C

Chrisdddh

Nov 3, 2018
Guys, anyone have tips for dealing extreme boredom and isolation? I have reached a point where I don't have single person to contact? Sorry for the poor English.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: bedtimebabe, Nem, Golden-Ivory and 22 others
Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019
I'm so sorry friend. And don't worry about your English. It's fine! I know it might not be a help at all but you can PM me (message me) anytime if you want. I'm here for you and I'm sure many others here on SS will be willing to be here for you too.

• Love
Reactions: MartyByrde, Susannah, Hollow Point and 7 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Always. Four years now. Used to have neighbours I could visit, but now I can't since i moved. This imposed self isolation is no different to my normal life. I'm odd though, whilst I enjoy human contact, I don't mind being without it either, to an extent.
Everything is going online. I spend time on here and I have FB messenger and Google Hangouts open. Okay, so the sad thing is I get more messages on here, but hey.
Is there anything creative you can do on your own? Anything you've been putting off because it's a pain? Cleaning the house, doing the garden, updating your CV? Learning how to code? Writing a book? Don't know what you are into, but maybe something you'd always meant to do but never gotten around to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, Golden-Ivory, littlemisssunshine and 9 others
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Same here I'm always lying in my bed isolated for years now. Try Netflix/YouTube or online games. Feel free to pm me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, Golden-Ivory, littlemisssunshine and 12 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Online gaming is a good idea. I'm in Guild Wars 2 - it's free to download the core client. It's kind of sociable and helps calm me down.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, Golden-Ivory, Hollow Point and 5 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
Guys, anyone have tips for dealing extreme boredom and isolation? I have reached a point where I don't have single person to contact? Sorry for the poor English.
:aw:
:hug: PM me if you need someone to chat to.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nem, Susannah, Hollow Point and 3 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Sorry to hear that your in this situation. I also don't have any one (aside from people online) to contact. It's very lonely, painful and makes me feel ashamed- but I'm getting used to it. I think some people above me posted some good suggestions.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Klee, Woodnote, Hollow Point and 7 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Sorry to hear that your in this situation. I also don't have any one (aside from people online) to contact. It's very lonely, painful and makes me feel ashamed- but I'm getting used to it. I think some people above me posted some good suggestions.
you've got nothing to be ashamed of. However society does have stuff to be ashamed of, because of the systems that run it. PM me if you need someone to chat to. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, I_love_to_bake, Hollow Point and 4 others
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Yeah this isolation is no different to normal life for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, mediocre, Susannah and 3 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hollow Point, NeverMatteredAnyway, ImsooDone1N and 1 other person
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
Yes. It stems from poor self esteem. So, I isolate (because I'm terrible and people shouldn't be around me) and do nothing (because I don't deserve good things because I'm terrible). Awful beliefs to have.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: shush, Klee, I_love_to_bake and 6 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
These quarantines are awful, I feel so trapped.

I don't like video games and I can only read for so many hours a day. This sucks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nem, I_love_to_bake, Hollow Point and 6 others
Blu_1

Blu_1

Love, until you can love no more IG: trueblue_1010
Mar 13, 2020

There are sooo many lonely people in this world. Yet somehow there is an in-built(?) reluctance(not all of them course) to reach out.

Perhaps "happy, shiny" people are as miserable as everyone else, just that much more functional, and more "equipped" at putting out a so-called stronger front. *Randomly ponders*

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nem, Susannah, Hollow Point and 4 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
OP i would suggest exercise like at a gym but due to corona this isn't possible I assume. PM me anytime i will chat about anything.

Reactions: Oyoy, Hollow Point, NeverMatteredAnyway and 2 others
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
There are sooo many lonely people in this world. Yet somehow there is an in-built(?) reluctance(not all of them course) to reach out.

Perhaps "happy, shiny" people are as miserable as everyone else, just that much more functional, and more "equipped" at putting out a so-called stronger front. *Randomly ponders*

I always wonder how some people can keep themselves distracted. I keep overthinking everything. My mind just keeps running a million miles a minute . My thoughts have to extrapolate and play out every possible scenario to every bit of information that enters it. All the negative outcome scenarios keep me from acting appropriately.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Oyoy, Hollow Point and 4 others
Blu_1

Blu_1

Love, until you can love no more IG: trueblue_1010
Mar 13, 2020
My thoughts have to extrapolate and play out every possible scenario to every bit of information that enters it. All the negative outcome scenarios keep me from acting appropriately.
Would you say you might be a perfectionist? You find solace in knowing all possibilities and enjoy achieving a sense of completion, so from there you know where to go? It is wonderful to be able to think deeply.

These days I am a mere over-worrier and sometimes can't think more than a minute. Hope what I said made some sense, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: I_love_to_bake, NeverMatteredAnyway, Hollow Point and 1 other person
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Would you say you might be a perfectionist? You find solace in knowing all possibilities and enjoy achieving a sense of completion, so from there you know where to go? It is wonderful to be able to think deeply.

