H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
I really want to go. But I still cannot CTB... my family is one of the reasons. Therefore I pray for becoming terminally ill. Is there any way in your opinion to make that happen?

Maybe I'm being stupid but.... maybe there is something I could eat/drink (regularly?) to get a serious illness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
hmmmm. ik w Münchausen Syndrome ppl have slowly poisoned themselves to appear like they were developing a grave illness. i'd do some research on that. it's prob pretty painful though, & pretty hard to get ur hands on smthg like that.

i'd also imagine that if doctors catch it they'd be able to treat it, & then you'd be in a worse spot than before. if u weren't too far gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: hannila_m
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Well, not that I would recommend that bc it's painful and very slow: lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), arsenic (As) and lead to long term poisoning and health issues that can lead to severe health issues and death if they are consumed long term and in small amounts.

I would rather not hope to become terminally ill by long term poisoning it just increases your suffering.

idontwantausername

idontwantausername

Jan 5, 2024
There isn't really a lot you can do in this regard. Anything lifestyle related is going to be an incredibly slow process and not even guaranteed. My 109 year old relative smoked multiple packs a day and I never even saw her cough.

It's a bit of a silly idea but the only thing that really comes to mind as a possibility would be booking a flight to kyiv then making the 138 km journey to chernobyl. From there you would have to sneak into the restricted zone a feat I have no idea the difficulty of, maybe it's stepping over a fence maybe it's running out of north Korea under a hail of gunfire. After breaching the restricted zone you would have to make your way to the most radioactive area in the zone the former site of reactor 4. Hang around there for a few hours and I'm sure you'll end up with some kind of cancer.

Like I said it's a silly and imprwc idea but it's the best I could come up with for the thought experiment.

• Informative
Reactions: stuckinthemud, Praestat_Mori and hannila_m
H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
Well, not that I would recommend that bc it's painful and very slow: lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), arsenic (As) and lead to long term poisoning and health issues that can lead to severe health issues

is there any way to ingest it?

U

uniqueusername12

Jan 18, 2024
I really want to go. But I still cannot CTB... my family is one of the reasons. Therefore I pray for becoming terminally ill. Is there any way in your opinion to make that happen?

Maybe I'm being stupid but.... maybe there is something I could eat/drink (regularly?) to get a serious illnes

Maybe I'm being stupid but.... maybe there is something I could eat/drink (regularly?) to get a serious illness.
I totally get where you are coming from. I keep hoping I'll go into a coma or get an illness just the pressure can be off me.

If I am of no use. People's attitudes towards me would be so different.

• Aww..
H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
I totally get where you are coming from. I keep hoping I'll go into a coma or get an illness just the pressure can be off me.

If I am of no use. People's attitudes towards me would be so different.
oh yes...hoping to get into coma! my everyday dream!
I feel you :aw:

U

uniqueusername12

Jan 18, 2024
oh yes...hoping to get into coma! my everyday dream!
I feel you :aw:
Sorry to hear that. The worst part of life is that decent people who care feel like this. Not the ones who cause the issues.

• Aww..
Reactions: hikikomorizombie and hannila_m
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
is there any way to ingest it?
Idk any specifics, you can search the web for lead poisoning (respective: mercury or arsenic) but I think lead salts are the easiest to get hands on.

A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
Hi

I'm not judging you, but usually a serious illness leads to terrible physical torment and dependence on other people.

I've seen a lot of that in my life.

So I don't think it's a good idea.

That's just my opinion.

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Jolene79, Glandular, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
N

no-name9859472882

Student
May 16, 2021
Develop a drinking problem eventually it will kill your liver and kill you

Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Hard to not judge. I'm only here because of a serious physical illness that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.
As mentioned before - such an illness, even a terminal one, will leave you alive long enough to suffer in ways you cannot imagine. And if you have problems with your family - be prepared to be totally dependent on other people to take care of you. Physical illnesses are not an easy or pleasent way out. Sorry.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Das Nichts, anxious_depressive, divinemistress36 and 2 others