year I got drunk & OD'd & went to the parking garage hoping I'd have the courage to jump. But instead I passed out & was found by someone & taken to the ER & hospitalized. I've been out for a few months now & I keep going back to the parking garage. Hopefully one of these nights when I'm standing on the ledge I'll trip or stumble and finally it'll all be over.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
Ay, I'm gonna be jumping so not sure if I have place to speak here lol. For me personally, jumping is very symbolic and meaningful to me. Like something out of a book or movie, I felt everything was turning around and I was finally beating life, on top of the world, master of my own destiny. It didn't take long to crash back down to reality and sink back to the depths I was so used to living. To me, jumping off that bridge from the height of my life into the deep blue symbolizes how I truly died those years ago, dying the way I always lived. I love the feeling of the wind blowing past me at high speeds. I love rollercoasters and driving down the highway with my windows down, it feels so absolving. Maybe my scrambling for meaning in it is just my way of coping with doing it, not sure.

I'm not the worst with heights, but I know being there will be a different story. Honestly, I'm more afraid of getting interrupted or somehow surviving. It'll probably be tough to push past the fear, but I'm intending on hyping up, jumping backwards and chilling while I listen to my swan song to try and enjoy it.

I think everyone picks their method like a child in a toy store. Some like planning it all out and building like a puzzle. Some like the action and adventure from something like their favorite superhero, while others want the peace and beauty of a doll or play set. Some just want something short and sweet like a piece of candy.
This is one of the best things I've read about it, and I want to thank you for writing it. 💕
Jumping takes a lot of courage and determination. Not easy!
You have to crave that drop, for sure.

• Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer