woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I don't have options other than death so I make peace with every part of me that will disappear: my future scientific work, all the dough I won't get to knead, knitting that I could not even start on, all my music that will be buried with me, the wonder at the asteroid I won't see, etc.

There is one thing that tortures me and I cannot make peace with: My smell will be lost. Really. Cannot bear it. Anybody has anything like that you cannot make peace with?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Garbage Person, voyager and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Your smell? Interesting, you're right.
In my case, I can't make peace with the future in general. I'm really curious and I'd like to see the human being reaching mars, aliens visiting (or invading) us, new seasons and chapters of shows and manga I follow, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, sadworld, Fehler and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Your smell? Interesting, you're right.
In my case, I can't make peace with the future in general. I'm really curious and I'd like to see the human being reaching mars, aliens visiting (or invading) us, new seasons and chapters of shows and manga I follow, etc.

There is so much exciting space stuff to be missed, yes...

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, sadworld and WornOutLife
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
Why do you want to CTB if that's okay to ask?

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Why do you want to CTB if that's okay to ask?

I don't, it is a forced suicide a.k.a. murder. My story is in my threads. But essentially, my husband has defrauded and tortured me, robbed me of any acceptable future.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, voyager, sadworld and 3 others
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
I don't, it is a forced suicide a.k.a. murder. My story is in my threads. But essentially, my husband has defrauded and tortured me, robbed me of any acceptable future.
Omg, I'm so sorry to hear this. Why are people like this smh. :/

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: XYZ and woxihuanni
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
The films I'll miss watching and the games I'll miss playing.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, voyager and woxihuanni
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The films I'll miss watching and the games I'll miss playing.

I was forgetting about videogames! Imagine all the final fantasies we'll miss!! Damn! :(

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, Pho3nix and woxihuanni
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
My heart breaks so much for you right now as I read this. In fact, I wear my heart on my sleeve, I am crying thinking of and for you.You are such a special person, warm, caring,loving,kind, thinking of other people, enough empathy for everyone. My wish for you is that you could get out and lead a normal life. You are so smart and it would be such a waste for humankind not to have you here. Please take great care of yourself. All the love, caring, empathy and support that we all ahve here towards you to help a fellow global family member!!!:heart::love:

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and Spitfire
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I don't have a specific issue like that, but loss smell sounds horrible and I can absolutely understand why you would find it intolerable; I think I would also be unable to cope with that. I will say though, of things I can't make peace with, the general phenomenon of pain, both psychological and physical, ranks foremost. I would love to be able to just stop caring and not take anything seriously, maybe then I could tolerate the valleys in life. But pain is like a whip that forces me into a serious mindset, I can't relax when it's always threatening to come back again. Alternatively, maybe one can find a source of joy in life so great, that it drowns out all the pain and makes life a net positive experience. But such a joy has remained elusive to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, voyager, woxihuanni and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
For me it's the next Rolling Stones tour.

@woxihuanni, I admire your sensitivity to aromas. Do you do something related to perfumery or aromatherapy?

• Hugs
  • Love
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
One of the things i can't make peace with is, how powerless i am in trying desperately to solve something unsolvable.
It is frustrating that no matter how much I reject it, I have to accept that certain things cannot and will never be changed.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, voyager and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
For me it's the next Rolling Stones tour.

@woxihuanni, I admire your sensitivity to aromas. Do you do something related to perfumery or aromatherapy?

Closest it gets is cooking/baking. But it is only my own natural smell that breaks my heart to destroy, not all the others I enjoy like lemon, vanilla, etc. Suppose because those smells will still exist.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
Depending on when i ctb, i will not see the finale of 15 years of Supernatural... that is kinda one thing keeping me holding on longer.
That, and the fact that my will kits haven't arrived yet... and neither has my means... but they're bought and due next week,
If anyone at Amazon is paying attention- they might pause a moment... lol...
But really there's nothing good about me that i think the world will miss. I'm just a drain on everyone- especially these days.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Closest it gets is cooking/baking. But it is only my own natural smell that breaks my heart to destroy, not all the others I enjoy like lemon, vanilla, etc. Suppose because those smells will still exist.

