RedBuns

RedBuns

Dec 18, 2018
I know people on here can't "physically" help me, but does anyone know of any resources that can help me??? I have two young kids and my boyfriend is an alcoholic who has been keeping me.sheltered for ten years. I have never had any income of my own, no car, I don't even have a license. I feel doomed. I'm scared and don't.know what to do. Even if I could leave, I wouldn't even know how. I have no money for a taxi to take me to a shelter. I have nothing to my name at all because he's bought literally everything for the past ten years. Fuck...

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Wisdom3_1-9, Greenberg and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would recommend you contact a DV hotline or the shelter and ask them to help you make an escape plan. Shelters usually have social workers who will get you set up with resources for transitional housing, job training and job hunting, getting food and other benefits. They usually have food for while you're staying there as well, they often get donations, as well as for diapers and feminine hygiene products. The shelter will probably also pay for a taxi, ask them if they can help with that.

Reactions: waterbottleman, VIBRITANNIA, RedBuns and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Here is the Domestic Abuse info for the U.S.
Sorry this is happening to you. :aw:

1-800-799-7233

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Greenberg, Huntfish34 and 2 others
RedBuns

RedBuns

Dec 18, 2018
Thank you both. I am just so fucking scared bc I don't know how to be alone or hold a.job or drive a car and I need to do all of those things for my kids who I'd die for. I've just been a stay at home.mom since I was 18 (im 26 now) so yeah I just feel hopeless and want to die. And to top it all off, I .am also an alcoholic and it's so fucking hard to go.through it every day..

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Greenberg and Huntfish34
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4993, RedBuns and 1 other person
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
One of my friends ... Is going through a somewhat similar situation. Has made me very Anxious and worried because she won't Leave him because he's the Father of the child.... Yet he's abusive... Verbally and physically. I pray you can find a safe place . Blessings and prayers are with you and your family. ❤️

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4993 and RedBuns
RedBuns

RedBuns

Dec 18, 2018
One of my friends ... Is going through a somewhat similar situation. Has made me very Anxious and worried because she won't Leave him because he's the Father of the child.... Yet he's abusive... Verbally and physically. I pray you can find a safe place . Blessings and prayers are with you and your family. ❤
Yes it's just so hard and scary because I don't know what the future will hold if I finally take action

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and not-2-b-the-answer
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
it's very important to keep that man far from your children even is there is serious consequences . That man is more dangerous for them and their mental health and future than not finding food to eat . It is your resposbilty as a mother to save your children . They will never forgive you if you don't take catr of that situation . That man is not fixable . the only solution for someone like him is keeping him in the jail for the rest of the life . If you go to any therapist , they will tell you the same thing that I told you

• Love
Reactions: Emily_Numb, Huntfish34 and not-2-b-the-answer
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm so sorry you're in this devastating situation :( You're incredibly strong and brave to make the decision to leave. It may be one of the hardest decisions you have to make, but you'll come out on the other side so much stronger and wiser than you can even imagine right now

• Love
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yes it's just so hard and scary because I don't know what the future will hold if I finally take action

But you do know what the future holds if you don't.

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
IF I was you , I would called the police today(not tomorrow) . I know that Police is useless in most countries in the world . But they will arrest that man and give you some information about where you can get help . There might ne some organision in your country to help single moms in your situation .

Reactions: Emily_Numb and Huntfish34
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I am so sorry to hear of your situation and your husband's inhuman behavior. I am doubly saddened by your children. Aside from the abuse resources, would you have any family (parents, siblings) who you can lean upon? Please continue to post on this website. At the very least, you are not alone.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and not-2-b-the-answer
StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
Thank you both. I am just so fucking scared bc I don't know how to be alone or hold a.job or drive a car and I need to do all of those things for my kids who I'd die for. I've just been a stay at home.mom since I was 18 (im 26 now) so yeah I just feel hopeless and want to die. And to top it all off, I .am also an alcoholic and it's so fucking hard to go.through it every day..
Your thinking too far ahead. Try to concentrate on what needs to happen now and thats to find safety for yourself and your children. The other stuff (a job, learning to drive), you can get help with that when the time comes, but for now I think you need an exit plan. @Not-2-be-the-answer and @Vibritania posted the DV Hotline number, so first things first, when your able to make a call, when its safe and your boyfriend is not around, then do so. If you dont have access to a phone, perhaps there is a neighbour or if you can go to a local shop and use their phone? It will be really scary doing this, I imagine, but you can. Just take one step at a time. Try not to think too far ahead as to what will happen after you make the call. Sometimes its easier to keep things as simple as possible otherwise you start to feel so overwhelmed that everything you need to do seems too impossible.

You could start thinking about planning some steps eg:

Step 1: At a time when it is safe, make a call to the DV hotline.

Step 2: If your able to you may want to pack a few things to take with you for yourself and your children, but keep it to a minimum. If your boyfriend does happen to come back after you have just made the call, you dont need him seeing bags. So you want to find a good hiding place for your items should he return. Doing something like this also helps while you wait for someone to come and get you, esp as the minutes can seem like hours when your scared. (Things may work quite differently for you depending on which country you are from, but where I live as soon as a call is made to our DV Hotline, they are sending a car to pick you up).

If that is not the case where you live, then the most important thing to do is to leave the house. If you have someone that you can go to great, but if not, thats ok too, just leave the house and start walking towards somewhere where there is alot of people. As soon as your far enough away you can think about making a call to the DV Hotline. Just make sure your somewhere safe first.

Step 3: Its helpfull sometimes, depending on the age of the children to let them know that you will all be going out so not to stray to far, stay in the home. The last thing you need is for either of your children to dissappear somewhere when you need to go.

These are just examples of some of the things you could think about, or steps you could take that may help to make the planning a bit easier. In my situation it was good to be able to prepare as best we could. It was also helpfull to make some plans because it helped u concentrate on the things we needed to get done rather than the "what ifs" that tend to creep in at times like this when your panicking. One of the hardest things to do when your going through this is to keep the momentum going. This is really important. You dont want to stop once you have made the decision to leave. JUST KEEP MOVING NO MATTER WHAT.

Your really brave. That, first and foremost is what I wanted to say to you. Its really difficult what your going through and I admire you for taking the first step. Sending lots of hugs your way. Here if you need someone to talk to.:hug:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4993, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
got2beFionaC

got2beFionaC

i am nobody. who are you? are you nobody, too?
Jul 1, 2020
I know people on here can't "physically" help me, but does anyone know of any resources that can help me??? I have two young kids and my boyfriend is an alcoholic who has been keeping me.sheltered for ten years. I have never had any income of my own, no car, I don't even have a license. I feel doomed. I'm scared and don't.know what to do. Even if I could leave, I wouldn't even know how. I have no money for a taxi to take me to a shelter. I have nothing to my name at all because he's bought literally everything for the past ten years. Fuck...

are you in the US? i've been in a similar situation and am working in a domestic violence shelter. if you want to message me i can try to send you resources :heart: :heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Huntfish34 and StellaArtoix
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Organizations will help you with all that. Getting you to safety, helping you get settled etc. Just call. They know what they're doing. And stay safe.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Freeme3820

Freeme3820

One day this Girl will be free <3
Jul 27, 2020

What country are you in? X

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Are you married? Just thinking if you run off with the kids, you don't want him to have a legal way to get them back or give in if he's tryiing to tell you to come back because you're kidnapping them.

Nevermind, you said boyfriend

Last edited:
Reactions: Freeme3820