F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I will seek help sometimes and then I don't follow through because that means I will have to go through pain. So it is my fault to an extent because I've gotten to this point where I just got comfortable with shitty existence and don't want help anymore. It would have helped me if the help came in my teens, but I'm fucking 41 now lol! It's like I'am what Iam. Set in my ways.

Reactions: RM5998, Dead_Inside, Tiburcio and 4 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
No, long past the point of believing in help, it isnt my mind that is broke it is the system we are living in that causes the limiting constraints on people, much like living in a prison cell once you reach adulthood.

Reactions: betteroffdead, ScaredOfLife, RM5998 and 4 others
MissLisa

MissLisa

Student
Sep 13, 2018
I know what you mean. I fight myself daily because of certain people in my life. It upsets me but I have accepted now that I just can't be helped. It seems to me that some people reach this point, ask for help and are better. I have been trying to get help for years but I'm still at this point. I realise now that it won't change. I have got myself through to this point (for others) but it has taken everything and I just don't have the fight any more. If there was some miracle help cure that would make everything ok, sure I would take it. The only way out of this though, for me, is death.

Reactions: betteroffdead, RM5998, Final Escape and 2 others
Abel

Abel

Delusional
Sep 11, 2018
I'm currently seeing a psychiatrist, have been for the past year or so... but honestly, it hasn't been helpful. I think I'm just too set in my ways, I'm not open to changing my mindset or my outlook on life anymore. It's been far too long for me to have any hope remaining for things to improve; instead, I'm just biding my time until I reach my breaking point.

As for mental hospitals or the like... I've frankly never considered the idea of voluntarily admitting myself. I hate being detained/confined against my own will (this stems from the god-awful experience I had when I was forcibly sectioned).

Reactions: betteroffdead, RM5998 and Final Escape