Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Trauma can cause age regression. Acting playful is attractuve to women so that's nice, but other than that I don't relate to other adults. They're usually so boring. Looking at things with awe and wonder or having quirky thoughts is a nice perk.

It complicates ctb because my inner child shouldn't be thrown off a bridge with my adult body. He should be happy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Seaghost, crimsonpool, Deleted member 65593 and 4 others
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I'm definitely very immature for my age.

Most folk my age are starting families, planning ahead for their futures and leaving their youths in the past. I can't relate to any of that shit. I haven't changed since my late teens/early 20s. I still play classic games, watch old cartoons etc.

I'll never change. I've lost all but 1 of my friends because the rest "grew up". It doesn't bother me. I wouldn't swap places with them. It's exceedingly difficult to make new friends as you get older, but I do wish I knew more like minded people.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, cgrtt.brns, jaxxon_sunn and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm definitely very immature for my age.

Most folk my age are starting families, planning ahead for their futures and leaving their youths in the past. I can't relate to any of that shit. I haven't changed since my late teens/early 20s. I still play classic games, watch old cartoons etc.

I'll never change. I've lost all but 1 of my friends because the rest "grew up". It doesn't bother me. I wouldn't swap places with them. It's exceedingly difficult to make new friends as you get older, but I do wish I knew more like minded people.
Adults have children because their inner child is dead.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I have to keep reminding myself that I'm 18+ now. I certainly don't look, act, or recognize myself as being my chronological age. My inner child is still very much intact. Something traumatic happened to me last year, and I reverted back to a childlike state. If no one knew, they would've thought I was a minor bawling her eyes out.

I would've gained sympathy—that is, until they found out my true age. Adults aren't allowed to be emotionally fragile. The youth gain pity, while we are left to suffer. As if being an adult magically makes someone capable of handling what life throws at them.

Anyway, this may seem biased of me, but the only child I'll ever love is the one within myself. I try to protect it at all costs and be the friend it never had.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns and Ambivalent1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, definitely. I value my childish mind- I still have a sense of wonder. I've never really seen what's so great about being a mature, sensible (boring) adult. That said- I'm such a cynic. I became a pessimist early on- so- I guess that part of me aged pretty quickly.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Elio24, cgrtt.brns and Ambivalent1
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
when I was a kid I was constantly told that I was very mature for my age, which is weird because now that I'm in my late twenties I feel like I can't grow up

Reactions: psp3000, unrest and cgrtt.brns
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
definitely. everytime i remember my age i feel sick bc it just shouldnt be that. i should still be a kid. i am still a kid. i havent mentally aged since i was twelve, coincidentally the age i first tried to ctb. all my friends my age have jobs and have moved out and have partners, im still living with my parents in my childish room with all my childhood stuffed toys and posters, unable to get a job or even get voluntary work. i feel like such a lost and scared child all the time.
whats weird tho is when i was a kid i never got on with other kids, i only got on with adults. i was always told i was rly mature, i looked older than i was, i had the reading age of a 15 year old at 8 etc. i never got to be a kid. i had to be independent and mature and take care of everyone. now im the complete opposite. im a failure that has to be taken care of.

• Love
Reactions: unrest