P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I don't know how to feel about it I am worried that I will be disappointed or bored and that their won't be as much horror or creepy moments as there were in the previous films mixed in with some mystery stuff

I really want to learn more about Maxxxine's preacher father I feel like there could be a lot to talk about it show there but that may not happen although the focus is on her and her movie acting career after the events of X

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'm excited about it. X was fun and I really loved Pearl (I enjoyed more than I enjoyed X, tbh). Both X and Pearl were so different from each other, so I wonder how MaXXXine is going to standout from the first two films.

Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I'm excited about it. X was fun and I really loved Pearl (I enjoyed more than I enjoyed X, tbh). Both X and Pearl were so different from each other, so I wonder how MaXXXine is going to standout from the first two films.
oh phew I am glad I wasnt the only one who liked Pearl more than X I think it either has to do with the genre they are going for or because Sam Levingston or whatever his name is directed it (same director as Euphoria) (reasons why I didn't really care much for X)

I think it will be different because if you think about the last 2 films it's almost like not only are they go through different time periods but also different genres of horror throughout the years

the classic exploitative slasher with sexual undertones, the dramatic horror with more psychological stuff, so I am excited for Maxxxine because I am hoping it will be different by showcasing the classic 80s slasher film with all the tropes ! fingers crossed ! šŸ¤ž

Last edited:
Reactions: EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
oh phew I am glad I wasnt the only one who liked Pearl more than X I think it either has to do with the genre they are going for or because Sam Levingston or whatever his name is directed it (same director as Euphoria)

I think it will be different because if you think about the last 2 films it's almost like not only are they go through different time periods but also different genres of horror throughout the years

the classic exploitative slasher with sexual undertones, the dramatic horror with more psychological stuff, so I am excited for Maxxxine because I am hoping it will be different by showcasing the classic 80s slasher film with all the tropes ! fingers crossed ! šŸ¤ž
I think I preferred Pearl more because of it being a more in-depth look at a particular character. We learn a lot about Pearl, from her dreams, her life, her relationships, her sexuality, her views of herself, and how her experiences and feelings led to her increasingly violent behaviour. That 8 minute monologue scene was amazing and I found myself feeling sympathetic towards her and even relating to her to some extent.

While I like X and it's exploration if sex it definitely felt pretty underwhelming in comparison to Pearl.

• Love
Reactions: psp3000