UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
Everyday is literally the same for me. It's becoming quite maddening. It feels as if my day is over as soon as I wake up. Life is so boring. I have nothing going on for me. I do the same stuff every single day. The realization of how boring my life is is suffocating.

Anybody else feel like this?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, clown_17, WitheringAway and 23 others
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
Yep, that's relatable. I wish the plug would be pulled already…

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, botanormal, UninformedLover and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sometimes I feel that way but usually as soon as I do, things get even worse just to prove me wrong.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway, budgie, UseItOrLoseIt and 10 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Everyday is literally the same for me. It's becoming quite maddening. It feels as if my day is over as soon as I wake up. Life is so boring. I have nothing going on for me. I do the same stuff every single day. The realization of how boring my life is is suffocating.

Anybody else feel like this?
Yes this has been my life for weeks and weeks lol! It's pretty pathetic. I did go ride my bicycle yesterday but today I just sat in my room all day listening to music and watching videos on the internet. On twitter all morning.
Yep, that's relatable. I wish the plug would be pulled already…
Right lol! This is hell on earth.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: budgie, botanormal, lobster salad and 4 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Yep, its horrible.

Reactions: budgie, botanormal, UninformedLover and 6 others
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Everything around me has more or less stayed exactly the same going on nearly 2 decades now. As an agoraphobic hermit, I'm trapped in an existence of near complete stasis. The only measurable thing that ever seems to changes is how worse I feel. All I do is get older and plunge deeper down into my own personal pits of hell and misery. At least people who go outside have the possibility, however slim it might be, of something nice, or perhaps even life changing, happening to them. Meanwhile, there exists zero possibility for me at all. People who go outside and yet claim everyday is exactly the same for them, still at least have a slight chance for novelty somehow happening through their travels. When you're trapped indoors as a consequence of your very identity, as I am, you're basically in a position where literally nothing will ever happen to you at all and everything will forever be the same. 24/7 isolation destroys and denies the possibility of everything and anything.

The last 15 years of my life are an utter blur spent staring at walls in my room. Nothing exciting or noteworthy, in even the smallest degree, has happened to distinguish one year from another. It's literally just been me getting up and going to bed over and over, in excruciating repetition, and now here I am. I've long past the point of being able to take any of this anymore, but without a shotgun to blow my brains out with, I'm stuck languishing in my Groundhog Day like existence, growing even more insane from the tedious ad nauseam nature of it all. Whenever I wonder how many more empty tomorrows await me, suffering through my life as if it were just one long grind to the grave, the more I feel as if my brain is imploding inside my skull.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Élégie, UseItOrLoseIt and 9 others
articledon

articledon

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Absolutely, wake up, find the nearest bottle of alcohol and drink all it's contents,get on the laptop til the sun goes down and hope not to wake up the next morning.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Callie Arcale, UninformedLover and 5 others
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I actually feel quite the opposite. Every day there's a new stressor. I wish there'd just be no surprises for once...

• Hugs
Reactions: ihatemylife, UseItOrLoseIt, Callie Arcale and 4 others
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
Yeah 100%. I work from home now because of covid and everyday is the same routine. It isn't even worth going outside for a change of scenery because of the cold. It's maddening at times

Reactions: Callie Arcale, UninformedLover, CallOfTheVoid112 and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah 100%. I work from home now because of covid and everyday is the same routine. It isn't even worth going outside for a change of scenery because of the cold. It's maddening at times
This.
I'm normally a person who's very happy to life according to her routines and not do anything new or totally different but something about having to work from home day in and day out while under the pressure to do everything perfectly - it just slowly drives me mad.
I want to do something else or at least see something else for a change.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale, UninformedLover, CallOfTheVoid112 and 1 other person
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
This.
I'm normally a person who's very happy to life according to her routines and not do anything new or totally different but something about having to work from home day in and day out while under the pressure to do everything perfectly - it just slowly drives me mad.
I want to do something else or at least see something else for a change.
Saaaaaame. Pre-Covid I would have loved to have the option to work from home full time and live in peace. But the pressures from a terrible job mixed with forced isolation just isn't it. My number 1 "I quit" fantasy has shifted to getting a vaccine, giving my 2 minute notice to the big boss, and driving in whatever direction until I can't anymore.

