DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
I've met mostly Civilians on this form. wondering if there are any Veterans out there who stared down the sights of a gun barrel and now left to swaying on the edge of the other side.

Introduce yourself if you will or share what you may.

Last edited:
S

solidm

May 25, 2023
I'm a vet. I'm messed up pretty good from stuff. I've lost several people, some by their choice. You do things to stay alive, but you give up part of you in the process. I don't regret any of it, except not being the one that died in place of others. It sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
I have some real bad physical injuries that i incurred. I have not been able to leave home now in 11 years. Mainly bedbound. Its what has lead me to ctb. Im trying to hold out a little longer to finish a couple things up.

• Hugs
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
I don't regret any of it, except not being the one that died in place of others. It sucks.
Which is why I find it awkward when they call me or anyone who came back in one piece a "hero." The real heroes are the ones who never made it back, or whose hands you'll never get to shake.

Been pretty fucked up myself after coming home. Most by my own doing. The rest is history soon.
I have some real bad physical injuries that i incurred. I have not been able to leave home now in 11 years. Mainly bedbound. Its what has lead me to ctb. Im trying to hold out a little longer to finish a couple things up.
Hang in there. I'll be clocking out soon. See you on the other side.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Sonny77

Sonny77

Aug 17, 2023
I served in the military as a machine gunner and medic. Luckily didn't experience a real war. If you have it, you may be suffering from post-traumatic disorder. Unfortunately :(

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
I served in the military as a machine gunner and medic. Luckily didn't experience a real war. If you have it, you may be suffering from post-traumatic disorder. Unfortunately :(
PTSD is a Civilian psyche diagnosis billing code for first-world problem trauma

Educating in Psyop (mostly kids) on unexploded ordnance They'd kick cans around and shit. You can imagine the rest. Seeing adults pieces is one thing, but to kids, it is another level.

Last edited: