• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I guess many of us chronic suicidal people are suffering with emotional flashbacks from our toxic childhood. This book might help some of you understand what's happening to u and how to control learn to identify when u are in a flashback and regain control. Warning it can be triggering to read because you might be reminded of those painful events a little bit as he explains in detail what has caused all your problems in adulthood or adolescence. Something like over 90% of mental health conditions are the result of childhood trauma not because u are genetically flawed or something. Some people are certainly born more sensitive than others but many people don't even realize they had been traumatized because it happened in those first years of life when we are especially vulnerable. Here's a page. 2C24DD79 7E65 493F A394 47B7338168BA

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambie, Woodnote and Temporarilyabsurd
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I've never read it but as someone who had a traumatic childhood, I'm interested. I think I might check it out.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I have it , and skimmed it a bit .

I came across the James Bradshaw ( he refers to him in the bibliography I think )stuff years ago , while I was still in denial about my trauma ...

I think he is right on the money .

Therapeutic mindful awareness of our entire body being zonked by flashbacks and the frozen reaction ..
It all speaks to me .

I'm so bloody lazy with my attempts at improving my process ! UGH !

• Aww..
Reactions: Final Escape and Wreck-it-Riley
Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
Im gonna see if its an audio book :)

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's a difficult read and overwhelming. Ctb is certainly easier than having to do all this work just so u can like one day be a semi functioning human. It is not easy or fast to recover from childhood abuse depending on how severely u were neglected or abandoned. Probably looking at a couple years of work if not more, it's only a faster process if u work on things outside of therapy on your own.

It might be that I'm not up to it :( so much of whatever potential I had is gone and I'm already middle age. It just feels like what's the point now? So I can get through my old years alone and impoverished? I'll never have a family or own a home, or find a partner at my age. I'm already 42 and tired about to hit menopause which means more fatigue, lower motivation, decline from here on out. I just think maybe for young people it's worth trying to get over complex ptsd or like if u have family that u want to stick around for.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bct, LittleJem and Temporarilyabsurd
D

deadalready1969

Nov 5, 2019
Yes, that's a great book. I'd also recommend The Body Keeps the Score if you're interested in reading more about trauma, how it affects the body and mind, and ways to heal other than medication.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
If you want to read books that truly help then I would recommend Barry Long (spiritual teacher).
He also has a lot of stuff on youtube.