Mirved46

Mirved46

Oct 6, 2023
Maybe even this is "asking too much things" from the world, but I would love to get a fatal disease and die from it.
I dont care if its painful. The only thing is I would not want it to be very expensive to live with (think like.. chemotherapy?) because I dont want to burden my parents who are already not in a good economical situation.
Is there any way to get a disease like I mention that would kill me in 5-10 years? Again sorry if me wishing for it to be not costly is too much.
I know you cant just magically get diseases. I am just asking for things that could cause one.
I dont smoke or drink or anything like that currently. I dont plan to because these things taste awful to me

Thank you

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Maybe even this is "asking too much things" from the world, but I would love to get a fatal disease and die from it.
I dont care if its painful. The only thing is I would not want it to be very expensive to live with (think like.. chemotherapy?) because I dont want to burden my parents who are already not in a good economical situation.
Is there any way to get a disease like I mention that would kill me in 5-10 years? Again sorry if me wishing for it to be not costly is too much.
I know you cant just magically get diseases. I am just asking for things that could cause one.
I dont smoke or drink or anything like that currently. I dont plan to because these things taste awful to me

Thank you
I'm sorry but it's unlikely. My sister has been diagnosed with leukemia and I feel jealous. I feel a bit guilty saying that.
I'm 63 and have family but I've told them if I had cancer I would refuse treatment.
I read posts like this and it's the same thoughts I have. To anyone else it would be bizarre. For us it's a rational longing for the struggle to be over.

Take care

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, larastoned and Mirved46
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
there are probably ways but the medical field will keep you alive as long as possible to make money off your suffering. why 5-10 yrs?

Mirved46

Mirved46

Oct 6, 2023
there are probably ways but the medical field will keep you alive as long as possible to make money off your suffering. why 5-10 yrs?
Honestly I just have some things I still want to do now. Im taking care of my animals and stuff.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
oh nice! an animal lover myself. what do you care for?

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
hope not a long living talking bird. currently none thus i don't need that long to go. i've cared for all sorts. probably too many to mention and most won't care. but i loved my dogs the most.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mirved46
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
If you've ever considered moving to Canada, you can apply for MAID. You'd have to meet all the criteria though. According to google, colon cancer is on the rise in people under 50 due to poor lifestyle habits, but there's definitely also a genetic component to it. I'm not a doctor so not sure what the likelihood of getting that cancer is for someone with no family history of cancer and is currently healthy.
I'm sorry but it's unlikely. My sister has been diagnosed with leukemia and I feel jealous. I feel a bit guilty saying that.
I'm 63 and have family but I've told them if I had cancer I would refuse treatment.
I read posts like this and it's the same thoughts I have. To anyone else it would be bizarre. For us it's a rational longing for the struggle to be over.

Take care
This has also crossed my mind and I too would deny treatment. I would just opt for drugs to keep me comfortable until the cancer spread to the point where I could be eligible for MAID.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
The cumulative cost of that is just so high that it doesn't make sense... if you're in a bad financial situation why would you spend a continuous amount of money on a repeated habit instead of doing a one off?

If you're reliant on your parents, would they legitimately let you refuse healthcare? This sounds like a bad plan and I don't see why you shouldn't stay healthy and wait 5-10 years for your special moment.

I think AIDS, but I heard that has a cure nowadays and that the danger of it is widely overblown in order to fear monger kids from having sex.