These days I am a mere over-worrier and sometimes can't think more than a minute. Hope what I said made some sense, lol.

When I was really little I remember hearing the quote "Chance favours a prepared mind." It's something that I kept close to heart. I used to hate how luck and chance always felt like they were the deciding factors in a LOT of scenarios. "Tough luck, kid" used to always infuriate me. So I figure, the best solution is to manipulate luck. And one of the simplest ways to do that was to gauge the different outcomes.

You can tell I'm not big on gambling.

The quarantine has everyone on edge. These forums have been a godsend. I've always suffered with loneliness but I feel less alone now knowing a lot of the world feels the same way.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Klee, Oyoy and 3 others
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah like some other people said my life isn't much different even with this quarantine since I have been isolated in many ways for years now however it does still add to it. What really sucks is being physically limited as well as isolated because I could do more things and entertain myself more if I wasn't fighting my body while I was isolated but I guess if I wasn't as physically limited then to a certain degree I wouldn't be as isolated. Ha. I still do enjoy time to myself a good bit though regardless of issues. Just like the box is empty said I also overthink things big time for example my own death. Been overthinking it for yrs. As far as extreme boredom and isolation goes which I can relate too big time I don't know I guess it depends on what you like and are able to do and whether or not we are talking inside or outside .
internet research like this site or whatever
video games
books
organizing your room
workouts with exercise bands
smoking pot or cigarettes and starring into space
tv
music\ guitars
idont know but I hope everyone can find some way to fight the isolation and boredom because that is what this life is it's a fight to the finish on way or another.

Reactions: Susannah, morningdew, NeverMatteredAnyway and 3 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Try painting!

Although im crawling up the walls out of pure frustration myself now

Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, Hollow Point, almaranthine and 1 other person
Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I started isolating myself back in 2014, and things only got worse and worse ever since. Apart from my weekly thearpies, I got nothing. I don't even talk to myself anymore. Crazy to think I have reached this point, and I have accepted this faith. I dont even try to reach out anymore. No point. I was born to be alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, thepolarbear, NeverMatteredAnyway and 1 other person
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I started isolating myself back in 2014, and things only got worse and worse ever since. Apart from my weekly thearpies, I got nothing. I don't even talk to myself anymore. Crazy to think I have reached this point, and I have accepted this faith. I dont even try to reach out anymore. No point. I was born to be alone.

I'm at that point myself too. I've come to prefer it. Or at least I've convinced myself I do. I'm cool with sticking to online stuff like this. I get to be real and not be judged.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Susannah and NeverMatteredAnyway
NeverMatteredAnyway

NeverMatteredAnyway

I matter now.
Jan 13, 2020
I'm at that point myself too. I've come to prefer it. Or at least I've convinced myself I do. I'm cool with sticking to online stuff like this. I get to be real and not be judged.
I was more ok with it when I was younger, I had more years in front of me and my work and lifestyle kind of required independence. Now that Im old, Im just plain lonely. I was lonely then too, but I had the consolation of enjoying my job and thinking surely things would be different in the future. Nothing changed except I got too old to do my fun job, lol Im still alone. It sucks. I wonder, what was the day/night I missed meeting that one person who would have been my best friend. Was I working? Was my car broke down? Lol As far as being real, Im pretty real even in real life. Maybe thats why no one likes me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: thepolarbear, Blu_1 and Hollow Point
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
Yea, I'm feeling extremely hopeless and lonely. The only friend I had recently deleted me, she said I was just too "negative" and "depressing" to keep talking to. I feel like I'm at my breaking point. I hate where I live, and I can no longer even escape here because of the fucking virus, the negative effects of which are going to drag on for years. My living situation is a constant source of negativity daily.

In the past I had a close friend who was in a similar situation to me, and we spent a lot of time playing stuff together online. We had our ups and downs, but she helped me through my loneliness and isolation a lot. Unfortunately I lost her last year when she ended her life.

I would love to be able to find friends again but it just seems impossible. I can't even really play games anymore because the nerves in my hand have been injured from repetitive strain, which makes it difficult to use it for any period of time. I was getting PT for it which seemed to be slowly helping, but now the place has closed indefinitely from the pandemic.

This virus has done a great job of extinguishing any small amount of hope I had remaining for my future.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: littlemisssunshine, thepolarbear, Deleted member 1465 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I always wonder how some people can keep themselves distracted. I keep overthinking everything. My mind just keeps running a million miles a minute . My thoughts have to extrapolate and play out every possible scenario to every bit of information that enters it. All the negative outcome scenarios keep me from acting appropriately.
That is exactly how my mind naturally works. It van actually be an advantage in some areas of life. It served me well at work. But now...not so much.

Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway
NeverMatteredAnyway

NeverMatteredAnyway

I matter now.
Jan 13, 2020
Yea, I'm feeling extremely hopeless and lonely. The only friend I had recently deleted me, she said I was just too "negative" and "depressing" to keep talking to. I feel like I'm at my breaking point. I hate where I live, and I can no longer even escape here because of the fucking virus, the negative effects of which are going to drag on for years. My living situation is a constant source of negativity daily.

In the past I had a close friend who was in a similar situation to me, and we spent a lot of time playing stuff together online. We had our ups and downs, but she helped me through my loneliness and isolation a lot. Unfortunately I lost her last year when she ended her life.

I would love to be able to find friends again but it just seems impossible. I can't even really play games anymore because the nerves in my hand have been injured from repetitive strain, which makes it difficult to use it for any period of time. I was getting PT for it which seemed to be slowly helping, but now the place has closed indefinitely from the pandemic.

This virus has done a great job of extinguishing any small amount of hope I had remaining for my future.
Im lonely too. I hate being locked up too. There are free learning sites on the internet, you can learn to code and all kinds of stuff. You can binge netflix. I understand nothing comes close to fixing that feeling. Nothing comes close to fixing it for me thats for sure. I spend my days trying to distract myself. This site helps.
That is exactly how my mind naturally works. It van actually be an advantage in some areas of life. It served me well at work. But now...not so much.
What job is it good to have an overthinking mind? Seriously I need to apply once this insanity is over with

Last edited:
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
Im lonely too. I hate being locked up too. There are free learning sites on the internet, you can learn to code and all kinds of stuff. You can binge netflix. I understand nothing comes close to fixing that feeling. Nothing comes close to fixing it for me thats for sure. I spend my days trying to distract myself. This site helps.

Yea, I've taken much advantage of learning things on youtube and the like. It can be motivating if you find the right niche. I know how to code pretty well, but my hand problem pretty much puts the kabosh on any serious coding sessions. Programming used to be a big passion of mine but all the energy has died now thanks to my hand and other things. I think the only way I can realistically get back into coding is if there becomes a way to bypass my hand completely and code by some type of direct neural interface.

My cope was mostly watching anime, but with the loss of hope I've lost motivation for that too now. There's stuff on netflix I was planning to watch but I can't overcome this crushing feeling of pointlessness to do so.

• Hugs
NeverMatteredAnyway

NeverMatteredAnyway

I matter now.
Jan 13, 2020
Yea, I've taken much advantage of learning things on youtube and the like. It can be motivating if you find the right niche. I know how to code pretty well, but my hand problem pretty much puts the kabosh on any serious coding sessions. Programming used to be a big passion of mine but all the energy has died now thanks to my hand and other things. I think the only way I can realistically get back into coding is if there becomes a way to bypass my hand completely and code by some type of direct neural interface.

My cope was mostly watching anime, but with the loss of hope I've lost motivation for that too now. There's stuff on netflix I was planning to watch but I can't overcome this crushing feeling of pointlessness to do so.
Can you go for a walk? My go to used to be running, everythings closed now, I live in a shitty place n am as afraid of the police harassing me as getting jumped. Im working up the courage now lol

Reactions: Enabran255
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
Can you go for a walk? My go to used to be running, everythings closed now, I live in a shitty place n am as afraid of the police harassing me as getting jumped. Im working up the courage now lol
I have gone for walks in the past but I might have missed my window for that now. It's not practical to walk during the winter because of the cold and snow, and once spring arrives the blackflies, deer flies, ticks, mosquitoes, midges and other biting insects attack ruthlessly if I'm outside for any length of time. It looks like it's about to rain for 2-3 weeks straight beginning tomorrow, but maybe there will be an opportunity in there somewhere when I can attempt it before all the bugs wake up. I have found it productive to go on walks, it just becomes easy to forget to do so given how limiting the climate here is for it.

NeverMatteredAnyway

NeverMatteredAnyway

I matter now.
Jan 13, 2020
I have gone for walks in the past but I might have missed my window for that now. It's not practical to walk during the winter because of the cold and snow, and once spring arrives the blackflies, deer flies, ticks, mosquitoes, midges and other biting insects attack ruthlessly if I'm outside for any length of time. It looks like it's about to rain for 2-3 weeks straight beginning tomorrow, but maybe there will be an opportunity in there somewhere when I can attempt it before all the bugs wake up. I have found it productive to go on walks, it just becomes easy to forget to do so given how limiting the climate here is for it.
Oh, you live where theres nature. I'll trade you some ghetto neighbors and homeless crackheads for some snow and ticks LOL
Hell I'll take ALL your biting bugs if you take my neighbors lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodnote and Enabran255
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
24/7. Never leave don't game no tv
I'm beyond lonely

• Hugs
Reactions: Golden-Ivory, littlemisssunshine, Oyoy and 1 other person