• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
I have three months worth of rent money left and no social security to use since my case falls between two stools.

I don't really want to ctb at the moment and I also don't want to be homeless, so I was wondering if you could think of any option for a person to live on no or extremely little money (maybe $100–200/month for everything)?

Maybe if there's like a collective for people with mental illnesses or otherwise open to them? Or literally any other option where I can live for at least a couple of months and sort things out.

(I don't have a car or a tent so I can't live there.)

chaosdrifter

chaosdrifter

Mar 20, 2024
hey there!

to help you with this, it would be helpful to know more about the place you live (where in the world/which country)?
spontaneously, there are multiple ideas, that came to my mind:

housing
are there maybe squats around where you live?
would you be willing to leave your city or maybe even your country for some time?
maybe try asking on trustroots or be welcome? both of them are couchsurfing platforms, but they don't have a fee for your registration and the crowd is more outcasts/misfits/longterm travelers and i've really met cool people. if u're in north america, squat the planet could work, in europe there is a signal/matrix group of hitchwiki, where some people are housed and might be open to host you for some time or at least they will know nice places/collectivs that you could ask.

food
if u haven't yet, consider dumpster diving. this, again, depends on the place where u live.
are there foodbanks?
sometimes, shops/bakeries are friendly if u ask for leftovers (if u want a soft start, try organic shops at first, they are usually extremly nice).
in some towns/cities in europe there are food sharing shelfs where people bring food they can't eat or that they've dumpster dived/companies bring food they can't sell anymore.

if u have more questions, feel free to reach out anytime :-)
i hope u find some hope and solutions u can feel comfortable with!

• Love
Reactions: spicyfriedtofu
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
yes find a shelter, it exists. if not then i dont know, but use gym for showering, use public wifi, eat in mcdonalds, use public restrooms, seems livable but quite unbearable.

Reactions: spicyfriedtofu
S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
hey there!

to help you with this, it would be helpful to know more about the place you live (where in the world/which country)?
spontaneously, there are multiple ideas, that came to my mind:

housing
are there maybe squats around where you live?
would you be willing to leave your city or maybe even your country for some time?
maybe try asking on trustroots or be welcome? both of them are couchsurfing platforms, but they don't have a fee for your registration and the crowd is more outcasts/misfits/longterm travelers and i've really met cool people. if u're in north america, squat the planet could work, in europe there is a signal/matrix group of hitchwiki, where some people are housed and might be open to host you for some time or at least they will know nice places/collectivs that you could ask.

food
if u haven't yet, consider dumpster diving. this, again, depends on the place where u live.
are there foodbanks?
sometimes, shops/bakeries are friendly if u ask for leftovers (if u want a soft start, try organic shops at first, they are usually extremly nice).
in some towns/cities in europe there are food sharing shelfs where people bring food they can't eat or that they've dumpster dived/companies bring food they can't sell anymore.

if u have more questions, feel free to reach out anytime :-)
i hope u find some hope and solutions u can feel comfortable with!

These are great tips! Thank you so much!

I do have some social anxiety and depression, so I'm not always the most outgoing person, though. And obviously you need to be very sociable to do many of these things, but I will definitely check the sites and out see if I could make anything work.

Ideally, I would want to find something long-term and stable, but I know that's going to be hard. I'm in Sweden, but definitely willing to move countries.

• Hugs
Reactions: chaosdrifter
chaosdrifter

chaosdrifter

Mar 20, 2024
These are great tips! Thank you so much!

I do have some social anxiety and depression, so I'm not always the most outgoing person, though. And obviously you need to be very sociable to do many of these things, but I will definitely check the sites and out see if I could make anything work.

Ideally, I would want to find something long-term and stable, but I know that's going to be hard. I'm in Sweden, but definitely willing to move countries.
ok, i get that. it's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed in ur situation, especially when dealing with social anxiety and depression.
are u eligible to get welfare/any state money?
do u have access to support or counseling with social workers?

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
ok, i get that. it's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed in ur situation, especially when dealing with social anxiety and depression.
are u eligible to get welfare/any state money?
do u have access to support or counseling with social workers?

Well, I'm kind of in a problematic situation where I'm too sick to work but not sick enough to receive disability insurance, so if I do apply for welfare I would still have to be looking for jobs. So obviously it's not a long-term solution. I would just be able to work for maybe a couple of months at max and then fall into depression like my regular pattern for the last 20 years. I can't do it anymore.

Eventually I will ctb, I'm just testing the last few options I have left.

chaosdrifter

chaosdrifter

Mar 20, 2024
ah okay, now i understand better.
i'm sorry, that causes you to consider to ctb even if you didn't want to do so lately.
if you have any more specific questions or you just want to talk, feel free to dm me anytime! (sometimes it can take me a few days to reply though)