B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
Any medications that solved depression fatigue for you? I can drink a large coffee and feel absolutely nothing. I'm still unbelievably tired. Modafinil helps slightly but I can't take it everyday. If it wasn't for depression fatigue I might actually be content in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: nico_wren, AscendedBeing and DustInTheWind
Sittichmutter

Sittichmutter

Student
Sep 16, 2021
Dear B,
It is not a problem you can resolve with medication. But slowly, with chances of habits.
Depression is mostly worse in the morning. I know...
But If you could start waking up early and exercising. You would start to feel better in about 2 months.
Do you get enough sunlight?
Because lack of Sun also contributes a lot to fatigue.
I Hope you get better.❤️

• Love
Reactions: PublicDiary0606 and DustInTheWind
DustInTheWind

DustInTheWind

No.
Feb 7, 2023
I wish I could tell you the usual "you have to find a reason to get up in the morning", but I know it is real hard. And to even start searching... That might be even harder... Just don't give up, you might find a reason one day, unexpectedly.

Medication worked for me somewhat (it varies from person to person), and taking supplements for vitamin D.

Reactions: Sittichmutter
O

onyx

Feb 4, 2023
I have this issue too - it is awful isn't it.

I used to take very low doses of dexamfetamine sulfate (5-10mg) prescribed to me off-label for depression. I'm in Australia.

Didn't do a lot for mood but helped to give a boost of energy in the morning. I would take it only on days when absolutely had to get shit done.

Have now stopped (after on and off for 2-3 years) as it felt like my brain was squeezing out the last dregs of dopamine from a depleted tank. Also trying to be cautious not to develop a tolerance over time. And it was a fine balance between being productive/energised and just anxious.
I would feel a crash when it wore off after a few hours. Potential sleep disrupter.

I am exploring options such as cold showers and ice baths - I believe there is some scientific research in the literature to support this (dopamine boost) but of course I am too tired to look into too deeply.

All the best x

Reactions: Sittichmutter
bpdblackout

bpdblackout

Chronically uncertain
Feb 11, 2023
Modafinil, b-12 supplements, electrolyte drink mixes, and epsom salt baths

AscendedBeing

AscendedBeing

Feb 15, 2023
Any medications that solved depression fatigue for you? I can drink a large coffee and feel absolutely nothing. I'm still unbelievably tired. Modafinil helps slightly but I can't take it everyday. If it wasn't for depression fatigue I might actually be content in life.
This doesn't work for all but it's worth a try to please hear me out. When you first wake up in the morning make yourself a filling breakfast if possible. Then start working out at home after your food digests while playing your favorite music if you'd like. It'll help get the dopamine levels right in your head if you do it on a routine plus you can watch yourself get gains after a few months it's exciting.

B

Bardo

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2023
Try cleaning one portion of a room. Start by picking up ten items off floor, table, desk. Just take baby steps. One section at a time. If you feel like doing more, cool. Music helps. I listen to Tom Petty, the Eagles, Dire Straits, blues, jazz. Helps a lot.

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
I can drink a large coffee and feel absolutely nothing
That's a bad sign. Bring your caffeine intake down to 0, and make some adjustments to your sleep schedule. Use a sleep calculator app or website. Go to a neurologist for a checkup. Consider going to an ENT as well to check for possible sleep apnea

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
What does it mean? I am also pretty much unresponsive to caffeine.
If it does not make you any more awake and if it might make you sleepy even, that can be a sign of ADHD as caffeine can have the opposite effect on people who have it.

• Informative
Reactions: Deo volente
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Try tramadol occasionally too. Modafinil is the one I'd have suggested. Fluoxetine also helped me.

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
bupropion…i took it in combination with fluoxetine, it's prescribed off label for i-adhd, it helped me a lot when i took it, i'm trying to get back on it again.

also practicing sleep hygiene habits in combination with this. medication only gets you so far my friend

PublicDiary0606

PublicDiary0606

"Noone can hear you scream when you're drowning"
Feb 13, 2023
"But If you could start waking up early and exercising. You would start to feel better in about 2 months."

I wish I could tell you the usual "you have to find a reason to get up in the morning", but I know it is real hard. And to even start searching... That might be even harder... Just don't give up, you might find a reason one day, unexpectedly.
I agree on both of these. Heres from my experience, during lockdown I relapsed with depression again and I couldn't carry out my routine. It takes extra effort to start my day. It's difficult to even take a shower or eat breakfast. On most days I would start my computer, show my boss I was online and lie in bed. The feeling was incredibly awful.

I knew I couldn't continue this way. I tried perhaps adding something one step at a time each week. I remember making a quick breakfast right after I got out my bed. Well mostly because I do enjoy something in my tummy early in the morning 😁. Then I added stretching because of how sluggish I feel. And it adds on to taking a shower and making my bed and so on.

I would say some of those activities would fall out but prioritise the things you think it's necessary and its not that difficult. It doesn't matter on how small those actions are as long as you start doing something. That's from my experience atleast. I wish you all the best. 💙

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DustInTheWind
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Wellbutrin helped me with this

Reactions: Grayfield