D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
I had a weird dream where I was really good at playing violin, I actually have one.
How do I learn to play? I'm sure there are youtube tutorials but what should I start with?
Thanks,

Reactions: pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Hi, okay this are my go to's in general , violin/viola/cello They all have some interchangeability <-- SPELLING !

Roy Sonne's channel School of Violin Artistry

Mitch Reed Music Lessons Cajun Fiddle

TwoSetViolin - A bit goofy but these guys are awesome

Inbal Segev Cello

The Online Piano & Violin Tutor

There's tons more of course, most importantly, just start playing.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Deleted member 14386
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I spoke with many musicians when I visited the hospital I'm dealing with. I can offer two advices.
The first is avoid BCRich like the fucking plague, though that comes from my own experience.

The other, however, is both easy and difficult: Practice.
When I wasa free man I did not understand the word properly. Now I do.
When I first tried learning the guitar, I played maybe ten, maybe twenty minutes a week. After epilepsy hit, I understood what "I don't have enough time" really means.
Considering the mechanics of my seizures, I cannot do this myself, however, should I become a free man, I will properly execute what I call "operation musical monk".
I spoke about this with several musicians about this and we all agreed - if I'm insane and strong enough to huddle apart in my apartment and spent every damn second I have on practice and fucking around with the guitar, even ignoring the fact I'm bleeding (which has happened once), I would become "good" in no time.
The problem, of course, is the definition of "good". I'm a bit of an overachiever on certain things.