I was thinking maybe you could find a talented perfumer to create something reminiscent of your natural smell. Not like in the novel/film Perfume! But using essential oils and perfumery basics someone gifted might be able to create something that would remind you/others of your smell. You could ask aromatherapists in your vicinity if they'd be interested; I sure would be, if I were anywhere near you.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I was thinking maybe you could find a talented perfumer to create something reminiscent of your natural smell. Not like in the novel/film Perfume! But using essential oils and perfumery basics someone gifted might be able to create something that would remind you/others of your smell. You could ask aromatherapists in your vicinity if they'd be interested; I sure would be, if I were anywhere near you.

Thank you for putting thought into this, it is truly kind of you. Sadly, there is neither time nor anybody else who wil miss my smell.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and Soul
I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
I believe anarchy=peace,I want to see this world reset,I cannot make peace with the fact my dream of actual peace is never going to happen,I want to watch this world burn in chaos or see it change for the better

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic and woxihuanni
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for putting thought into this, it is truly kind of you. Sadly, there is neither time nor anybody else who wil miss my smell.
Can I ask what is causing you to lose your sense of smell?

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I often think about random aspects of me that will stop existing when I die but I am too depressed to care much

• Hugs
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I often think about random aspects of me that will stop existing when I die but I am too depressed to care much

In the end, we won't be able to care once dead. There is that comfort.

• Love
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
the wonder at the asteroid I won't see,

I want to live another 20 years just to see if NASA's Dragonfly mission to Titan will uncover anything exciting. Titan is the safest bet for finding (some sort of) life in the Solar System. Just the other day I was reading about some new carbon-based molecules that have been detected in its atmosphere.

Unfortunately Dragonfly will only launch in 2026 and arrive 8 years later. Add a couple more years to that for scientists to go through the data, and I'd say I'll have to be alive until 2040.

(As a footnote: I envy people who have the intelligence, passion and, above all, the ambition to work on such projects as Dragonfly. I feel like a bug compared to them.)
There is so much exciting space stuff to be missed, yes...

I think it was only in the early 90's that scientists discovered that elements heavier than hydrogen and helium were created inside of stars and by exploding supernovas. Like... 30 years ago kids literally would sit in the classroom looking at Mendeleevs table on the wall and the teacher would not be able to say where the elements came from.

And now we know. Such a basic fact, and yet it's only recently been discovered.

Makes me wonder what other "basic facts" scientists will discover 30 years from now...

Last edited:
  • Aww..
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I want to live another 20 years just to see if NASA's Dragonfly mission to Titan will uncover anything exciting. Titan is the safest bet for finding (some sort of) life in the Solar System. Just the other day I was reading about some new carbon-based molecules that have been detected in its atmosphere.

Unfortunately Dragonfly will only launch in 2026 and arrive 8 years later. Add a couple more years to that for scientists to go through the data, and I'd say I'll have to be alive until 2040.

(As a footnote: I envy people who have the intelligence, passion and, above all, the ambition to work on such projects as Dragonfly. I feel like a bug compared to them.)

I think it was only in the early 90's that scientists discovered that elements heavier than hydrogen and helium were created inside of stars and by exploding supernovas. Like... 30 years ago kids literally would sit in the classroom looking at Mendeleevs table on the wall and the teacher would not be able to say where the elements came from.

And now we know. Such a basic fact, and yet it's only recently been discovered.

Makes me wonder what other "basic facts" scientists will discover 30 years from now...

This hits very close to home. I started us on stargazing in summer, had always been into astronomy. And then, before I could even see Sirius... or bloody Venus.

Murder is bad.

Btw, I don't know if you already use it but sciencealert is good for space news. That's where I saw the Titan molecule, too.

• Love
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
This hits very close to home. I started us on stargazing in summer, had always been into astronomy. And then, before I could even see Sirius... or bloody Venus.

Murder is bad.

Btw, I don't know if you already use it but sciencealert is good for space news. That's where I saw the Titan molecule, too.

No, I don't use science alert. I usually read Space.com. They also have a forum where you can discuss space-related topics. But thx for the tip, I'll check it out :hug::heart:

• Love