Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
My thoughts are they may as well shut the whole internet down. The stuff I see on some social media is questionable activity and bullying is alarming.

I recall the bizarre law of yesteryear, where a further attempt was made to clamp down on violence online in UK, including some adults who were being questioned for BDSM ' fucking machine' activity.

Sure keep your little kids safe but honestly, some kids are on the streets today are dangerous to adults too. London is riddled with drugs and knife crime, so yeh, keep your little kids safe but who is policing it. There's not enough police in our censored authoritarian UK state to manage crime as it is!?

I might have to get a VPN.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TraumaEscapee:), Seaghost, girlsboysthems and 6 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Thanks Dot for the informative reply which I echo this too. The UK government is, I believe, treading on dangerous ground. It dismisses the oppression of other foreign states whilst it appears to suppress freedom of speech in UK. its own narration is built on ideology, that a democratic state can be oppressed wirh laws that seem difficult to interpret. No one voted for Sunak. He was installed as PM. He governs on a mandateless direction that does not truely follow his party's 2019 election pledges. He's dropping some pledges and making decisions outside of the parliamentary system.

We know from the past that these laws have been turned by the authorities to convict some people on other charges so when this safety law gains royal ascension, I expect the great witchhunt to begin in ways we cannot predict.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, mekurin, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Thanks Dot for the informative reply which I echo this too. The UK government is, I believe, treading on dangerous ground. It dismisses the oppression of other foreign states whilst it appears to suppress freedom of speech in UK. its own narration is built on ideology, that a democratic state can be oppressed wirh laws that seem difficult to interpret. No one voted for Sunak. He was installed as PM. He governs on a mandateless direction that does not truely follow his party's 2019 election pledges. He's dropping some and installation decisions outside of the parliamentary system.

We know from the past that these laws have been turned by the authorities to convict some people on other charges so when this safety law gains royal ascension, I expect the great witchhunt to begin in ways we cannot predict.

Yh

'Legl bt harmfl' -- tht cld b abusd in mny dffrnt wys -- nghty wrds wll b bannd nxt bcse thy cn all b cnsidrd 'violnce'

Fixrs thnk tht = wll b usd 2 clse SaSu dwn & thy r alrdy gttng thr knickrs in a twst bcse SaSu hs re-iter8td tht th/ webste = out of UK jursdictn

UK usrs mght b blockd bt Protn VPN = free

• Aww..
Reactions: mekurin, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Rational man and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
They just want to police the internet and silence people. It's all BS from an authoritarian Tory government. I suggest getting a good VPN. Bitdefender has a good one and you can get a cheaper serial key from Ebay than from their actual site. But if they ever start to try to take away VPNs and be complete Net Nannies it is time for the UK to stand up to the bastards. In fact it is already time.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and tiger b
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
They're placing duty of care everywhere besides where it needs to be. 🤨

I hope this whole thing sparks a furious debate amongst the public.
I doubt that it will spark a debate at all unfortunately. I cannot speak for everyone, and I am not trying to state anything in this post as a fact, but from personal experience the general public does not seem interested in the welfare of suicidal people; the act of suicide is seen as an inconvenience to others, and any time the subject is brought up - specifically in any online platform - it is either (usually) ignored completely, or met with anger and disgust. If anything making access to content relating to suicide more difficult will benefit the public, because then they will not have to confront an issue that they want no part in helping to solve.

As an old phrase goes: "Out of sight. Out of mind."

Reactions: tiger b and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Thanks Dot for the informative reply which I echo this too. The UK government is, I believe, treading on dangerous ground. It dismisses the oppression of other foreign states whilst it appears to suppress freedom of speech in UK. its own narration is built on ideology, that a democratic state can be oppressed wirh laws that seem difficult to interpret. No one voted for Sunak. He was installed as PM. He governs on a mandateless direction that does not truely follow his party's 2019 election pledges. He's dropping some pledges and making decisions outside of the parliamentary system.

I'm sure if a vote were taken in the UK about if people want the right to choose a peaceful physician assisted death, the majority would agree that they want that.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Depends how that question is put.

And I'm sure the campaigning on it would not be even-handed.

As a result of that, I don't agree that a majority would agree with it - unless a lot of conditions were put on it.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Reactions: Meditation guide
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
I don't see why we should spend money to get around this. Honestly just use tor, thats what i do

Thre r othr gd free vpns

• Informative
Reactions: Meditation guide and mekurin
mekurin

mekurin

Heading for something better than this
Jul 9, 2023
Thre r othr gd free vpns
yep i know i just dont trust free vpns. if i were to pick a vpn it would mullvad or another that has a strict no log policy but thats just me

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The only way to fix it is to stop voting in right wing governments.

• Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, Seaghost and tiger b
-w-

-w-

Traveler
Nov 10, 2023
I guess it's kinda pointless tbh, but yeah, just get a vpn or use tor if you want to access this forum.

-w-

-w-

Traveler
Nov 10, 2023
I've been looking for a VPN chrome extension that is free.
The thing is I'm pretty sure at one point a free vpn was used for DDoS attacks. So I don't really recommend them. Try to get Mullvad vpn, it's the most secure vpn you can get unless you wanna buy a proxy yourself.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
yep i know i just dont trust free vpns. if i were to pick a vpn it would mullvad or another that has a strict no log policy but thats just me
If you aren't doing anything illegal and just want to view a restricted site it's ok to have one that logs your activity. I doubt if the police will be tracking down people who view this site. Also there are free ones that don't log activity.

Reactions: tiger b and mekurin
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Im online now with this free tor browser so that will do.
I don't see why we should spend money to get around this. Honestly just use tor, thats what i do

Reactions: mekurin
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
As I've already posted elsewhere, I don't think the UK government actually cares one bit about us or Joe Nihill or suicide or the mental health programs of the increasingly-moribund NHS. If it did, it would be making use of any of the logical remedies it has on hand, such as NOT throttling mental health funding up to and past that system's breaking point.

I think Sunak et al. are using us as an expedient distraction, when what the UK government actually wants is what much of the U.S. government wants: permanent warrantless wiretapping capabilities on all its own citizens and as many foreign nationals as practically possible. Think how wonderfully safe that would be, for the current ranking wiretapper and everyone useful to him who heartily approves of absolutely everything he says and everything he does.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Safety comes at the cost of liberty. I'm not arguing that there should be no concept of safety. It's a trade off. But the West as a whole, with the UK leading the march, is moving the dial ever more towards safety and so our liberty ebbs away.

When people imagine nations through a figure, historical or mythical, Britian would often be imagined as Britannia or a British Bulldog. Nowadays, I see a weaselly, grey sliver of a man in a hi-vis jacket telling people to stand behind the line.

• Yay!
Reactions: mekurin