Are you finding your co-workers or workplace in general have shifted all tone in communication within or across teams? At my job, everyone is more short tempered and maybe forget real people exist on the other side of the computer screen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale, UninformedLover, stygal and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Saaaaaame. Pre-Covid I would have loved to have the option to work from home full time and live in peace. But the pressures from a terrible job mixed with forced isolation just isn't it. My number 1 "I quit" fantasy has shifted to getting a vaccine, giving my 2 minute notice to the big boss, and driving in whatever direction until I can't anymore.

Are you finding your co-workers or workplace in general have shifted all tone in communication within or across teams? At my job, everyone is more short tempered and maybe forget real people exist on the other side of the computer screen.
Yes, for me it's like everyone is either also getting really short tempered or "over it" with a mixture of trying to impress our bosses and start to work really hard/expect everyone to do the same as of this week. Because they randomly tune in to control us now as they came under the impression that not everyone was taking home office seriously (which I really don't get) and it just adds more confusing/pressure to being already kind of "burnt out".
Hopefully your dream of getting vaccinated comes true very soon - I also want that more than anything at the moment.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ashedout, Callie Arcale and UninformedLover
ProfessionalFailure

ProfessionalFailure

Feb 19, 2021
This is definitely one of the biggest factors for me, im constantly feeling the clock tick down yet im always stuck in such a deeply depressed state that even though one of my biggest anxieties is the days passing by and running out of time I just cant help but feel as though im just reliving the same painful day

Makes doing anything incredibly stressful yet it hurts just as much knowing that day in day out I do nothing and nothing changes, feels so inevitable yet instead of finding peace in knowing that nothing will change and that im just waiting until its time, its just a painful descent

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale and UninformedLover
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
My days are all the same: one panic attack after the other from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. Watching the news is a big trigger for me because it gives me the sense that my time is winding down. The only thing that calms me down is being on this site.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Callie Arcale, UninformedLover and 2 others
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My anxiety is all my days, all my nights, all my dreams, all I see and all I feel. Nothing else is.

So yes, I live in perpetual monotony. A torturous monotony.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: UninformedLover and articledon

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Yup. It's today again.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: UninformedLover, UseItOrLoseIt, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
articledon

articledon

Student
Feb 27, 2021
My days are all the same: one panic attack after the other from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. Watching the news is a big trigger for me because it gives me the sense that my time is winding down. The only thing that calms me down is being on this site.
I totally agree, if not for this site I don't know what I'd do....so my sincere thank you to all the members for the support

• Love
Reactions: UninformedLover and Callie Arcale
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
Been living the same day for 2 years, one day I'll break the cycle.

• Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover, Final Escape and articledon
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Everything around me has more or less stayed exactly the same going on nearly 2 decades now. As an agoraphobic hermit, I'm trapped in an existence of near complete stasis. The only measurable thing that ever seems to changes is how worse I feel. All I do is get older and plunge deeper down into my own personal pits of hell and misery. At least people who go outside have the possibility, however slim it might be, of something nice, or perhaps even life changing, happening to them. Meanwhile, there exists zero possibility for me at all. People who go outside and yet claim everyday is exactly the same for them, still at least have a slight chance for novelty somehow happening through their travels. When you're trapped indoors as a consequence of your very identity, as I am, you're basically in a position where literally nothing will ever happen to you at all and everything will forever be the same. 24/7 isolation destroys and denies the possibility of everything and anything.

The last 15 years of my life are an utter blur spent staring at walls in my room. Nothing exciting or noteworthy, in even the smallest degree, has happened to distinguish one year from another. It's literally just been me getting up and going to bed over and over, in excruciating repetition, and now here I am. I've long past the point of being able to take any of this anymore, but without a shotgun to blow my brains out with, I'm stuck languishing in my Groundhog Day like existence, growing even more insane from the tedious ad nauseam nature of it all. Whenever I wonder how many more empty tomorrows await me, suffering through my life as if it were just one long grind to the grave, the more I feel as if my brain is imploding inside my skull.

Omg ure still around? I Liked your posts. it's good to see u again. Can't u go outside ever? What is your situation again? This sounds awful I'm sorry :( can u explain what happened where it became so closed off to everything?

Last edited:
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Honestly, it feels more like one looong day. Like, a grand total of 24 things will happen in my entire life. And in between these things there's just time, unmarked, unnamed, formless time.

• Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover and articledon
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
In my case, it doesn't matter how depressed, anxious, suicidal or happy I feel, my days are just way too short!

I'm getting older too fast. It's already March! I feel as if Christmas had been yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: UninformedLover and UseItOrLoseIt
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Omg ure still around? I Liked your posts. it's good to see u again. Can't u go outside ever? What is your situation again? This sounds awful I'm sorry :( can u explain what happened where it became so closed off to everything?

Yeah, I ended up drifting away from this site for a long time and only just came back recently. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my posts. Unfortunately, nothing really changed that much for for me in-between, but I did manage to accomplish a couple small things for myself. Overall however, I'm still pretty much stuck where I'm at. I still get outside from time to time with my mother accompanying me, but I could never do so alone. As for how I got in this position, well that's a damn long story. All I can say is that for very nearly the last 15 years, I haven't done anything on my own. I haven't talked to anyone, I haven't gone anywhere without one, or both, of my parents around, and ultimately I've really just hung around my house like a literal ghost for 99% of the duration. I was born with a very frail heart (not in a literal sense mind you, just that I'm very emotionally fragile) and a complete inability to form any sort of connective relationships to other people.

Quick version of my shitty life would be the following. I suffered a nervous breakdown when I entered the sixth grade, was pulled out of school for a short time, went to see a few therapists, finished sixth grade at the school board with a special tutor, reattended normal classes with other kids at the start of middle school with the help/emotional support of an EA (educational assistant), from the seventh to eighth grade I sort of pinballed around between the normal classroom and a separate area where I could relax and take my school work separately, still saw many therapists during this time and beyond, eventually I started highschool and for the first semester I was able to function like a normal human being without any outside assistance, second semester started and everything went to shit, had to stop attending school out of anxiety again, started going to the local library with a tutor and only barely finished the ninth grade in this fashion, the summer came and I got a brief job at a video store (back when those still existed) but quit after a few weeks, when the summer was over and school started again I never went back, decided to just drop out of life altogether and flush everything down the toilet. Nearly 15 years later and here I am. Every year has been just as stagnant and empty as the last. I have no online or IRL friends. All I have at this point is my mother and this forum. That's it.

I'm getting older too fast. It's already March! I feel as if Christmas had been yesterday!

Yes, same here. I've always found it funny how the phrase, "Don't live too fast" applies just as equally to an isolated hermit such as myself. Even though I do nothing, time feels likes it's constantly on fast forward. Without anything to distinguish the various points or years in my life, it all just blends together into a senseless blur. My days are so worthlessly uneventful that my brain doesn't even register their presence anymore. Time just keeps speeding up for me even though I'm doing nothing, but literally standing still the whole time. I'm pretty sure Vsauce once made a video about this. If the brain doesn't have novel experiences then this greatly inhibits the process of neurogenesis. Without neurogenesis and the formation of distinctive and meaningful memories, then the scale of one's life will only begin to resemble a great big blob of nothing, thereby making it appear as if time keeps moving faster. Remember how when you were a kid and each year seemed so long in comparison to now? That's because as you live longer each proceeding year means less than it did when you were younger on account of your experiences. Unless someone has new experiences, then this process of negative time dilation is only compounded. For someone like me, it's like my life is playing at 10x the speed it ought to because I've done nothing, but stagnate for the past 15 years.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UninformedLover, Élégie, Dead Meat and 1 other person
A

angelfeather

Student
Oct 31, 2020
Yes this is my life. Everyday is the same regardless of what I'm doing or feel like. DFA41689 018D 4AFD 9029 C7F02626FE33

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, UninformedLover, Élégie and 2 others
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Kind of. I once had this problem before, but even though nothing changed, I'm not bothered by it. I guess it's about perspective.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I see life as tedious and repetitive. It is all pointless, all we are doing is waiting around for death to come - our inevitable fate. I do not like living at all.

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I feel like there's a Charles Bukowski poem for nearly every thread on this cite.

the words have come and gone,
I sit ill.
the phone rings, the cats sleep.
Linda vacuums.
I am waiting to live,
waiting to die.
I wish I could ring in some bravery.
it's a lousy fix
but the tree outside doesn't know:
I watch it moving with the wind
in the late afternoon sun.
there's nothing to declare here,