Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
No matter if I work, relax at home, or focus on my breathe it seems time flies by me like a racecar. I'll turn around every now and then and there's a new store built near me. If happiness were to hit me one day, it wouldn't matter because of how quickly it passes. This is crazy and it's getting worse the older I get.

• Hugs
Reactions: bed, Skathon, miserableforever and 15 others
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Yes. It only seems to get worse. I just wish death would come quick too

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, Skathon, miserableforever and 6 others
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
No matter if I work, relax at home, or focus on my breathe it seems time flies by me like a racecar. I'll turn around every now and then and there's a new store built near me. If happiness were to hit me one day, it wouldn't matter because of how quickly it passes. This is crazy and it's getting worse the older I get.
Yes! Since birth

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, newave3, NobodyKnowsMe and 3 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020

I dissociate constantly, but am not allowed! I find it helps as it whiles away unknown hours

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, NobodyKnowsMe, allesistgut and 1 other person
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I get severely scared manytimes when I realise that years have passed by, with me being in absolute dissociation. My long lasting history of traumas and abuses just make this worse. It's hard to even accept the reality now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Arvinneedstodie, newave3 and 4 others
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i dissociate a lot, my perception of time is getting worse and worse i think and time keeps going by and i wish it wouldn't. all of a sudden five months have passed and i don't understand how. it'd be nice if i could just be frozen in certain moments in time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Black Sky, Skathon, Marine and 2 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Yes, it's my biggest issue. My brain throws a tantrum when I try to work on it too. I know it's just severe PTSD. My memory is jacked up and so is my sense of self. I'm just surviving at the moment, not living. It scares me.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, allesistgut, Marine and 3 others
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I'm almost 60 and I have definitely dissociated most of my life. I suppose it is even possible that if I could have stayed present more then I might have enjoyed more of life and not be in the state I'm in now. However, childhood trauma required the dissociation in order to survive and it just became a common part of my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, rationaltake, OpheliasFlowers and 6 others
Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
Video games, television, drugs. I have buried my mind in them for countless years. Disassociating sucks but now I find reality to be a dissapointing horror story

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trezzohno, Skathon, Élégie and 4 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I'm listening to that right now :

And she seems to think that learning to be present in the moment is one of the keys to healing trauma. I know I can do it to some extent, sometimes all I have to comfort myself is focus on my surroundings and it's kind of soothing if I can sustain it for a while.

It works especially well with nature but not necessarily. Martial arts, energy based practices but also walking and stuff like music, binaural beats, art, anything you can focus on tends to help. Focusing on people too.

I'm personally going to follow that lead for now anyway. It would explain why everything I've tried so far failed because I've never truly inhabited my body and I'd like to succeed if I can.

Reactions: rationaltake
Tomoko

Tomoko

Unpopular
Aug 12, 2021
Yes, and it comes in waves. Sometimes I live in the moment for months, other times I dissociate even longer.

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
image.php

Every day, baby.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, NobodyKnowsMe and Élégie