• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
If so, do people disbelieve you or ignore what you say when you open up? I just watched a movie with a character who was molested by family members. It was really hard to get through. And then I got very angry. Because if you don't fit the common image of who this happens to, people seem to want you just to shut up about it. "Don't bring that nastiness up!" Society's hypocrisy makes me choke.

Reactions: Cookiedough8956 and Final Escape
M

MistakesHappen

Escapologist
Aug 29, 2018
Not in first person but yes, people have a standard type of abuse.
You are not considered child but instead a young man or woman? Well you just wanted it, stop seek attention you whore/rabbit.
I don't think this happens everywhere, but it happens

AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
Yes that happened to me. Not exactly but you get the idea. The first time I told someone I was terrified that they wouldn't believe me. But they did. They helped me get my story to the right people. I still have to tell my father what happened but that is a worry for later. I feel sorry for everybody that had to go trough this and we're not believed. I'm still terrified that some people won't or don't believe me.

• Aww..
Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and MistakesHappen
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes when I was 10, a man who moved in with my mom. Single motherhood raises the risk of sexual abuse on kids 30 times. So it's possible to reduce sexual molestation just by not promoting and discouraging it. Just don't create the conditions that are likely to put kids at risk. When I finally told my mother at age 16 it was brushed under the rug but acknowledged. All she said was why didn't u tell me lol! That's kind of why they pick young kids who they see as easy targets because the guy could probably see that my mother and I had a weak bond. I was afraid to tell my mom because I figured I would be blamed or he would hurt her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookiedough8956 and FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Not in first person but yes, people have a standard type of abuse.
You are not considered child but instead a young man or woman? Well you just wanted it, stop seek attention you whore/rabbit.
I don't think this happens everywhere, but it happens

Yes, if you don't fit their image, further their storyline, then it was your fault. And talking about it means you're seeking attention.
Yes when I was 10, a man who moved in with my mom. Single motherhood raises the risk of sexual abuse on kids 30 times. So it's possible to reduce sexual molestation just by not promoting and discouraging it. Just don't create the conditions that are likely to put kids at risk. When I finally told my mother at age 16 it was brushed under the rug but acknowledged. All she said was why didn't u tell me lol! That's kind of why they pick young kids who they see as easy targets because the guy could probably see that my mother and I had a weak bond. I was afraid to tell my mom because I figured I would be blamed or he would hurt her.

Well, my mom was a single mom so my experience supports your claim. :( One of the ways I think we could reduce this is by promoting similar pre-parental responsibility as we do with, say, opening a law practice or becoming a licensed teacher. The most important job in the community, being a parent, and you can get the job by accident or through after-thought. No planning. No training. No proof of competence or preparedness. But I don't think culturally we'll get over our preconceptions: person-A makes the claim--yes, that's believable. Person-B makes the claim--nope, never happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: MistakesHappen