Mar 19, 2020
Can i just die already? :mmm:

• Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus, Zenpurrz, MindFrog and 1 other person
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I was diagnosed with TMJ before I received a proper diagnosis of epilepsy, I was having nocturnal seizures, plus I've had previous facial/mouth trauma. Jaw pain is absolutely horrible, they were even talking about Botox injections or surgery for mine because some days I could barely open my mouth at all it felt locked shut.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I have it. Not very painful for me but I have difficulty opening my mouth all the way, my jaw cracks constantly, sometimes i feel it lock if I try to move my mouth too much. Oral surgeon said it would be permanent.

• Hugs
Reactions: AprilsBlessings and 262653
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I have it. Not very painful for me but I have difficulty opening my mouth all the way, my jaw cracks constantly, sometimes i feel it lock if I try to move my mouth too much. Oral surgeon said it would be permanent.
How long and guess you cant eat anything with this? Is this the reason you ctb?

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Oh god, I do. It can get so painful that I can't chew my food. Sometimes I can't even talk properly. I get so scared that it might get dislocated with just one misplaced yawn.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I have had it for years, mix it with mild trigeminal neuralgia, and you wonder why I haven't blown my head off yet with shotgun. It gets worse with age and the doctors said that even with surgery, there's a 50% failure rate. I just chose to live with it. Talking makes it worse over time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
How long and guess you cant eat anything with this? Is this the reason you ctb?
I've had it since I was around 14/15 so roughly around 6 years. I can still eat, but it is often uncomfortable. Not painful as others described, usually if you end up with a more severe case you may experience constant pain. It isn't my main reason for ctb but the malpractice that caused me to have it in the first place is part of the reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I think I have it too. Isn't it called arthritis? Clicking in the jaw when trying to open it too wide, and lower jaw pain when clenching my teeth, like when eating. Can become more problematic after I sleep on it. Oh, and yawns... what helps me is pressing my chin into my chest and slowly open my mouth.

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I just wish we can all ctb easily like so tired of life and idiot people having control over our lives it should be legal already im sorry im just having a rough day ugh ive been here for too long

• Hugs
Z

Zenpurrz

Oct 31, 2020
The right side of my jaw pops every time I open my mouth. Eating a meal sounds like I am transmitting morse code...

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and MindFrog
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
I have TMJD as well. I don't have any pain per se, but I have had episodes where my jaw locked and I had to rely on soup/soft meals for a few days. I did discover the cause behind my locking (sleeping on side) and now my only symptom is my jaw feeling very tense randomly throughout the day.

What's actually dumb is that where I live (Canada) TMJD insurance is nigh impossible to get and it's treated as a cosmetic issue. Yeah sure, not being able to eat proper meals and talk is a "cosmetic" issue alright... Also there are no viable treatment options for this disorder either, at least none approved of anyways.

• Love