• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
I planned to CTB in a nice hotel somewhere, where no one can hear the sounds I make. Unfortunately, I don't think I can do that without arousing suspicion. I suppose doing it in the comfort of my room isn't bad too.
However, from what I saw, using SN to CTB tend to make some involuntary sounds. I also live with others, so I don't want anyone to hear me when I do it. Anyone know any way I can muffle the sounds I make? Anecdotally, when I wear a cloth mask, my voice is muffled and hard to hear. However, I'm unsure if a piece of cloth is enough.
Anyone have any recommendations on what masks muffles the most noise, or any other way to reduce the involuntary sounds I will make? Thank you

• Love
Reactions: rei71
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Yeah I don't think you can really control what sounds you make when the SN is taking effect.

Im thinking of taking a tent into the forest at night so that way no one is going to hear me.

Reactions: Scacie
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
Only thing I could suggest is wrapping a pillow around your face with a belt

Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
Might try that, thank you. I also looked into research into masks and apparently cloth masks blocks the most sound. I will do more testing and research in the weeks ahead

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022

That doesn't sound great tbh.
Shortness of breath is often described it as a symptom and I think that would just make you panic more. Plus could always vomit into it.

Reactions: nonialabaster and Scacie
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
That doesn't sound great tbh.
Shortness of breath is often described it as a symptom and I think that would just make you panic more. Plus could always vomit into it.
I'm not telling you personally to do it, it's just a suggestion for the OP

Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
Yea, hmm. I wish I could just go elsewhere to do it, it'd so much easier. Hopefully the many sedatives I will take will knock me out and the domperidone does its job. Does anyone know the % of people who vomitted even with AE?
Does anyone know if I will make any sounds once I'm unconscious?
If I'm asphyxiating, then whatever happens will be pure SI, even when I'm unconscious yea?

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
I'm not telling you personally to do it, it's just a suggestion for the OP

I understand.

Just think there's no easy options and think the pros and cons should be thought about.
Yea, hmm. I wish I could just go elsewhere to do it, it'd so much easier. Hopefully the many sedatives I will take will knock me out and the domperidone does its job. Does anyone know the % of people who vomitted even with AE?
If I'm asphyxiating, then whatever happens will be pure SI, even when I'm unconscious yea?

Yeah you will probably make sounds when struggling for breath. If you are unconscious though you won't be aware of any of it.

Reactions: nonialabaster and Scacie
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I think you're talking about the death rattle. It can be disturbing to hear, but not much louder than heavy snoring during sleep. When my husband was dying at home, under hospice care, the docs prescribed medication to stop the sound. That was for the benefit of the family. Once you're that far gone, it causes no distress to the dying patient. I never had to use it, as he went unconscious a few hours before he died and was just gently breathing, with a soft sigh, until he died.

His hospice nurse prepared me for the sound (which never came) and told me it would be distressing. I asked her, "Does it sound like a cornered animal? Hissing, that sort of thing?" She said it can sound like that, but usually is like grunts and snores that a heavily asleep or intoxicated person would make.

Point is, no hotel worker would think twice about hearing those sounds. I used to work at a boutique hotel and did breakfast room service. I'd hear such sounds every morning and never thought twice about them.

I would not recommend wearing anything over your face. There's a good chance you will vomit, using the SN method, and you don't want to CTB, aspirating your vomit. Incredibly painful.

• Hugs
Reactions: redbathingduck, SorrowMind and Scacie
W

wellherewego_

Mar 21, 2023
You could always rent a private AirBnB. But I would take extra precautions as to protect where you are staying and to leave a note outside so to minimize the trauma of the owner who may potentially be the one finding you

Reactions: nonialabaster
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
You could always rent a private AirBnB. But I would take extra precautions as to protect where you are staying and to leave a note outside so to minimize the trauma of the owner who may potentially be the one finding you
That's a good idea. As I said in another thread, I plan to close both of my bedroom doors with a note taped on one, that will say. "Dead body inside. Call the police." I don't want my very kind landlord or his super sweet assistant to open my front door, looking for late rent and stumble across my body. I'd imagine that a person who dies from SN does not leave a beautiful corpse.
I'm lucky that I live alone, in a single-family house, with neighbors who mind their own business. They're nice and friendly, but we keep to ourselves on my quiet street.

Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
That's nice, I kinda envy you. Sadly I'm living with my abusive parents, and my worst nightmare is for me to somehow wake them up and be 'saved'. Still unsure on how to solve that problem yet. Unless anyone has any ideas on how to soundproof a room in 2 weeks lol.
Sadly I might be forced to get a hotel, which means I can't leave with my beloved plushies by my side...
Also need to think of a believable excuse to disappear for at least 1 day...Maybe yall have tips? Thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I have heard other people on here advising against trying to use BnBs to CTB in not just due to it most likely upsetting the landlord/cleaners, but can also get them into additional trouble with the police (or at the very least they will have to go through awkward meetings with them just to prove they had nothing to do with your death).

Most hotels apparently have some kind of insurance and/or protocol that makes it easier for them to handle these kinds of situations. If you think any sounds you make while taking your SN is going to be an issue, the only thing I can suggest is camping out in a very secluded forest or somewhere where people are very unlikely to come across you.

Soundproofing a room is no easy feat I can assure you. I tried myself but for different non-CTB related reasons and gave up.

Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
I have heard other people on here advising against trying to use BnBs to CTB in not just due to it most likely upsetting the landlord/cleaners, but can also get them into additional trouble with the police (or at the very least they will have to go through awkward meetings with them just to prove they had nothing to do with your death).

Most hotels apparently have some kind of insurance and/or protocol that makes it easier for them to handle these kinds of situations. If you think any sounds you make while taking your SN is going to be an issue, the only thing I can suggest is camping out in a very secluded forest or somewhere where people are very unlikely to come across you.

Soundproofing a room is no easy feat I can assure you. I tried myself but for different non-CTB related reasons and gave up.
Well this sucks.... Definitely not gonna CTB in a forest lol. I hate nature, with all the bugs and mosquito bites... Plus if I really need to CTB in a hotel, I'd wanna bring as many plushies as possible with me hahah
Are hotel rooms not soundproof? From previous replies I'd probably make some death rattles before I pass, and they aren't too loud...
Maybe doing it in my room can be fine. I tested it with some loud sounds, and only faint muffles can be heard from the other rooms, but I don't like leaving this up to chance

• Love
Reactions: Shadowlord900
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Well this sucks.... Definitely not gonna CTB in a forest lol. I hate nature, with all the bugs and mosquito bites... Plus if I really need to CTB in a hotel, I'd wanna bring as many plushies as possible with me hahah
Are hotel rooms not soundproof? From previous replies I'd probably make some death rattles before I pass, and they aren't too loud...
Maybe doing it in my room can be fine. I tested it with some loud sounds, and only faint muffles can be heard from the other rooms, but I don't like leaving this up to chance
Holy shit, I plan on bringing my plush toys with me when I plan to CTB too!

If you have the money, you could try booking a lodge from a holiday chain of sorts. It was something I was thinking about making a topic for myself soon.

• Love
Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
AAA ME TOO. Sadly if I do it outside I probably can't bring my big blahaj :( I love her alot
I do have money, can book a night at the best hotel in town lol.
Sadly, my parents can see the amount of money I have in that bank acc, and would probably be pretty suspicious if 700$ just went missing...

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
AAA ME TOO. Sadly if I do it outside I probably can't bring my big blahaj :( I love her alot
I do have money, can book a night at the best hotel in town lol.
Sadly, my parents can see the amount of money I have in that bank acc, and would probably be pretty suspicious if 700$ just went missing...
Hey, if it's a nice hotel, can't you just say you want to take a vacation by yourself? Or are your parents' not likely to buy that? X____x

Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
Hey, if it's a nice hotel, can't you just say you want to take a vacation by yourself? Or are your parents' not likely to buy that? X____x
Don't think they will, sadly. I mean, Singapore is just a city so they definitely wont buy it hahah.
If I had enough money I would just disappear. Buy a plane ticket to somewhere far away and do it there, sigh

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowlord900