3FormsofUnhappiness

3FormsofUnhappiness

Jul 7, 2023
I've always had these disorders since a few years back and of course it was hard to be in school but somehow right now it got way harder. I was a lonely kid back then and i still am now but I'm not able to cope with it. I failed a ton of suicide attempts for the past 2 months so now I'm just considering 'recovering' for a bit because we know how hard it is to CTB.. Its like this is my only other choice other than CTB. But anyways, I'm a JHS student, I suffer from mental disorders ever since my Elem days - but I get by in school fair enough up until now. My average grades were always around 90-94 but the thing is now the symptoms of these disorders are starting to grow and grow and grow, therefore I am starting to miss out on school more and slack off more and overall I just get so stressed and tired - I was like this years ago but I can at least handle it to the point of decent grades but now its like everything heightened and I'm living my life on a thread.
I'm having my Unit test this week, I'm supposed to be in school today but I went absent because the feeling just hurts so much. I used to at least enjoy studying and the thought I'm gaining knowledge but now I feel like I can't.. I like math but I'm especially struggling in math - I'm always getting inconsistent and low scores on assignments and math is graded as mostly a written work based subject. I can grasp concepts fairly fine and can understand due to stock knowledge on other subjects but when it comes to memorization of textbook definitions it kills me, and I need to work on this too if I want a good grade because our exams are always based on Identification, enumeration,etc. on most subjects.

I hope someone can answer my question - thank you for taking your time to read this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BojackHorseman, dead_milky, EternalShore and 1 other person
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I'm sorry, and I do hope you feel better soon. :( It sucks when people in middle and elementary school have to go through such terrible things since those days are truly the best in your life! :(
However, I do have to ask, how old are you?

Reactions: AshClouds
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Looks like you may be removed soon. It may help you to discover how to learn efficiently. Justin Sung seems helpful here

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
3FormsofUnhappiness

3FormsofUnhappiness

Jul 7, 2023
Thank you. I'm of legal age already actually (18) - but I was held back 3 years in the last year of elem because of these certain circumstances that got me where I am today. Everytime I remind myself I could've already been in the same years as my old batchmates though we weren't exactly close, I still get upset. Of course I do, I just want this whole thing to end or go away faster.
Looks like you may be removed soon. It may help you to discover how to learn efficiently. Justin Sung seems helpful here
Removed soon? And yes I know who Justin Sung is. He seems to give good advice. But the thing is I really don't know how to follow through with it, or when I watch his videos i get lost because I can't focus at all really my attention span is pretty bad. It would be nice if there something that can break down his techniques for me to digest and do immediately.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SexyIncél and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Removed soon?
He figured you were underage as I did as well~ Which is good that you're not! :) (Well, except I like kids more [altho, they should be banned from sewer slide websites! xD])
Unfortunately, I don't know any good general study techniques myself! :( I just force myself to go to school no matter how I'm physical/mental health-wise! >_< If you showed me what content you were specifically having trouble with, I could help if need be! :)
For math tho, I generally just copy off what the teacher is doing on the board and mimic the method to the best of my ability when I do the assignments/tests. For memorization, flash cards are best, but they take a million years to make! >_< Sooo... I'd recommend writing all the words and definitions on a sheet and going through it and looking at each definition that way! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3FormsofUnhappiness
3FormsofUnhappiness

3FormsofUnhappiness

Jul 7, 2023
He figured you were underage as I did as well~ Which is good that you're not! :) (Well, except I like kids more [altho, they should be banned from sewer slide websites! xD])
Unfortunately, I don't know any good general study techniques myself! :( I just force myself to go to school no matter how I'm physical/mental health-wise! >_< If you showed me what content you were specifically having trouble with, I could help if need be! :)
For math tho, I generally just copy off what the teacher is doing on the board and mimic the method to the best of my ability when I do the assignments/tests. For memorization, flash cards are best, but they take a million years to make! >_< Sooo... I'd recommend writing all the words and definitions on a sheet and going through it and looking at each definition that way! :)
I see, that makes sense thank you for the clarification :). And thank you for some tips. I do the same thing for math but but hnhhnh its really hard to do so especially if math is first period every day of the week and on top of that, this class starts at 6 AM.. Then we are given assignments for the next day all the while school ends around 5PM now. Its a bit hard because I get home late and I only have limited time to complete math to pass for the next day and a lot other assignments, and we all know for people who are not as proficient at math (like myself) it really takes time and trial and error

. I do have a specific problem with algebra, it might just be that I don't possess any sort of conceptual understanding of algebra I dunno. What I observed in schools in my country at least is that when people teach math it is clearly only being taught for the sake of knowing how to use a solution in given problems -- but there is a lack of teaching when it comes to critical thinking when you first see a problem or a lack of intuitive mathematical application if that makes sense. But who can blame the teachers now for teaching this way.. it is clear and been revealed to me that some students these days study just to get out of school easily and may be labeled as "smart" or "hardworking". But then again who can blame the students or the teachers? The Department of Education in my country is simply.. not the best in terms of finding appropriate curriculum and having no idea how to properly fund what our country really needs and teachers in public schools not getting paid enough. I apologize for the small complaint haha I got a bit off track but anyways my point still stands.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I've always had these disorders since a few years back and of course it was hard to be in school but somehow right now it got way harder. I was a lonely kid back then and i still am now but I'm not able to cope with it. I failed a ton of suicide attempts for the past 2 months so now I'm just considering 'recovering' for a bit because we know how hard it is to CTB.. Its like this is my only other choice other than CTB. But anyways, I'm a JHS student, I suffer from mental disorders ever since my Elem days - but I get by in school fair enough up until now. My average grades were always around 90-94 but the thing is now the symptoms of these disorders are starting to grow and grow and grow, therefore I am starting to miss out on school more and slack off more and overall I just get so stressed and tired - I was like this years ago but I can at least handle it to the point of decent grades but now its like everything heightened and I'm living my life on a thread.
I'm having my Unit test this week, I'm supposed to be in school today but I went absent because the feeling just hurts so much. I used to at least enjoy studying and the thought I'm gaining knowledge but now I feel like I can't.. I like math but I'm especially struggling in math - I'm always getting inconsistent and low scores on assignments and math is graded as mostly a written work based subject. I can grasp concepts fairly fine and can understand due to stock knowledge on other subjects but when it comes to memorization of textbook definitions it kills me, and I need to work on this too if I want a good grade because our exams are always based on Identification, enumeration,etc. on most subjects.

I hope someone can answer my question - thank you for taking your time to read this.
Probably gonna get warned for this but, if you're still a minor (assuming JHS means "junior high school"). Fight your bullies while you still can. Sure it's gonna suck to have your Xbox/Phone/PC/etc. taken away but as a minor this will be the ONLY opportunity you'll have in your life to beat the mess out of someone. Unless you bring an actual weapon (which you shouldn't) you're not gonna get arrested for beating random bully X. The worst thing that'll happen is you getting OSS/grounded. Take this time to finish your unfinished business as you'll be met with handcuffs if you try as an adult.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and SexyIncél
cardboard_house

cardboard_house

he/him | i'm so tired. so, so tired.
Sep 17, 2023
This is pretty reliant on having someone that understands math well, but if you have anyone you can go to you should ask them to explain why certain things are done that way. That was it's not so much memorizing, but more logic. Instead of do this, then that, then this again, or whatever, it's you do this because of x and this because of y and then there you go it's the answer. I've always found this help so much more than just trying to memorize formulas or definitions. I can't think of any good examples but feel free to reply to this with anything specific and I'll try to help!!

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
It would be nice if there something that can break down his techniques for me to digest and do immediately.
Yeah, I've been thinking about breaking it down & making it simple. Hopefully I can send you a brief description soon

Combining Justin Sung & others

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Hi 3 forms of unhappiness. I am so sorry you are having troubles. One the bright side you write very well. Much better than me. I have not been through what you are, but my parents found out I was trans leaning when I was 12 way back n 1970. A psychiatrist had parents send me off to a military school for reprogramming as a boy. It was very horrific every day. Of course it did not heal me just mess me Chinedu and teach me if I did not suppress my transness what will happen to me- getting sent back.

It is hard to have resilience when you need it most. It is obvious you are very smart by your sentences structure. I am sorry I do not have any advice, I just hope I could brighten your day. Hugs Renee

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
You said you have problems with textbook definitions. My medical degree was practically nothing but definitions. Me and my classmates made huge use of quizlet.com It won't do much for the math aspect, but for definitions and such its awesome. It's flashcards basically, but it's so much easier and quicker on the computer. You can study anytime you feel up to it without having to dig for flashcards, sometimes simply not having to dig for them is enough motivation to do it. It will make matching games from your flashcards too. I found that the most helpful.

Math isn't my subject though, I have no advice there.. I looked up YouTube teachers anytime I struggled with a problem.

But I'm sorry your struggling and hurting. Your not alone and we're here to listen. I wish you peace and luck in your studies.