KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
This thread is dedicated to anybody of whom believe or know that they possess a below average degree of intelligence, this can range from anything as long as its something that hinders you cognitively from operating normally like your fellow humans!

Note: I know this text might give someone the impression that I'm somehow above average in terms of basic literacy but literacy is ( badums!) "stupidly" easily because you can do it all slow like and remove mistakes, in other words total control! Trust me pal I am not actually that intelligent and had the pendulum effect of wanting to blow my brains out because of my unfortunate state of a sorry existence.
I guess I'll start for the shy ones.

I always get this weird kind of feeling in regards to how people tend to view some suicidal people as being so intelligent that they saw no meaning in life and therefore there is no point in living. However this inward thinking is rather hazardous of a really horrific plague that actually cause a majority of people to commit suicide that is severely under looked because it delivers a very hard Trojan fact about that reality is that our current firm of life is just outright hostile to certain groups of people. Did you know that people who score low on IQ tests are known to be SIX TIMES more inclined to suicidal actions that their high IQ peers. When Western countries, specifically America started to move their low skill industry to elsewhere the chances of economic maneuverability for people of average or low intelligence cause the longest suicide crises of our country's time. People really don't care about those with lower intelligences, they see us as some sort of error that they need to get away from. Not kill or imprison but just isolate, the normals want us to be isolated from the rest of society. Society is hypocritical and demands we should be capable of anything despite our mental hindrances. A good number of people aren't very nice, they're disgusting hypocrites and their seems to be less and less nice people each to every day.
Crap like this makes me crave suicide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: acey, Journeytoletgo, Elysium Searcher and 7 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
The worst thing about being retarded is that you're too stupid to realize that your life is shit because you're dumb. And so you're bitter at life and you think life is unfair and fail to realize your flaws.

Like I failed a job interview the other day and was upset. If I had the cognitive abilities to understand that I was NOT good enough for the position, I wouldn't have been upset.

I wish I was intelligent enough to fully recodnize and integrate that I'm worth not much...

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Elysium Searcher and 3 others
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
The worst thing about being retarded is that you're too stupid to realize that your life is shit because you're dumb. And so you're bitter at life and you think life is unfair and fail to realize your flaws.

Like I failed a job interview the other day and was upset. If I had the cognitive abilities to understand that I was NOT good enough for the position, I wouldn't have been upset.

I wish I was intelligent enough to fully recodnize and integrate that I'm worth not much...
I feel your pain.
This was me during my critical chaos period beginning from age 13 to age 25.
I lacked any self awareness of my mental capacity and because of that I got cocky which lead me to waste my valuable growth years in believing pure nonsense and never acknowledging the flaws of me so I can hopefully work out a possible way to iron the rough edge of the flawed me.
I've been lied to about my intelligence, too many people called me extremely intelligent and too many people called me stupid but purely so they can use me.
I hate myself as well as the humans of this particular country of mine but I can't let hate dictate the life of the only chance of me being me. I know I am a hypocrite for wanting to eat a bullet through my brain but I still want to fight and live for (ironic) dumb reasons.

What country are you from?

Reactions: TakeMeBack07, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Elysium Searcher and 2 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
I've been lied to about my intelligence, too many people called me extremely intelligent
This.

This is the worst. I grew up fooled by that belief too but now I can see how enuinely untrue this is. And believing I was intelligent also led me to be arrogant and now I'm a complete failure. The embarrassment I feel is horrible, I always acted like I was going to win in life.

And now, I'm behind everyone I knew.

I despise my country (I live in a third-world country) and it feels like a very large torture chamber. I don't want to say which country because I don't want people here to look down on me when they find out my nationality lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeMeBack07, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Elysium Searcher and 2 others
C

Computer Blue

Jan 19, 2021
Based on what I am reading here, I don't see anyone that is unintelligent. But, perhaps it is awareness or expanded consciousness rather than intelligence that causes suicidal tendencies.

Reactions: Shu, Elysium Searcher and newave3
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
Based on what I am reading here, I don't see anyone that is unintelligent. But, perhaps it is awareness or expanded consciousness rather than intelligence that causes suicidal tendencies.
I guess it depends on how you define intelligence. To me intelligence is not just a theoretical. You can't be miserable in your life and call yourself intelligent...

Reactions: persimmontea and newave3
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
I've always been unintelligent, but even more as my depression/anxiety has worsened. My cognitive abilities have rapidly declined in the last few years and now I'm always getting brain fog.

I'm unfit for any job given that I can't learn any skills, and I'm not able to maintain social relationships because my stupid brain takes forever to form coherent sentences and put my thoughts into words.

It's hell living like this, and as you said OP, no one cares about our plight. We're rejects who simply get tossed aside because we serve little to no purpose to society.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeMeBack07, Journeytoletgo, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 7 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
There is a link between depression and intelligence:

It's not that being smart makes you depressed, it's that being smart often comes with certain other qualities that can easily lend themselves to falling into a depression. Smarter individuals tend to analyze their lives, and that leads them to become hypercritical, it leads to worrying and overthinking.
It can go the other way too-people with a lower IQ tended to be less happy than people with higher IQs. Furthermore, people with depressive symptoms tended to score lower in exercises of intelligence and cognitive thinking than people with normal, healthy mental conditions. In short, there's also research to suggest that with a low IQ and a lower intelligence comes a higher risk of depression.

Reactions: lofticries, Elysium Searcher, fly away and 1 other person
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021

It's not that being smart makes you depressed, it's that being smart often comes with certain other qualities that can easily lend themselves to falling into a depression. Smarter individuals tend to analyze their lives, and that leads them to become hypercritical, it leads to worrying and overthinking.
It can go the other way too-people with a lower IQ tended to be less happy than people with higher IQs. Furthermore, people with depressive symptoms tended to score lower in exercises of intelligence and cognitive thinking than people with normal, healthy mental conditions. In short, there's also research to suggest that with a low IQ and a lower intelligence comes a higher risk of depression.
To summarise: Falling outside the norm comes with a higher risk of depression.

• Love
Reactions: lofticries, Pessimist, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

May 21, 2021
To summarise: Falling outside the norm comes with a higher risk of depression.
Higher chance of happiness also. It's either one or the other. No in-between. Screenshot 20210527 222543 Instagram

Reactions: Symbiote, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Elysium Searcher and 2 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I have no idea if I'm intelligent or not. All I know is that I'm in constant pain and have to be on painkillers which I definitely feel have caused a marked decline in cognition. I feel dumb as a brick.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: unperson, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Elysium Searcher and 3 others
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018

Yet smarter people can live life on easy mode. The less mentally capable are always living in hard mode and will never be able to get out. You're right about these things and from what I said before these same results relating to the lower smarter classes will have a higher chance of suicide, when we combine both depression and low iq this can go over the six times chance.

Reactions: unperson, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, newave3 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't think i've ever been close to intelligent. When I was younger I struggled in education a lot. At the moment, I live in a constant fog, I struggle to concentrate and think straight, my overactive thoughts can get in the way.

• Hugs
Reactions: unperson, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
unperson

unperson

nontitle
May 8, 2021
So I know this probably refers to the IQ kind of intelligence but I wanted to add my two cents. I struggle with social and emotional intelligence quite a bit. And have poor executive function which means it's hard for me to delay gratification, tolerate discomfort, prioritize & plan, or exercise self control. Don't get me wrong, the logical-kind of intelligence is important too, but it seems like sometimes all it takes is one area of your brain function to be fucked in order to ruin your life. Idk, maybe this is self-pitying but I was reflecting on how there are some intellectually impaired people who are high-functioning and work and what the fuck am I doing? Socially I have moments of seeing people react with interest and it scares me because I know it's only surface level and idk how to have real friendships and relationships. I can analyze my emotions after the fact but in the moment I feel blind; I don't know how people are reacting in their head, I don't know what my own motives and feelings are, I only know the vague sense of confusion and disorientation and the fear of what peoples expressions might mean. Sometimes I lack the most basic common sense too. I wish we were all more balanced, it seems like having balance is the best fit for being a part of the world and feeling connected

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, FuneralCry, KadathianStr1d3r and 1 other person
P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I am a bit above average technically. But when it comes to people I am dumb as bricks.
People fool me, use me , abuse me and what not and I still don't understand I internalize it all and blame myself, it is only after someone explains me that I realize that the other person was wrong.
Also I judge people by how they talk to me and not by their actions
Sweet words make me think that the person is nice. Someone might be doing a lot for me but talking to me blunt and straightforward and I think that the person is bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
TakeMeBack07

TakeMeBack07

Failure
Jan 16, 2022
intelligence isn't that important, in my opinion. social ability and perceived status are way further ahead and are probably more likely to give you what you want

Last edited: