Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yeah im Canadian and i remember looking into this in 2019 and seeing that changes were being made.

I dont have hope for myself bc Im in my 20's and carry too much "energy" that is perceived as this great intelligence or something so like basically no one will ever validate my suicidality at my age.

Im too young with "too much potential". My suicidality must be some curable irrationality or something.

I do hope this open uo the doors for more Canadians that want the right to die.. Maybe i should look it over again...

Reactions: Pen>Sword, EmbraceOfTheVoid and -L-
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Yeah im Canadian and i remember looking into this in 2019 and seeing that changes were being made.

I dont have hope for myself bc Im in my 20's and carry too much "energy" that is perceived as this great intelligence or something so like basically no one will ever validate my suicidality at my age.

Im too young with "too much potential". My suicidality must be some curable irrationality or something.

I do hope this open uo the doors for more Canadians that want the right to die.. Maybe i should look it over again...
They accept people with mental illnesses right?

L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
They accept people with mental illnesses right?

No, not currently. I believe you need to be determined to only have six months left to live. You currently need to be terminally ill, with death in the foreseeable future.

It would be nice to see this changed, but I don't see anything too radical happening in the near future. They are a bunch of knuckle draggers.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020

People that make comments like that are so ignorant and think nobody outside of the terminally ill have the right to suicide/euthanasia. There are people with far worse mental problems that have lives full of perpetual suffering far worse than any terminal illness but they are ignored because their issues are seen as fixable or they aren't visible so they aren't taken seriously.

It's like trying to get on disability in the US, you aren't considered worthy unless they can see you're paralyzed from the neck down or are shouting incoherently about aliens trying to take over your attic. Only the person experiencing their life knows how bad it is; all this red tape over euthanasia is a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: -L-
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
No, not currently. I believe you need to be determined to only have six months left to live. You currently need to be terminally ill, with death in the foreseeable future.

It would be nice to see this changed, but I don't see anything too radical happening in the near future. They are a bunch of knuckle draggers.
Wait you live in Canada?

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020

My friend from here is applying and she told me they accept all illnesses including mental, so maybe they might take you this time. I live in NY and obviously I know you would have to become a resident but I definitely want to try with them.

L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
"He said he was concerned because he wasn't sure there were enough resources available to help people with disabilities "make alternative decisions, have alternative procedures put in place if they're depressed, et cetera, so they don't necessarily feel they have to take this particular route." He said some people with disabilities had expressed similar misgivings about the legislation."

I'm in Canada too, and I remember this being an issue. I understand that perspective. Society is basically forcing disabled people into suicide because it's giving us no other options. Which is awful. On the other hand, I firmly believe in the right to die. But there needs to be more resources devoted to helping disabled people live, so death isn't our only option.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Yes so they do accept people with physical and mental that good news
that 'however' makes me not so sure

About mental illness and physical disability​

If you have a mental illness or a physical disability and wish to seek medical assistance in dying, you may be eligible. Eligibility is assessed on an individual basis, looking at all of the relevant circumstances. However, you must meet all the criteria to be eligible for medical assistance in dying, which means:

• your natural death must be foreseeable in a period of time that is not too distant
  • you must be mentally competent and capable of making decisions at the time of your request
  • you must also be mentally competent and capable of making decisions immediately before medical assistance in dying is provided

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
that 'however' makes me not so sure

About mental illness and physical disability​

If you have a mental illness or a physical disability and wish to seek medical assistance in dying, you may be eligible. Eligibility is assessed on an individual basis, looking at all of the relevant circumstances. However, you must meet all the criteria to be eligible for medical assistance in dying, which means:

• your natural death must be foreseeable in a period of time that is not too distant
  • you must be mentally competent and capable of making decisions at the time of your request
  • you must also be mentally competent and capable of making decisions immediately before medical assistance in dying is provided
Oh so I guess they only accept physical :'( ?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Oh so I guess they only accept physical :'( ?
the way its worded makes me want to say that under certain circumstances they accept mental and physical not just those that are dying. however the "entrance test" is probably going to be stricter then if you were going to die in 6 months.

Reactions: Buffy5120
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Omggg wait wait wait.... so this may be possible for me...

Ok I get that it's always better for someone to find peace/love/acceptance etc etc in life but...

I would LOVE the right to die..

Is this possible for me? I am about to cry with joy right now!!!!

Ima look into it...

I could give life my all for a bit if I had that...

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Omggg wait wait wait.... so this may be possible for me...

Ok I get that it's always better for someone to find peace/love/acceptance etc etc in life but...

I would LOVE the right to die..

Is this possible for me? I am about to cry with joy right now!!!!

Ima look into it...

I could give life my all for a bit if I had that...
Yeah if you live in Canada. I really hope you get in. I wish I lived there but its impossible for me to move. Anyways good luck hope the best for you. please let me know how it goes for you wait what illness are you suffering with?